PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell should we have it?

roostwear
01-16-2004, 06:56 PM
There are good points to having the freeboard challenged get together at either Twin Palms or Big River.Myself and a few others have never been to either one, so for those that HAVE been to both, which do you prefer?

victorfb
01-17-2004, 06:16 PM
i havnt been to either. but the little research ive done im thinking twin palms might suite me better as i am planning on bringing out the 5th wheel and storing it there for the season.
ok you guys, whoes been out there and what do you prefer?

Hustler
01-18-2004, 01:10 AM
I've been to big river and really like it so my vote is for big river:D

Done Flippin
01-18-2004, 07:27 AM
(Big River) camp ground the RV camping and I think they have a cheap little motel just out side the park. Water is always great and deep when its up . There is a bar / grill just down river you can get to by boat.
My thoughts.
Thanks.

BGMAN203
01-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Big River

victorfb
01-18-2004, 10:50 PM
has there been mention of WHEN yet? the weekends of either the 8/9th or the 22/23rd works best for me. but i know the 22/23rd is just before memorial weekend and could cause a problem with a bunch of people. i ask because my girlfriend is a nurse that works every other weekend, and if its on a weekend she is working it will be tough to switch with someone at a short notice. so the sooner we can come up with a date the better. not only that, but it will give me a date to shoot for to get the boat done. man do i have alot of work to do..hahaha :p

roostwear
01-19-2004, 07:17 AM
A few people have had a problem with the weekend before Memorial Day (can't get time off :rolleyes: like any of us really WORK), so I'm leaning strongly at 5/15-16. Time and place should be etched in stone this week.

HotHallet
01-20-2004, 01:33 PM
I've never tried Big River and have been curious about it so I guess I vote for Big River.

Mopar426
01-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm just waiting for a finalized date. We were planning on taking two weeks of vacation in May and was planning on the strip, but my wife doesn't like it due to the younger crowd. We will have the boat and motorhome, sounds like fun at Big River.