PDA

View Full Version : Speakers

CEO
01-17-2004, 12:18 PM
I have 4 pairs of Sony 6x9s and DCB is about a week or so away to start rigging the boat and I didn't like the "red" looking speaker covers on the m, I returned them for Infinities. Any comments pro or con on the infinity 6x9 versus the Sonys

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Kappas are head and shoulders above the Sonys.

likwidsukr
01-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Kappas are head and shoulders above the Sonys.
I second that!!

rivercrazy
01-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Which ones are you getting? I have the 693.5i's in my ride and couldn't be happier. They can take quite a bit of power and sound great.

77charger
01-18-2004, 09:52 PM
dont forget kicker subs to go with that L7s rivercrazy and havasu hangin would love to have them too:D

Havasu Hangin'
01-19-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
dont forget kicker subs to go with that L7s rivercrazy and havasu hangin would love to have them too:D
Kicker subs...HA! These days...the only gimmick fooling people more than the Kicker subs is the Trojan batteries.
You know what they say...there's one born every minute. When is your birthday, anyway...77discharger?

likwidsukr
01-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Kicker subs...HA! These days...the only gimmick fooling people more than the Kicker subs is the Trojan batteries.
You know what they say...there's one born every minute. When is your birthday, anyway...77discharger?
In the 90's kicker was the speaker to have They sounded awesome!! Have they lost all quality??

Lightning
01-19-2004, 03:50 PM
...the only gimmick fooling people more than the Kicker subs is the Trojan batteries.
What's wrong with the Trojan's?

Havasu Hangin'
01-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
What's wrong with the Trojan's?
The same thing that is wrong with the Kickers...
...77discharger believes in them .
He probably sits up late at night ordering things off the infomercials, too.

ROZ
01-20-2004, 10:20 AM
He probably sits up late at night ordering things off the infomercials, too.
Funny you say that....I almost ordered a set of Ronco knives last night.... I figure at 3 easy payments of 13.99 , I can't go wrong :D

CEO
01-20-2004, 03:56 PM
I ended up going with the MB Quarts, good sound speaker and
8 of them will be hooked to 2- VR-804 Crossfire 4 channel amps. We shall see how good these things are

rivercrazy
01-20-2004, 04:03 PM
You really can't go wrong with MBQ's. They are a great speaker. I just hope the Fosgate doesnt mess with the engineering and design.

ROZ
01-20-2004, 04:06 PM
You'll be very pleased. Does Dave still get his gear from Tranzonic?

ROZ
01-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
You really can't go wrong with MBQ's. They are a great speaker. I just hope the Fosgate doesnt mess with the engineering and design.
Nope... They're all hands off. Totally seperately run companies... Ain't broke don't fix it types :D Still designed and made in Germany...
Rockford lost their highend status when they went to BestBuy years ago. Eventhough they're building great new products, they know that they can never regain the status they once had. They bought MB Quart to bring Rockford Fosgate as a company back into the highend 12volt lime light. They only bankroll the Germans. They're basically MB Quart's world wide discributor. :D

mbrown2
01-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Roz,
MB Quart used to make an 8" Mid Range that I think they discontinued?....Do you happen to know if they still make it or have plans to make it? Al'Coholic has them in his boat and I say it is a pretty sick mid range...can't imagine why they discontinued them...

OutCole'd
01-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Not to completely hijack this thread, but what about Kicker 6X9's?
Are Kickers any good?

ROZ
01-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Roz,
MB Quart used to make an 8" Mid Range that I think they discontinued?....Do you happen to know if they still make it or have plans to make it? Al'Coholic has them in his boat and I say it is a pretty sick mid range...can't imagine why they discontinued them...
I know, I know! And I couldn't believe he got a set the year they discontinued them! Must have been One of the last pair in SoCal. They sounded great....Well actually his whole boat sounds great :D
I think the bottom line killed that speaker...
The only changes for this year that I'm aware of are the amps (1 quad mono, 1 dual mono, 1 full range mono, 1 regular 4ch, 1 regular 2ch, and 1 regular mono), the Discus Subwoofer line, and the Q-line tweeter bridge that allows a tweeter to be mounted onto Q-line speaker.

BoatFloating
01-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Roz,
I had the 8"MB's in my old boat them MF's were sick. The justed rocked period. I was bummed when they stopped making them, I had a perfect spot in my current boat for them. The only problem I had was I was killing crossovers that came with them.