PDA

View Full Version : Intake on ebay

Taylorman
01-18-2004, 06:32 AM
This would be bad ass in a jet boat. Wish I had a BBC. Anyone have experience with injection like this?
Ebay intake (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2454544881)

Wet Dream
01-18-2004, 06:42 AM
Looks pretty nice, but I'm going to question something....:rolleyes:
The tunnel also helps add to the swirl/ mixture of fuel and air before the combustion chamber. With the injectors being so close to the intake valve does atomization become an issue or this more of an issue when it comes to top mounted carbs?
I know that standard fuel injection can inject directly into the CC, but is it the same principle with a tunnel?

jetboater5
01-18-2004, 06:44 AM
I have run this system on a blown v-6 motor, that I had in a sandrail a couple of years ago. The thing made awesome power but was very hard to start. It basically needed primed if it sat for more than a few minutes at a time.
:( I finally got tired of messing with it and went back to electronic injection.

Infomaniac
01-18-2004, 10:31 AM
A few jet guys around here run that set up.
Just add a primer and good to go.
As in any mechanical injection. You must use a "T" tank. The pump needs to be gravity fed.

Sleek-Jet
01-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Anyone have idle problems with a mechanical fuel injection like this???

Infomaniac
01-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Mechanical injection idles about 1,100 RPM.
Trying to idle at any less can cause problems.
Naturally there are always exceptions.

Sleek-Jet
01-18-2004, 11:21 AM
What's used to prime it (electric pump???) ?

Fiat48
01-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Anyone have idle problems with a mechanical fuel injection like this???
Idle and part throttle operation with these setups is tricky to get right. The barrell valve spool has to be worked with and a part throttle bypass is required. I would say not a good deal for a boat. If you want injection unblown, then the setup to use is a set of Crowers or Kinsler uprights like Gofastracer uses. If the throttle shafts and tight and set up right, the idle and part throttle are great. Idle rpm can get clear down in the 700 rpm range.

Jake W
01-19-2004, 09:39 PM
It sure is cool looking how much do you think it would cost to build one of thoes?And could you use a open SS scoop?
Jake:D

OkieDave
01-20-2004, 09:03 AM
I ran a tunnell ram injector on a ford and it was sweet. excellent response, more power. hard to start tho. had a squeeze bottle to squirt into the scoop while cranking the motor. cost me a race once when it backfired and caught fire on the holding rope. it used a 4-hole hilborn top. i still have most of the setup and i'd sell it or trade for something.

manuel
01-20-2004, 04:44 PM
I like this one, I have triple Weber 45 DCOE's on my car so I'm used to tuning them, but they are thisty and I'd have to cut my sunpad, Manuel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2454572448&category=36474

Foggerjet
01-20-2004, 06:20 PM
It sure is cool looking how much do you think it would cost to build one of thoes?And could you use a open SS scoop?
With an outfit like that, The bird catcher isnt just fer looks. Those butterflies are the throttle plates. With an open scoop it would have only 2 speeds, "off" and "warp". You would have no way of throttling the thing. Could be interesting tho.

Jake W
01-20-2004, 06:24 PM
I thought it might be something along thoes lines.
Okiedave what all do you have left and what do you want for the stuff you have?
Jake:D

OkieDave
01-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Jake, I have the old style Hilborn 4-hole in-line top with the large holes. It bolts to the top piece of a three piece Weind tunnell ram. The one i had was for a Ford but the top piece fits any of the weind big block three piece tunnell rams. I have the port lines and nozzles, Enderle belt driven pump, crank pulley and adapter for ford balancer, barrell vave, bleed-off vavle and an asortment of pills for tuning, 2-gallon tank, all the braided lines for feed and return, etc. Basically everything except the lower parts of the tunnell ram, which i sold with a pair of 660's. I ran it on a 521 c.i. ford on methanol. it was sweet but takes some getting used to on starting.