PDA

View Full Version : Phil Simms Sucks!

LASERRAY
01-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Sorry I don't like to be a Hater, but I can't stand Phil Simms in the booth. He's a train wreck! He's way worst then Dierdorf and that's saying alot. My biggest peave with Simms is the way he ALWAYS talks in the third person, or should I say, When he talks about anybody, he ALWAYS speaks in quotes. ie. "I talked to Payton Manning this week and he goes: well Phil, I feel 100%. Correction Phil, What you should say is: I spoke with Peyton Manning this week and he told me that he feels 100%. I know it doesn't sound like much but take that and multiply it by 100 times a game. I call Phil the "Quotemaster". It so annoying! Watch the game today and you'll see what I mean. In college he must have taken: English as a second language. And it only gets worse. He'll be In the booth for the Superbowl, Bummer. I prefer a REAL brodcaster like Al Michaels. Without that talking head Madden by his side. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now. And before you tell me to turn down the sound, I already do.:cool:

comin' unscrewed
01-18-2004, 01:30 PM
I haven't listened to Simms much. But as far as the worst commentator goes, let's just say I think it was an absolute tragedy that LT only broke Theismann's leg. It would have been far better for the fans if he had permanently pulverized his jaw!

LASERRAY
01-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by comin' unscrewed
I haven't listened to Simms much. But as far as the worst commentator goes, let's just say I think it was an absolute tragedy that LT only broke Theismann's leg. It would have been far better for the fans if he had permanently pulverized his jaw! I agree on that. Theisman sucks too. I hate when he says things like: "That's just not fair" and :"He's just too good". And no matter who's at fault, he always sides with the QB.:yuk:

JetBoatRich
01-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by comin' unscrewed
I haven't listened to Simms much. But as far as the worst commentator goes, let's just say I think it was an absolute tragedy that LT only broke Theismann's leg. It would have been far better for the fans if he had permanently pulverized his jaw!
LOL, we are lucky no playoff games are on ESPN