PDA

View Full Version : Mpd ?

victorfb
01-18-2004, 02:00 PM
after taking the pump apart (berk JG) i found that there has been some work done to it. looking at the impeller, i noticed MPD had been stamped on it. there is also a single A on the impeller stamped on each side of the shaft. i would imagine this is an "A" impeller, but stamped twice. id like to contact MPD and get some info. does anyone know were they are located? and possibly a phone # ?

Oldsquirt
01-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Marine Performance Designs
1760 Monrovia St. Unit A-7
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627
949-631-2040

460rogers
01-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Was told most imps start as an A but are cut down to make AB,B,C imp.I had to measure mine to see it was a B

fullwood
01-18-2004, 02:46 PM
has anybody heard of SAM being stamped on any pumps, me and my buddy just rebuilt a pump for this guy and it had SAM on all the parts including the bowl intake suction and impellor

victorfb
01-18-2004, 04:17 PM
thanks OLDSQUIRT. thats exactly what i was hoping for.
460rogers, i was thinking the same thing. i will measure it all out this evening. it really didnt make sense that MPD would stamp thier name on a stock "A" impeller. unless of course they had cut it. too bad it didnt turn out to be a stainless impeller. now that would have been a score.
now. does anyone remember were it was posted that had the entire cut, size and listings? i remember seeing it a while back when someone else was wanting to check thier impellers cut aswell.
thanks again gang.:D

flat broke
01-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Vic,
This is probably what you are looking for
http://www.liquidaddiction.net/images/heatseeker/berkeley%20impeller%20specs.jpg
Chris

wsuwrhr
01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
AA is a smaller opening than an A
Brian

victorfb
01-18-2004, 08:54 PM
hey flat broke, thanks. for some reason all i could find was the American turbine chart. after printing yours out, i went to the shop and measured and it looks like its a "B" cut. (6 3/4"). now i have to make sure the motor is going to match the pump specs, or vise versa.:rolleyes: there doesnt happen to be a chart for that is there? :D
thanks again guys.

flat broke
01-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
hey flat broke, thanks. for some reason all i could find was the American turbine chart. after printing yours out, i went to the shop and measured and it looks like its a "B" cut. (6 3/4"). now i have to make sure the motor is going to match the pump specs, or vise versa.:rolleyes: there doesnt happen to be a chart for that is there? :D
thanks again guys.
Well... :)
http://www.liquidaddiction.net/images/heatseeker/berkeley%20chart.jpg
A very rough guideline, but it should start pointing you in the right direction. I think Hacker mentioned something about Jack saying that 450hp or thereabouts was good for 5k or so on one of his "B" cut impellers. But I could be mistaken, so you could always call Jack.
Chris