PDA

View Full Version : grilling secrets

Interceptor454
01-18-2004, 05:56 PM
alright, just sucked down two DELICIOUS pork chops, secret recipie, my old man gave me this one-don't tell!!!!..................
(3) 1&1/4" cut loin chops
(dry rub) fresh cracked black pepper and lowry's grill creations [beef] seasoning
A-1 marinade, worshestire sauce (or your favorite)
dry rub, put in ziplock (or favorite) freezer bag, then add liquid marinade, FREEZE.
I know, some of you are cringing right now, but freezing actually helps the marinade process, and it makes it VERY convenient to take to the lake--frozen, sit out the morning of, and wallah, it's already marinated, so you don't have to F with it when you're all drunk from hanging out at the beach!
VERY IMPORTANT--do not cook at too high of heat-----the #1 mistake of most grillers, if it's charcoal, grill w/o the lid, for those who use gas, grill on low.
For the thick cuts (1" +), takes about 25-30 minutes. Guaranteed to melt in your mouth. A poll was taken earlier, gas or charcoal, about 50/50, but to cheat and use gas, take a small metal container (about the size of a nuts/bolts bin at your local hardware store), add SOAKED wood chips, and presto, your charcoal flavor has just been added.
Anyone else out there got any magic tricks they'd like to share? Haven't had any complaints or un-eaten steaks/chops/burgers etc yet!!:cool:

Interceptor454
01-18-2004, 06:38 PM
so, nobody likes grilled flesh???
I know that can't be the case......so nobody wants to share?
We all have a secrets, pitch 'em out there. Everybody's gotta eat!

svlperry
01-18-2004, 07:41 PM
i do a killer tri tip soak it for 3 days in your favorite marinade slice up a onion put the tri tip and onin in a peice of heavy duty aliuminum foil cook on lo for 45 minutes then the last 5 minutes take out of the foil and on the grill and sear it

NorCal Gameshow
01-18-2004, 07:47 PM
sweet baby ray's b.b.q. sauce...great flavor with a little kick
:)

Interceptor454
01-18-2004, 07:48 PM
where do you find it? never heard of it??????

NorCal Gameshow
01-18-2004, 07:51 PM
I get it at ralphs out here...do you have kroger out there?? kroger owns ralphs
sweet baby ray's website (http://www.sweetbabyrays.com/)

NorCal Gameshow
01-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
get some fresh tune steaks,rub with olive oil and fresh garlic,salt& pepper,put on BBQ :D go get a beer ,get some flour tortilla's,get another beer;) ,fresh,fresh salsa,and a avocado:D :D ,you can do the rest ;) the best taco's you have ever munched:D :D
that works great with tuna too...(j/k):D
also with a bun and a slice of pepper jack cheese, that makes an awesome sandwich

navycook
01-18-2004, 09:02 PM
New York Steak .... 16/18 oz..... never frozen....
Bring to room temp
rub with olive oil
mix together: garlic, rosemary, kosher salt, cracked black pepper corns
rub steak with dry ingredients..... don't be shy
refridgerate over nite
bring steaks to room temp before grilling
to top it off;
grilled red spuds
grilled sweet onions
grilled asperagus
nice bottle of BV Merlot