PDA

View Full Version : New England

skipr
01-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone from the New England area on this board? Would like to get together with some other people this summer.
Steve

howard69
01-19-2004, 05:00 PM
i live in central mass. It would be awesome to get some other hot boats together

blown428fe
01-19-2004, 08:54 PM
From CT. Could possably take a road trip.
Mike in CT.

skipr
01-20-2004, 03:14 AM
I live in Greenfield and I am more than willing to take a road trip as well this summer. Hopefully we can get a few people together for a day trip or so.
Steve

Terrible Buddhist
01-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Douglas MA...and FREEZING!

RUNFAST
01-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Long Island-NY
This winter sucks...just as bad as last year!

SecondTake
01-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Way up north and colder than hell but ready to trailer! Need big water though.

likwidsukr
01-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SecondTake
Way up north and colder than hell but ready to trailer! Need big water though.
Holy chit!!:eek: I would say so look at that motha funker:eek:

SecondTake
01-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
Holy chit!!:eek: I would say so look at that motha funker:eek:
Thannks Liquidsucker!How about NC, give me a few names to web search where you do your boating! That would be a cool road trip!
Otherwise the thousand islands on the St Lawrence has some great spots?

DansBlown73Nordic
01-29-2004, 03:17 PM
The 1000 Islands is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I have spent lots of summers @ Grass Point....

likwidsukr
01-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Thannks Liquidsucker!How about NC, give me a few names to web search where you do your boating! That would be a cool road trip!
Spend alot of time at Smith Mountain Lake in Franklin County Virginia. Also Philpott Lake in Va. I spend most of my time at Wrightsville Beach on the Intracoastal waterway in NC. There are some good lakes here as well, Falls Lake, Lake Jordan, One of my favorites is Kerr Lake< not very busy can run wide ass open alot of the times during the week and there is alot of coves that are several miles long and VACANT!! The Atlantic Ocean out at Wrightville is for the most part calm, 3-4 ft seas are Normal. I could go on but that is the jist. Come on down let me know though so I can take a ride in that SWEET ASS boat :eek: :eek:
Steve

SecondTake
02-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
Spend alot of time at Smith Mountain Lake in Franklin County Virginia. Also Philpott Lake in Va. I spend most of my time at Wrightsville Beach on the Intracoastal waterway in NC. There are some good lakes here as well, Falls Lake, Lake Jordan, One of my favorites is Kerr Lake< not very busy can run wide ass open alot of the times during the week and there is alot of coves that are several miles long and VACANT!! The Atlantic Ocean out at Wrightville is for the most part calm, 3-4 ft seas are Normal. I could go on but that is the jist. Come on down let me know though so I can take a ride in that SWEET ASS boat :eek: :eek:
Steve
Got out the atlas and started looking up your spots. No problem for the ride. I just gotta figure out how long it will take to get my sorry ass down there! It's a long tow (Even for a Ford!)

skipr
02-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Ford, Holy Crap!!!! You better not go to far.:cool: :eek: LOL

MANIC MECHANIC
02-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Second Take,
I took a ship tour of the thousand islands area a long time ago.
Beautiful place.
I'll never forget the house on an island that the tour guide pointed out that had a little bridge going over to another island close by.
The tour guide said that the island that the house was on was in the US, and the little island that the bridge went over to was in Canada.
He said that when the guy that lived there had a disagreement with his wife, he got a sixpack and left the country!
I would love to bring my wife up there and ride around there sometime.
I also remember a passage the tour went through between two islands where the current rushing through the gap was amazing.
To you and:
Skipr,
Howard69,
Blown428fe,
Terrible Buddist,
Runfast.
Smith Mtn lake is quite a large lake with some beautiful scenery,
close to a good sized city, (Roanoke Va) Which means (to my wife and I),
Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, all close by.(40 min)
Also there are lots of on the water stores, fuel, even a couple of bars.
The smaller boats like I have stay up on the river, where there's lots of little coves that are large enough for a pretty big boat, that have lot's of privacy.
We would be happy to meet any of you and show you the places we know.
Also, as I'm sure you've noticed the east coast group has a get together at lake Anna Va, in june, and a couple more later in the year up in MD and Pa (Havre de grace and Raystown).
This is a great group of people and you could'nt go wrong coming to any of these events!
Plus we would all (Here on the board) really enjoy meeting all of you.
PS. we welcome all of you to the forum!
:) :cool:
Tim

SecondTake
02-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Well thank you kindly for the invite!
I'll be checkin the ford! She has never failed me yet though? I love that whole part of the country down there. Spent lots of time in ATL GA and Nashiville. Hear NC and VA all sound great. As summer approaches I'm going to have to pull together dates to see what can work.
Summer is kinda short up hear!:(

DansBlown73Nordic
02-09-2004, 01:34 PM
I also remember a passage the tour went through between two islands where the current rushing through the gap was amazing.
That would be the (Lake Of The Isles) Its hard to describe the 1000 Ilands on here and due it justice......;)

GEOO
02-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm in CT too. Where do you boat?

DansBlown73Nordic
02-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Im just outside Binghamton and would make a trip over you guys way if you all get to gether.

blown428fe
02-13-2004, 11:33 PM
GEOO.- What kind of boat are you running down there?

Wet Dream
02-14-2004, 06:33 AM
This isn't in NC, but I have 2 great spots...Lake Anna, VA and Havre De Grace, MD. ;)

GEOO
02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
blown428fe.
1975 18 Donzi, Procharged Small Block Chevy.
What do you run?

Wet1
02-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Checking in from the CT coastline. Good to see others on this board from New England. The weather is STARTING to warm slowly, looking forward to being back on the water!:cool:

blown428fe
02-24-2004, 08:03 PM
GEOO- Always liked the Donzi, Almost bought one years ago with a 340 Mopar in it. I have a 68 Wieman jet (Rodgers)

blown428fe
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Wet 1- Where on the coast are you from?

Wet1
02-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Clinton. Yourself?

Scott Rogers
02-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Another CT. person.
Waterford (Thames River)

blown428fe
02-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Middletown. My wife likes to shop at Clinton Crossing and spend all my boat money. We eat down that way occasionaly at the Log Cabin.

blown428fe
02-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Scott - We were just at the Krystal Mall last weekend, that whole area has really changed . (stores all over the place)

GEOO
02-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Fairfield, CT