PDA

View Full Version : How The Hell Do

SANGER-RICH
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
HOW THE HELL DO you get these plastic tanks out without distroying the floor, I have new tanks to replace them and it seems they glued in. Is there a way to do this safely????????????
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247fuel_tank.JPG:confused: :confused: :confused:

76BARRON
01-19-2004, 07:20 PM
YES just unscrew the gas cap ,then light a match and look inside to see if you can see th................................................
OOOOPS !! SORRY I COULDN'T HELP IT!!:D :D :D

GofastRacer
01-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Take a die grinder with a cut off wheel and cut them out, then pry the rest out with a bar or whatever you have. You shouldn't have too much to repair!....

paradigm shift
01-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by GofastRacer
Take a die grinder with a cut off wheel and cut them out, then pry the rest out with a bar or whatever you have. You shouldn't have too much to repair!....
Ditto! Been there done that on Kindsvater many years ago that had fiberglass tanks. Watch for fumes / vapors if tanks are not dry and flushed out already.
You will have to cut the side support. Careful with pry bars you can do mare damage than you realize. Take some time and cut / grind them out it is not too bad. Lots of ventilation and disposable plastic coveralls along with a GOOD respirator are advised.

mfrey
01-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Hey Rich, Mine doesn't have the side supports like yours, but I did make aluminum supports that bolt in to do the same. The way yours is, is stronger, but if they're in the way, you can live with out if you make some that are bolt in. I would not have been able to get my new tanks in with those, but don't know what size your new tanks are. Looking forward to seeing the project.