PDA

View Full Version : Monster Garage next week they are cutting up a Ultra Stealth

Jake W
01-19-2004, 09:36 PM
It will be fun to watch and sad to watch at the same time.They are going to cut up a Ultra shadow tunnel and make a car boat out of it ,on the previews it shows a blue Shadow with white racing stripes.It will be on next Monday.
Jake:eek:

screamdreambrad
01-19-2004, 11:01 PM
don't mean to be clinical, but i think that is a "shadow". close to a tom papp stealth, or (same thing) edge stealth. brad

Jake W
01-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Your right screamdreambrad I changed it.( opps)
Jake

promod
01-20-2004, 05:52 AM
wyhy are they doing that to a new boat why could'nt they take a old one and do that, i recon all in the show of how much money don't mean shit to monster garage, just hate to see a good boat get f'ed up
later promod:p

flattie
01-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Jesse James should stick to what he knows best and thats bikes after I saw that. I look at him as a hack or a hillbilly! He doesn't have any taste

Squirtcha?
01-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by promod
wyhy are they doing that to a new boat why could'nt they take a old one and do that, i recon all in the show of how much money don't mean shit to monster garage, just hate to see a good boat get f'ed up
later promod:p
Definitely not condoning the wasting of a nice new boat, or the way they throw the money around, but I'd rather see them cut up something that can be replaced rather than the cherry El camino that they chopped for the figure 8 deal (amongst other similar deals, former record holding slingshot dragster hotdog cart etc.). They can't just go make another cherry 70 El camino. The boating thing would be similar if they were to take an old cherry Southwind dragstar or something else that can't be replaced.
The whole premise of the show has kinda gone away anyhow. Supposed to appear stock? Not many of em have appeared stock when they were done with em. How the hell is a car/boat going to appear stock? Guess we'll see eh?

promod
01-20-2004, 07:13 AM
as you see right at the end of the comercial he says this is getting hard that right there should show what it takes for boats to run :p ;)

flattie
01-20-2004, 08:27 AM
I think I'm going to start making a mpeg of me hacking up sweet custom bike and e-mailing them over to Monster Garages web site

Johnwithjm
01-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by screamdreambrad
don't mean to be clinical, but i think that is a "shadow". close to a tom papp stealth, or (same thing) edge stealth. brad Sorry Brad but it is more like a Cheyenne. This should be one of the best builds that Monster garage has done. It turned out very nice.

superdave013
01-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Do you guys think it will run better or worse then the one Racing Rascel had??????????????? :eek: :cool: :eek:

svlperry
01-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Johnwithjm
Sorry Brad but it is more like a Cheyenne. This should be one of the best builds that Monster garage has done. It turned out very nice. if u got pictures post em

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 11:16 AM
We won't tell;)

mud duck
01-20-2004, 11:37 AM
I was at the Ultra plant a few weeks ago and John said the pics were not to be published until the show aired. However, I did see the burn out tracks on the pavement outside. :D

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I want to see it burn out in the water....oh wait:D

HBjet
01-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by flattie
Jesse James should stick to what he knows best
He is... Marketing!
60% of West Coast Choppers revenue alone is from T-shirt sales. The image keeps you in business, not the product!
HBjet

Jake W
01-20-2004, 04:23 PM
That is what it looked like so mabey so.Too bad
Jake

565edge
01-20-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Do you guys think it will run better or worse then the one Racing Rascel had??????????????? :eek: :cool: :eek:
I sure hope so!:D :D :D .

Jake W
01-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Johnwithjm from what I understand they both have the Cheyenne bottom.
Jake

Squirtcha?
01-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by dreamsicle
Is this the one they cut up? http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/834Ultrashadow19.jpg ...Keith
Hey, I've got a buddy here in Phoenix that has that same boat. It's even got the same gel job, fades n stripes on it. His has a blue tinted windshield on it though. Oh yeah, and a blower.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/834Ultrashadow19.jpg

Jet Hydro
01-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Jesse James would be proud of me :) I`m cutting up a mint 1986 IROCK Z-28 that had only 60,000 miles on it for a guy that wanted an outlaw street drag car. I had a hard time cutting on such a nice car :yuk: but the money was too good to pass up :D

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Cutting up an 86 IROC huh? A real hot rod with about 85HP brand new. Don't worry I just poured half my beer out for our recently departed dead homie.;)

skipr
01-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Not to be a JERK or anything, but you guys complaining about cutting up the boat should send some e-mials to the owner of ultra boats as he is one of the members on the build team. Just my .02.
Steve

fourspeednup
01-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Oh cool. Should be fun to see him on the TV. :cool:

Jake W
01-21-2004, 08:52 PM
John of Ultra boats has been on there befor on the school bus to pontoon boat thing, it was pretty GAY.
Hey I am just excited to see a JET BOAT on TV.
Jake
:rolleyes:

Cole Sanger
01-22-2004, 10:28 AM
That boat idea was my idea. I thought about doing that for the last year or so with my old 72 Sanger. I haven't told many people about it. So then I e-mail Monster Garage about 6 months ago. Tell them my idea, and even send pictures of my old boat and tell them they can have it. I got a reply from the website saying they received my e-mail and they will respond as soon as possible. Then last Monday I am watching and see they are doing my idea. WTF, they could have at least sent me a shirt or that jet car they just made. I bet someone just saw my idea and told their boss they came up with it.

honkey1
01-23-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Cutting up an 86 IROC huh? A real hot rod with about 85HP brand new. Don't worry I just poured half my beer out for our recently departed dead homie.;)
:D :D :D

likwidsukr
01-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by flattie
Jesse James should stick to what he knows best and thats bikes after I saw that. I look at him as a hack or a hillbilly! He doesn't have any taste
Jesse James is my Hero and I want him as my Godfather:eek:

Jet Hydro
01-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by honkey1
:D :D :D
Waz up long time no see rstover1. How`s the back doing ?
We were down at lake Dirty Bird with the hydro and couldn't find any of your fast friends this summer. Well, I found a few that said they had 100+mph boats but for some reason I smoked them before I hit 80mph ?????
You`ll have to get me your number so I can call ya the next time I`m in your neck of the wood`s. We can down some silvers and BS about how fast we could be ...lol...
I got rid of my Okie wife but one of my old pit crew members moved to Moore, so I`ll still be stopping by for a weekend or two this summer.

svlperry
01-24-2004, 08:15 PM
there's a picture of it over in the sandbar

Jake W
01-25-2004, 06:58 AM
svlpeery thanks for the heads up on the pic .It looks like the deck has had alot of modifications to it.
Jake:Dhttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3160DSC00042.JPG

svlperry
01-25-2004, 08:06 AM
there's another picture of it on rrl if any body can move it over here

honkey1
01-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
Waz up long time no see rstover1. How`s the back doing ?
We were down at lake Dirty Bird with the hydro and couldn't find any of your fast friends this summer. Well, I found a few that said they had 100+mph boats but for some reason I smoked them before I hit 80mph ?????
You`ll have to get me your number so I can call ya the next time I`m in your neck of the wood`s. We can down some silvers and BS about how fast we could be ...lol...
I got rid of my Okie wife but one of my old pit crew members moved to Moore, so I`ll still be stopping by for a weekend or two this summer.
Your right there are alot of shit talkers at dirty bird. Next time your in town let me know ahead of time I'll call some fast boats for ya to race. My boat only runs about 60 and it is going to be in pieces for a while. But hell dads got four boats and my brother has one so I can always get a ride on the water to go kill some beers and watch every one else waste gas.

flattie
01-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I just watched the show and I still say they wrecked an nice boat
Thats too bad!!!!!!!!!

Jake W
01-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Yea they for sure Fed upa nice SHADOW.
(Looks like a lot of mods to the deck)(REALLY)yea because it is the bottom Ha Ha Ha
John did not look too happy when they were cutting it up.
Probably the best show yet though.
Jake:D

Taylorman
01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I was sick to my stomach in disbelief watching them cut up that sick ass boat. Thats should be against the law to ruin a good boat like that.

HammerDown
01-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Who's Pump was coming out of that Boat...Aggressor maybe?

HotRod Sprint
01-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Here's my post on this at RRL
[QB] Haven't watched since the MORONIC ASSHOLE cut up the El Camino. I think we need to start a show where we buy his bikes, chop them into little pieces and make nonsensicle usesless BULLSHIT out of them! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: That dope smoking rope eater needs be be beat in the head about a thousand times.
If we are lucky, he will get caught with Pot again, which will be his third strike in Cal. and he will be put in prison for life!
Rod

Cs19
01-26-2004, 10:44 PM
The first part of the show was cool, when jesse was driving the boat in what looked like the ocean,didnt care much for the rest. They destroyed a brand new tunnell boat, bolted it to a weak frame and tied a junkyard tranny and rear end to it, and it broke right away. :confused:

flattie
01-27-2004, 07:34 AM
Then when you see Jesse James comercial for auto zone about the car being the point!!!!! You wouldn't think they would be such hacks. They should have found a boat with rotted out stringers and cracked gelcoat for that project
what a waste! I hope the guy who owned the boat is still sick to his stomach because I will be for along time

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-27-2004, 08:24 AM
i watched that show last night and I was so damn PISSED OFF:mad: :mad: :mad: I cant believe they did that:mad: I would like to see a westcoastchopper cut into something! i still feel the pain today. The only thing that was nice was the open bow that was haulin' ASS with that beautiful roostertail. That was a sick ass boat.I dont know about those monster people! I thought it was a cool show until last night. Now I am hurt:mad:

skipr
01-27-2004, 08:53 AM
You guts are something else!! It's just a F%&*%$@ boat. They make new ones everyday. Now ifit was an old rare boat in great condition that would be different. The boat was constructed specificly for the show, Ultra will make a new one tomorrow. So no big deal.

Taylorman
01-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by skipr
You guts are something else!! It's just a F%&*%$@ boat. They make new ones everyday. Now ifit was an old rare boat in great condition that would be different. The boat was constructed specificly for the show, Ultra will make a new one tomorrow. So no big deal.
Your right but did you notice they guy from Ultra boat, John i think, about to cry when the took the saw z all to the boat. He was about to cry.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by skipr
Yeah, BUT they could of donated it to me and i would have made sure it was well taken care of;)

MANIC MECHANIC
01-27-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm always particularly impressed by the no suspension/solid mounted rear end.
He seems to be really fond of hardtails.....:rolleyes:
Tim

1slowboat
01-27-2004, 08:22 PM
hell i liked the show 2 when he was driving the boat. then i wanted to cry, i would have tradded my boat any day..... sick M!@#$%#@#$ER.... took a 50k boat and made a 1k piece of s@#t......

Jake W
01-27-2004, 08:33 PM
How about the look on Johns face when he was in the boat with the Man chick. That made me want to blow chuncks.
Thats a huge bitch(man bitch that is)
Jake:eek:

1slowboat
01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
hahahahahahahhahahahaha, shit i forgot about that.... to busy crying when they started cutting the boat..... damn that ( thing ) was nasty... he/she..... that would make any one run from a boat lol.:D

mgar_red
01-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Think of all the publicity Ultra got over that, weather bad or good, it was free advertising for the company. And the cost of the boat was just a write-off for them. Who knows, maybe their sales might go up.

screamdreambrad
01-27-2004, 11:54 PM
yea pretty good advertising for ultra, they sold a boat and got most of the parts back. free ad. showed off his blown stealth playtoy for the year, and his shadow got hacked up, and will probably be in a museum somewhwere. AND john from inland ultra is not john west, so don't get in his butt about it. he sells ultras in norco. ok. brad p.s. i didn't like it either!:(

pops1
01-28-2004, 09:18 AM
John: Jessie scammed the show- What's Up with that! Some engineering and it could have been a good Trip, Running in the 70 MPH Range on water. -Sorry for the Loss- Dave