PDA

View Full Version : Allstate Boat Policy

01-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Check your policy they have change definition of engines
seems my boat now has a outboard (big one 496)
what a bunch of dumb shits, just called a different agent
that helped me out and seems i was overcharged about
$137.00 a year if you have any questions e mail me
ro257@hotmail.com

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 257
Check your policy they have change definition of engines
seems my boat now has a outboard (big one 496)
what a bunch of dumb shits, just called a different agent
that helped me out and seems i was overcharged about
$137.00 a year if you have any questions e mail me
ro257@hotmail.com
Hmmmmm.....I wonder if my jet turned into a v-drive overnight. ;)

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I've been with allstate since 1990 with three cars, homeowners, and RV and they wouldn't even insure me on my boat late last year. My so called agent told me that they wont insure High Performance Boats. Looks like I need to shop for a new agent.:mad:

fourspeednup
01-20-2004, 11:19 PM
or a bayliner:D

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
or a bayliner:D Uh.............No.:p

Kachina26
01-20-2004, 11:24 PM
You're joking? Laser, I used John Brunot out in Placentia to insure me through Allstate, never get any crap and he knows whats up. Call him 714.996.8262

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 11:26 PM
I had used allstate for a long time too. I had all of my boats with them over the years up to my Ultra. They insured my Eagle offshore boat, w/o any grief. But the agent moved and I didn;t like the new one so I dumped em for progressive.
Allstate has one of the better reputations for paying claims though.

LASERRAY
01-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
You're joking? Laser, I used John Brunot out in Placentia to insure me through Allstate, never get any crap and he knows whats up. Call him 714.996.8262 Thanks K but I went with Progressive and feel that I got a good rate. As far as service goes, I hope that I never need them for that( Knock on wood ).

Dr. Eagle
01-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah,
I haven't used my boat insurance ever, in over 20 years of boating....
Hope I never need to...:smilespi:

K9Blitz
01-21-2004, 12:59 AM
I've used Allstate for my past 3 boats with no problems. My premium jumped when I added my new boat to the policy. (what a great time to add a picture of my new boat)
My annual premium is $612 for full coverage. The only other company I got a quote from was State Farm and they were a lot higher. I've got a thing about insuring with the smaller no name companies. I fear they'll jet off to mexico when I track them down for a claim.

jbtrailerjim
01-21-2004, 06:12 AM
I have my Essex and my Ultra both insured through Allstate and never have had any problems. The rate on my Ultra was double compared to my Essex. My Essex runs me about $400 a year and my Ultra is around $800.

Dr. Eagle
01-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I have my Essex and my Ultra both insured through Allstate and never have had any problems. The rate on my Ultra was double compared to my Essex. My Essex runs me about $400 a year and my Ultra is around $800.
So like you have one boat for each foot?????
Kinda like me, two Sea Doos and a boat>>>>>>>????
:D :D :D :D

Jordy
01-21-2004, 08:32 AM
I do all my insurance through Allstate and I do know they have a big notebook regarding boat insurance and a big list of builders they consider "high performance" and won't cover. They also won't cover boats that run over 60 mph. Apparently they like to pick and choose what type of insurance they wan't to do as they don't like motorcycles either. :rolleyes:

jbtrailerjim
01-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
So like you have one boat for each foot?????
Kinda like me, two Sea Doos and a boat>>>>>>>????
:D :D :D :D
LOL....Yah, right doesn't everyone need two boats? Spring is coming and hopefully I will be the happy owner of just one boat soon.:rolleyes: :D

Kachina26
01-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I do all my insurance through Allstate and I do know they have a big notebook regarding boat insurance and a big list of builders they consider "high performance" and won't cover. They also won't cover boats that run over 60 mph. Apparently they like to pick and choose what type of insurance they wan't to do as they don't like motorcycles either. :rolleyes: They covered my carrera and I told them the truth about the top speed (67mph). They also covered the new boat at 65ish. Not saying that they don't give some people crap for whatever reasons, they just took care of me. :D

SoCalOffshore
01-27-2004, 10:14 PM
They insured me for a whole month and then cancelled me. :confused:

Kilrtoy
01-27-2004, 11:57 PM
WOW, I hope my boat turned into an offshore racer.
DOUBT IT,
BUT
I did notice some bullshit changes........

hd&boatrider
01-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
You're joking? Laser, I used John Brunot out in Placentia to insure me through Allstate, never get any crap and he knows whats up. Call him 714.996.8262
I talked to that guy a few times. He lacks customer service if you ask me. I would never want to do business with him again.

OGShocker
01-28-2004, 10:33 AM
How much do Cat owners pay vs. Vee guys like me. Mine is $850.00 per year with Progressive.

Kachina26
01-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I talked to that guy a few times. He lacks customer service if you ask me. I would never want to do business with him again. That's too bad to hear, I've only had one claim and he was all over it like flies on stink. I was more interested on what my new boat was gonna cost to insure and he wanted to get the skier claim handled first. But, like anything else everyone has their own experiences.