PDA

View Full Version : Splash guard advice????

ONAROLL
01-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Since the weather is going to suck this week too, Im going to fire up the heat in the shop restock the silver bullets and build a new splash guard, (tell me when Im screwing up) Ive got 1/8 inch thick piece Lucite in smoke, I plan on holding the starting edge and heating the Lucite with a heat gun hoping the heat will cause it to bend around the inner contour of my engine well, run straight across the well to the other side and heat it again to make the bend the same, trim the ends and "nail it". Im doing it in Lucite because it is a pretty "no stress" area of the boat and alot cheaper than Lexan in case I **** it up.........any thoughts on this...........thanks Vic Did I mention its a "JET" boat......

Jake W
01-21-2004, 05:43 AM
I would go with 1/4 no less in thickness.
Make a plywood pattren of the curve of the inside of your transom and (heat)bend the plexy around that ,make a top and bottom pice sepraited with a 2 by 4s for distance.This is how I did mine with plexy it was very easy.
Allso cut the shape first then bend it .And use a propane torch to heat up the top of the plexy it will smooth out the cut edge for a nice look.
Jake:D

HotRod Sprint
01-21-2004, 06:20 PM
I think I would use rivits instead of nails. You Okies :D
Rod
Goooooo Ropers :D

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
My only advice regarding splash guards is this............................
Don't temporarily set your iron cylinder head on it while you get a new (fresh) grip.
It'll break it. (the splash guard, not the head).

1 fast okie
01-21-2004, 09:03 PM
hey if your close to okc give a compeny called eaton-quade plastics a call (405)236-4475 they can make that for you for around $150.00 they'll give you ahigher price on the phone till they see it in person. they did a replacement windscreen on a 21 eliminator daytona for a friend of mine for $200.00 ready to bolt on when eliminator wanted $500.00 and didn't guarintee shipping if it gote broke it was still yours.eaton-quade did a awsome job.

victorfb
01-21-2004, 09:12 PM
you may want to make it from an opaque plastic instead of a more transperant type. its hard to not get the little spider cracks at the bends even when heating it. and if you do end up heating it to a burn point you can sand it smooth and polish it. not so with the transperant plastics. my personal favorite is a stainless or polished aluminium. but thats just me. good luck... :D

screamdreambrad
01-21-2004, 09:54 PM
i can't read lips, i just want to know what the chick on onarol's avatar is saying!!!:eek!: :eek!:

TRG
01-21-2004, 10:04 PM
ive been wondering that same question since he first put it up?
hmmm...is she that chick that was with kurk cameron on that tv show?.......uhhhh growing pains,... the babysitter, lucky ben that lil bastard! lol
todd

Greaser
01-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by screamdreambrad
i can't read lips, i just want to know what the chick on onarol's avatar is saying!!!:eek!: :eek!:
Enquiring minds want to know!!!!

MudPumper
01-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by screamdreambrad
That's ****ing funny, I was just sitting here watching it over and over trying to figure out what she is saying. This is what I came up with. "Mudpumper, I wan't you to cum all over my lucious breasts"

moneysucker
01-22-2004, 09:05 PM
This is what I came up with. "Mudpumper, I wan't you to cum all over my lucious breasts"
Mud pumper, I think you got it right except the first word is Moneysucker. It is a slight oversight.
CY

Jake W
01-22-2004, 09:23 PM
How about this
1 How much do they weigh
2 How much will you pay
Any one else have something?
Jake:eek:

TRG
01-22-2004, 10:20 PM
but did you notice the guy in the background doin the "hokie pokie"...put your right foot in...pull your right foot out....

victorfb
01-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Todd, dude youve been sniffin way too much resin fumes...:D
ok, i was thinkin the same thing, but didnt have the nads to say anything...:rolleyes:

screamdreambrad
01-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
but did you notice the guy in the background doin the "hokie pokie"...put your right foot in...pull your right foot out.... not until you mentioned it, i just can't get my eyes off those boobs!!:p brad

ONAROLL
01-23-2004, 01:41 AM
Thanks Jake, good idea, I didnt want to do it while on the boat, thanks Fast Okie if I **** it up tonight then I will try em........Vic
I cant believe you guys cant tell what she is saying!!!!!!

shirkey4750
01-23-2004, 05:15 AM
The best money can buy !!!!!!?

TRG
01-23-2004, 08:05 PM
but their mine!???? do i get a cookie...or hers?

Jake W
01-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Todd I bet you are knocking on the door bro.
Jake:D

TRG
01-23-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah!!! and she is talking to me!! did you see her look right at me??