PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat missed the boat and then some!

CircleJerk
01-21-2004, 12:31 AM
I am quite dissappointed but not really surprised that this magazine decided not to publish a story on us outlaws up here running old dilapidated ugly and slow v-drives. {check our video to see for yourself it this statement is correct} Rex may choose to move this to its final resting place elsewhere but I wanted to inform my friends here of our rejection and also see what popcorn Mike will do. {I'm going to miss his great posts}, my friends know where to find me.....promoting affordable, safe, family fun style nostalgic circle racing in central Washington. Got to get to the shop and finish 3 boats! Auto Boat Show in 2 months.;) :p :confused: JeRkout

Rexone
01-21-2004, 12:46 AM
popcorn Mike. lol that's a new one. :D
I feel your pain. If only we knew why magazines do what they do sometimes. Lots of competing interests I guess and numbers seem to rule. Don't feel like you're the first one not to be included with a subject you feel warrants press. It happens all the time in all publications.
Feel free to write about it here all you want though Jerk. Even if not that mainstream, this forum is your guys venue to expose your sport to those who care to pay attention and look.

RaysonKid
01-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Jerk,
You pretty much hit it on the head.
Guess its not enough of a "Party type event"
Or you need a sponser that pays for advertising in the magazine.
Or we all need bigger ,shinier boats.
I am still surprised any time I see mention of a drag race.
Thank god for this forum.
Jeff

MoJetBoPar
01-21-2004, 08:26 PM
I used to only subscribe to support this website.
Now we at least have the last 4 pages dedicated to our retro performance boats.
I can understand the need to support the big advertising $$$. No problem here.
If you haven't already, post pic's or create a website of your event and hopefully some momentum will get it some notoriety.

126driver
01-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Keep the faith CJ! And don't let anybody give you any shit for driving those old 'L' boats. ;) :D

FlatStupid
01-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 126driver
Keep the faith CJ! And don't let anybody give you any shit for driving those old 'L' boats. ;) :D As long as Larry dont go broke Jims got a shot at 150:D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

CircleJerk
01-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Thanks.....and to show my appreciation, 4or 5 years of magazines will be sent to anyone willing to pay freight! How about it raysonkidd.....or is it HOWkiddRR or HowkiddORD or ORDkidHOW {flower child in question}:D " You guys and gals are the Greatest!" {Mohammed Ali}:rolleyes: Its Cabin Fever!:wink: