PDA

View Full Version : ski lake communities?

CMABadseed
01-21-2004, 12:53 AM
anyone on the boards know anything, or live in one of these kinda communities? i know they are putting one in in ramona....or it is in, but i am just a little curious about them since i will be looking to buy in the next year or so...
any info would be great, thanks!

Outnumbered
01-21-2004, 01:37 AM
What do you want to know?

Danhercules
01-21-2004, 06:09 AM
I know Caynon Lake has rules up the ying!! You are not allowed to ride a motorcycle in there. If you have a bike, you have to trailer it past the guard shack then hop on. Eff that. Make sure they are not rule happy.

Boatmaster
01-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Check out Discovery Bay in nor cal, not a lake but great waterfront homes on the delta. Talk to anyone who knows the delta the water can't be beat for water sports.

gmocnik
01-21-2004, 07:35 AM
indeed canyon lake has many rules, however, it is an awesome community. we have owned there from day one and my parents have a place on the water...just walk out to the dock, drop the boat in the water, and go. good skiing/wakeboarding during the week...it does get busy on the weekends...on weekends there is usually a few boats "rafting up" right in front of the folks place.
the property values are still manageable....you can get a water from home for $750,000-$850,000...lots of money but where else in so cal can you be on the water???
check it out...just not on your harley...

svlperry
01-21-2004, 07:57 AM
i live in spring valley lake in the high dessert very nice place on the way to the river private lake you got to live or own property in the community to restgister your boat good water all week long good water early on the weekends lots of rules but very leiant if u want more info pm me

CMABadseed
01-21-2004, 12:19 PM
nice guys thanks for the info...i am just kinda looking all over the place right now...wanna get all the info i can about all kinds of property options.
i'd like to be really ready by september to get things going.
thanks again

Mohavekid
01-21-2004, 07:46 PM
My parents live in Lake Wildwood which is a private gated community in the Sierra foothills of about 2500 lots.
It has all the amenities, private golf course, tennis, and a 800 acre private lake. They've got quite a few CC&R's, but they're not too oppressive.
The homes are all custom built and range in size from small 2 bedroom cottages to large 11,000 square foot estates. Lake front houses start at about $750,000 and range up to 5.5 mil.:eek!:
what do you want to know?

CMABadseed
01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
these areas sound pretty good, i went up to canyon lake this summer and did some wakeboarding with a buddy. i like the idea but it seems like the prices in CA are a little high for me....i can live anywhere with my job...so area is not really important.
i know about the rules and all that. i was just wondering more if anyone knew anything about the one in ramona...not too much info on their site.
www.esquilago.com

Outnumbered
01-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
these areas sound pretty good, i went up to canyon lake this summer and did some wakeboarding with a buddy. i like the idea but it seems like the prices in CA are a little high for me....i can live anywhere with my job...so area is not really important.
i know about the rules and all that. i was just wondering more if anyone knew anything about the one in ramona...not too much info on their site.
www.esquilago.com
Here ya go:
www.lakehouse.com

CMABadseed
01-22-2004, 07:22 PM
OL that site is awesome. thanks EVERYONE should check that thing out if they are interested in something like that

Outnumbered
01-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
OL that site is awesome. thanks EVERYONE should check that thing out if they are interested in something like that
No problem.
Ya, that guy had a great idea. I just sold my house by owner on his site.
Lake Arrowhead is a private ski lake. Bigger than Canyon Lake and SVL combined. Don't know if its what you are looking for but its a nice area. Just too damn cold:D .
OL