PDA

View Full Version : Spam for boat riggers and nostalgia circle racers

boatguy222
01-21-2004, 05:04 AM
OK, boys and girls,
Heres the deal, I have a bare flatbottom hull that has Never been rigged. It was build by Don Cucci for Paul Stratton in 1983, paul lost interest in Racing about this time and the boat sat in a storage yard for 20 years. This boat is a splash off a Starfire circle boat out of Washington. It is NOT A BIESEMEYER. You may have seen it for sale on some of the other boards, It was on this board in August of last year. and I knew what it was, the guy selling it what going to turn it into a jetboat, I said NO WAY! and ended up with it. My plans have changed.
The price for the boat is $2k,OBO or Trade. it does NOT have a trailer, and it needs a little finish work, before the rigging can start.
If anyone is interested please pm me, I am pretty motivated to get it in the hands of someone that will make it a nice boat.
Thanks,
Marc

TRG
01-21-2004, 05:59 PM
FOR THE RECORD!!!
I was never going to put a jet in that thing!lol
a neighbor up the street wanted to!
this boat is a sweet looking boat, not to mention the orig.gel is in superb condition!!! no shit!!
i wanted to buy it back until my wife found out!!!i could almost hear the sound of my clothes being thrown out of the house!!lmao!
todd

boatguy222
01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks Todd;)
Any of you interested, I'll meet the buyer 1/2 way, up to 500miles from Engene, Or.
Somebody make me an offer here, any v-drive parts to trade??? BBC parts??
I need to get on with my other projects!

gochappy
01-22-2004, 07:00 PM
okay I'd like to open the bidding at 3 comic books, 2 candy bars, one red fiberglass camper shell with a crack in it, 1/2 cord of firewood, $200 in quarters, one aerosal type horn(expended),an old pair of afo's, one sleeping bag, a black cat, and one 300mhz computer with monitor.

boatguy222
01-22-2004, 07:55 PM
GOCHAPPY,
If you come over to watch the fiberglass work, I'll let you work on this boat, It need a cap job too.:D

gochappy
01-22-2004, 08:02 PM
your killing me smalls.......so then I shall assume I have an accepted offer LOL

LakesOnly
01-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Has the hull been stored all these twenty years indoors or outdoors?
LO

396_Z
01-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by gochappy
your killing me smalls.......so then I shall assume I have an accepted offer LOL
I don't get it. Smalls and Marc are two different people.
Marc, I would have snatched it up when I first got the offer but I want room for 4, otherwise it'd be mine.

TRG
01-22-2004, 09:12 PM
when i recieved the hull, i had been sitting outdoors for 3-6 mo. but, previously when paul stratton had it, i believe he said it was in his daughters garage since just after it was laminated!
i have a few pics of it from the day that i picked it up, and after i started to clean it up a bit!
the boat is in great shape! i'll put my name on it! and any of you know that that is a "BAWLZEY" move around the boardz!
the pics are in the image center under "todd"
and i think that i've got a few more around here somewhere!
todd
P.S. when i sold the boat to mark... the hull had never been flow coted so i think that is what he means by, a lil' finish work! you might want to run that by him though
hope this helps!

gochappy
01-22-2004, 09:35 PM
smalls is the kid from sandlot....hasn't everyone who has kids seen that movie 137 times...I thought that was the minimum allowable amount

waterloged
01-22-2004, 10:09 PM
So is it a runner bottom? what does it come with? does it have a brand name?:confused:

MikeF
01-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Flatbottom.
Spoke w/ Paul about this type of boat not too long ago. He said his Bies would lose 9 mph in the turns and the Starfire would only lose 2!:eek: (3 turn course)

FlatStupid
01-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Well it wasnt a Sanger probably should have a jet put in it!!!:yuk: :cool: :D

FlatStupid
01-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Flat Stupid
Well it wasnt a Sanger probably should have a jet put in it!!!:yuk: :cool: :D Shiaat Im startin to sound like Brodie! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

boatguy222
01-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by waterloged
So is it a runner bottom? what does it come with? does it have a brand name?:confused:
The brand is D'cucci, built buy Don Cucci, Dan has retired to Mexico and his son Joey now lives in Havasu. Joey campained the same hull in the SuperStock class for several years in the 90's. It is a circle boat. It is not a runner bottom, the bottom is flat, but it has alot of rocker in it, and is very fast in good water.

boatguy222
01-23-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by MikeF
Flatbottom.
Spoke w/ Paul about this type of boat not too long ago. He said his Bies would lose 9 mph in the turns and the Starfire would only lose 2!:eek: (3 turn course)
I was at a couple of races that Paul ran against Dave Villwalk in the Starfire, in the Sk class early 80's at Clarkston, Wa.I think George Stratton was Driving the D'cucci (Biesemeyer type) at that time, George and Dave went around side buy side for 4 laps it was great racing. Yes I believe the Starfire won.

boatguy222
01-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
when i recieved the hull, i had been sitting outdoors for 3-6 mo. but, previously when paul stratton had it, i believe he said it was in his daughters garage since just after it was laminated!
i have a few pics of it from the day that i picked it up, and after i started to clean it up a bit!
the boat is in great shape! i'll put my name on it! and any of you know that that is a "BAWLZEY" move around the boardz!
the pics are in the image center under "todd"
and i think that i've got a few more around here somewhere!
todd
P.S. when i sold the boat to mark... the hull had never been flow coted so i think that is what he means by, a lil' finish work! you might want to run that by him though
hope this helps!
Thanks Todd, that explains why the gelcoat is so good. And all this time I thought that you brought 20 year old gelcoat to life.:D

gochappy
01-23-2004, 08:53 AM
okay boat gut what do ya want to trade....need cabinets or countertops for you house...I do own a cabinet shop....wall unit for you bigscreen TV? custom closet for your wife...now thatb would net you some good points.....am I making any headway?

gochappy
01-23-2004, 02:49 PM
so how many hours of actual work do you suppose there are in a cap job? I am clueless how long it takes to grind it out fill it sand I'm guessing refill etc...

boatguy222
01-23-2004, 04:10 PM
so how many hours of actual work do you suppose there are in a cap job? I am clueless how long it takes to grind it out fill it sand I'm guessing refill etc...
gochappy,
Hell I don't know, If I kept track of all the hours I worked on Boats, well... lets say, I would have much time to eat or sleep.LOL
I am guessing 10 to 15 hours from start to finishing the gelcoat. My good friend Todd might have a better idea, his has done a couple. Oh and BTW, I am olny trading for other v-drive boat parts, or hi-pro BBC stuff, and one last thing CASH TALKS.

TRG
01-23-2004, 07:58 PM
i would say that you are'nt to far off mark.... on the last boat i did (the light blue rogers) it had taken me about 10 hrs ( start to prime for paint) but the cap and hull were lined up perfect!...if not you can add a few more hrs to the total!!
now, the de'cucci has a perfect lam. every corner meets almost perfectly!! and by the way mark, i will have you know, i put about 10-12 hrs in on that boat ( couple color rep's and wet/sanding/buff time)LOL.
its not rocket science to cap a hull,...just takes a bit of comon sence!
just my thoughts, you may "WADD" them up!!

boatguy222
01-24-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
i would say that you are'nt to far off mark.... on the last boat i did (the light blue rogers) it had taken me about 10 hrs ( start to prime for paint) but the cap and hull were lined up perfect!...if not you can add a few more hrs to the total!!
now, the de'cucci has a perfect lam. every corner meets almost perfectly!! and by the way mark, i will have you know, i put about 10-12 hrs in on that boat ( couple color rep's and wet/sanding/buff time)LOL.
its not rocket science to cap a hull,...just takes a bit of comon sence!
just my thoughts, you may "WADD" them up!!
Thanks Todd:wink:

boatguy222
01-28-2004, 04:26 PM
So. something must be wrong here. Nobody needs this boat??? OK how about this, I will meet any WEST coast buyer 1/2 way with there trailer, or deliver it up to 500 miles from my house. Anybody who live in the east I would be willing to meet them in Burley, Id. at the end of June. Somebody really need this boat!!!

gochappy
01-28-2004, 04:43 PM
oh I really need it, just don't want to pay for it..LOL

21rayson
01-28-2004, 07:05 PM
ok i'll bite i have a 12 degree cases, a gen 5 4 bolt block w/crank has one sleeve and a pair of bb polished log manifolds. to trade. like i need a nother project.

boatguy222
01-28-2004, 07:25 PM
oh I really need it, just don't want to pay for it..LOL
:rolleyes: NO WANNABEE'S:D ;)

boatguy222
01-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 21rayson
ok i'll bite i have a 12 degree cases, a gen 5 4 bolt block w/crank has one sleeve and a pair of bb polished log manifolds. to trade. like i need a nother project.
Merritt,
PM me your number and we'll talk!!