PDA

View Full Version : FOCK compton college

a catered life
03-26-2006, 11:10 PM
the state wants to close the school for mismanagement of student services and i say do it :mad: ....i got screwed out of $2,200 last year from them :mad: the day after we did a event for them we were driving down the street listening to the radio and heard a news report that said they had money problems... i instantly looks over at my girl and said to her "i bet we dont get paid" and a year later no money :yuk: we just wrote off the loss but will never do business with them again

C-2
03-26-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm sure you busted your asses for that money. I wouldn't walk away so easily - take them to small claims.
50% of my clients are local municipalities - I've always found not getting paid on invoices is usually nothing more than invoices being in the wrong hands.
Make more phone calls, kill them with kindness. Remember, it's human nature to wanna help (see, I'm responding to your post); find that one person who is also willing to help and your invoice will get paid. If not, PM me, I can probably help.
-----
F*in Compton - city politics at their finest. Seems the "Hub Cities" are nothing more than safe havens for old-schoool political corruption. Compton, South Gate, and now Maywood......

a catered life
03-27-2006, 06:37 AM
thanks for the words of encouragement on this issue. we have called and talked to the so-called person in charge with no positive response but i recently found out that there is another group (national youth sports association) :argue: involved and the college is waiting for them to pay up....i keep getting the same old line "so and so over spent their budget" :cry: i dont want to do the court thing since my family and business have been truly blessed and that was the first client that did us wrong we chalked it up as some expensive education and moved on. that was the first client we billed after the event and will never do it again now it money up front or find yourself another caterer

slink
03-27-2006, 06:52 AM
There's two words I never thought I would hear together...."Compton and College". Is their slogan, "Come to Compton College and earn your BA in Homicide, Carjacking or Mayhem" :crossx:

a catered life
03-27-2006, 07:55 AM
There's two words I never thought I would hear together...."Compton and College". Is their slogan, "Come to Compton College and earn your BA in Homicide, Carjacking or Mayhem" :crossx:
dont forget the minor assorted sales :p