PDA

View Full Version : reason for selling transom headers

Jeff Ellis
01-21-2004, 01:09 PM
This eliminator that I just purchased does not have an engine cover and I wanted to dress the motor up to look like the Tom Papp 21 Phantom with the over the transom headers. I am an old school type of guy and actually like to spend time in the garage polishing aluminum and chrome.
I need a pair of basset twisties for this boat. Any ideas on used or good deals on new?

victorfb
01-21-2004, 03:59 PM
hey jeff. ive got a few sets of headers. two are bassetts, and one set is brand new. unfortunatly they are not the twisties. but i am looking for a set of thru transums as the holes are allready cut in the rogers. i also have all the lines for them aswell. if your not totaly set on the twisties lets make some deals.:D

flat broke
01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats a perfect match made in heaven right there.
Hook up a deal guys.
Chris

victorfb
01-21-2004, 04:29 PM
i also have a set of baffles for the headers. this can be a sweet deal for the both of us.:D

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 06:39 PM
You guys might want to make sure you're comparing apples to apples. What kinda motor is it?
Or maybe ya'll already know each other?

victorfb
01-21-2004, 07:21 PM
hey Squirtcha, the motor i have im pretty sure is a gas motor, i tried running deisel in it and it wouldnt run.:p
ok ok, just funnin with ya man. actually you have a very good point. what i was planning on useing the lightnings on is an 18' rogers with a mild 502 BBC. est. 550 hp. that im setting up for more of a river cruiser than a hot rod. theres just no way for me to keep up with you guys.:D
oh yea.... JET BOAT....:cool: now it can stay.

565edge
01-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Are you the same guy as jeff ellis from nipomo ca.If so i know you.Anyways i know someone who is interested in your headers.He also has a 21 daytona.These headers probally wont fit a v-bottom boat because of the bend.Go to lightning and it tells you how to measure them.

Squirtcha?
01-21-2004, 08:22 PM
hey Squirtcha, the motor i have im pretty sure is a gas motor, i tried running deisel in it and it wouldnt run.
Victor Victor........................I never know whether or not to believe you! Are you REALLY running a diesel next year or are ya jist kiddin? :wink: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :D :o :( :yuk: :)
You're a phunny guy

victorfb
01-21-2004, 08:54 PM
well Squirtcha, i WILL be running a diesel, but it will be in the F550 tow rig. the rogers is definatly going to be running the 502 BBC.:D as for being a Phunny guy, nawwww. im just not that bright. :rolleyes:
565edge is definatly on the ball, and if Jeff was interested in the deal i absolutely would have looked further into it. but thanks for the heads up 565edge.
and thank you too Squirtcha. you guys are allways looking out for us. thats awsome man. i owe both ya a cold one. :D

TRG
01-21-2004, 10:09 PM
a cold DP?

Danhercules
01-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
well Squirtcha, i WILL be running a diesel, but it will be in the F550 tow rig. .
:D
Isnt a 550 diesel a little over kill for a 18' Jetboat??:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:
I was just thinking, I have a 7500 GMC dump truck with a 9 speed and a CAT. Do you think that it will be enough for my 2 440 jet skiies??:p

victorfb
01-21-2004, 10:58 PM
well, i dont know. i dont give out my "Diet Pepsi's" to just anyone, but in this case i may make an exeption. :D
hey Danhercules, the F550 might be a bit of an overkill for the jet boat, but it sure hauls the 5th wheel like a dream.:D and if your thinking of hauling both them jet ski's with that truck, you might want to look into some overload springs, and a full armored cab. i hear some folks are getting kinda pissed with them jet skiers...:p