PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Pocket Bikers, first round match ups

superdave013
01-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Ok, now that there is a good size herd of us with these lil buggers we now need to get down to it.
Maybe this weekend we can take over a parking lot and see who is who. We could do it out in front of my shop until the man runs us off. If someone has another spot I'm into that too.
I will call out Flat Broke out to a 3 lap heat to get this rolling. :D
I am ready.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/483-med.jpg

502procharger
01-21-2004, 02:50 PM
i just got a blue one. do you think it will make it from the east coast for the race:D i can take i70 most of the way. any idea how long it will take. i should have bought them with you guys i paid to much 350

flat broke
01-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Ouch Dave. Ya called me out so quick I's a be havin me some dat dar whiplash ;)
First the boss asks if I want to play paintball, now you ask if I'm gonna race my new deathmachine... This is gonna be a tough one
I've got 2 days to make the call. How wide is the area you are thinking about? Is it the street where we parked when we were doin Dave's trailer? I'm trying to think of another more wide open spot we could hit up with some cones.
On a side note, how are you proportioning your braking. Typically I'd utilize more front, but I'm a little iffy about that in this position. That and the back seems to grab really well.
Chris

boatnam2
01-21-2004, 04:28 PM
will there be a chopper class?

flat broke
01-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Hacker should be on his way back with his shortly, so I'd guess that there will be a small chopper class ;)
I think I better make sure my medical insurance goes through here real quick. :D
Chris

hack job
01-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
will there be a chopper class?
i got one so i will race boatnam! i got me a blue chopper and iam ready to run!!!;)

WetWillie
01-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Ok, now that there is a good size herd of us with these lil buggers we now need to get down to it.
Maybe this weekend we can take over a parking lot and see who is who. We could do it out in front of my shop until the man runs us off. If someone has another spot I'm into that too.
I will call out Flat Broke out to a 3 lap heat to get this rolling. :D
I am ready.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/483-med.jpg
SD, How does it run? Was it worth the dough??

CrazyHippy
01-21-2004, 08:20 PM
If i can get someone to pick one up for me, I'm in!!!
BJH

superdave013
01-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by WetWillie
SD, How does it run? Was it worth the dough??
It runs real well. Front and read disk brakes. I had to adjust the slop out of the throttle cable but that was easy. Over all it is fun fun. You can't put a price on fun can you? But if you have to I paid 330 cash out the door.

wsuwrhr
01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I'll bring out my 900RR. Sounds like fun.
Brian

hack job
01-22-2004, 08:41 AM
looks like no one is going to join dave race club.:confused: well dave you call us and tell us when and were .;)

ITSALLGOOD69
01-22-2004, 08:43 AM
i'm in for the race.;) and i'll bring the 18 pack of bud light on ice:)

boatnam2
01-22-2004, 08:58 AM
hopefully i will get mine today tyson so i can get a little practice and then your mine.im going to put a hi tyson on my back fender!

superdave013
01-22-2004, 09:29 AM
im going to put a hi tyson on my back fender!
:D :D

G-Ride
01-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Don't know if any of these parts will fit, but I found a site that has some cool parts like k&N's, exhaust and stuff.
http://www.midsouthminimoto.com/
Does anybody know if the engines for the choppers are the same as the racers??

superdave013
01-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by G-Ride
Don't know if any of these parts will fit, but I found a site that has some cool parts like k&N's, exhaust and stuff.
http://www.midsouthminimoto.com/
Does anybody know if the engines for the choppers are the same as the racers??
chopper is 49 cc and the racer is 47cc.

hack job
01-22-2004, 09:54 AM
.im going to put a hi tyson on my back fender!
well be warned i have been practicing on mine for a hour hour of drive time . lol:rolleyes: and i have been working on osme mods . lol:p

hack job
01-22-2004, 09:56 AM
they are different

Itsahobby
01-22-2004, 10:05 AM
How the heck do you ride that little thing?:confused:
One thing, for sure, it's not to far when you lay it down:eek:
Is there a site for those?
Hobby

flat broke
01-22-2004, 10:57 AM
It's not that far to the ground when/if you bail; but I have this funny feeling that if you do end up eating shit, the bike stays with you through whatever tumbles you take. I don't know about anyone else, but in the "normal" riding position for that bike, I'm not exactly poised to make any nimble manuvers.
Anyone else know of a large vacant parking lot we can use in OC?
Chris

NOTALENT
01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
how about the golden west college parking lot...lol we could run from he cops..lol or the swap meet parking lot in costa mesa.

hack job
01-22-2004, 03:59 PM
iam going to say no to the swap meet parking loot due to the fact that is on a major street and too much of a chance that a cop will drive by and put a end to ou games. lol;)

superdave013
01-22-2004, 04:29 PM
I say Sunday would be a good day. Over by my shop (91 & 57) it's a ghost town on sundays. Would be plenty of parking lots and small industrail parks to ride in. If and when we get kicked out we just say I'm sorry and leave.

hack job
01-22-2004, 05:36 PM
cant do sunday got a paint ball game going that day. dave you should come out with us and play .;)

Wet Dream
01-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Now wait a minute. I'm hpoing the guy in that pic is about 7' tall. I used to have a little Suzuki GSX50R, kick start (you could use your hand) and it had a 5 speed and would do about 40 mph. Does anyone remember those? How do these compare to that size and is it single speed or clutch and gears? I don't remember it being THAT small though. :eek:

boatnam2
01-22-2004, 09:26 PM
im working graveyards this weekend so im out .the kid talked to the other welder and there going to make pipes for them.he built his own custom mini chopper and wants to start building pipes for these things.

ITSALLGOOD69
01-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Now wait a minute. I'm hpoing the guy in that pic is about 7' tall. I used to have a little Suzuki GSX50R, kick start (you could use your hand) and it had a 5 speed and would do about 40 mph. Does anyone remember those? How do these compare to that size and is it single speed or clutch and gears? I don't remember it being THAT small though. :eek: I remember those i use to have one to, and a YSR 50;)

superdave013
01-23-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Now wait a minute. I'm hpoing the guy in that pic is about 7' tall. I used to have a little Suzuki GSX50R, kick start (you could use your hand) and it had a 5 speed and would do about 40 mph. Does anyone remember those? How do these compare to that size and is it single speed or clutch and gears? I don't remember it being THAT small though. :eek:
lol, nope, if I'm about 5'8" or so.
I don't think these would compare at all to what you are talking about. These have weedeater engines.