PDA

View Full Version : Free Banderlog Water Injection Valve

cyclone
01-22-2004, 03:36 PM
ok not exactly free. I won the valve at the Classic boat Beach Bash last summer and I already have a working water injection system in my boat. Consequently, i've no need for the Banderlog valve. I didn't pay a dime for the thing so i dont want to charge anyone for it. I'm thinking that i'll trade it away for something interesting.
maybe some fiberglass bucket seats, a factory Berkley droop snoot , a Rogers Custom Boats emblem for the dash of my boat, chopper parts (gas tank, fenders ect.), 15-gallon fuel tanks for my boat, or anything else that might be interesting.
Hit me up with whatever you've got to trade because i might need it.

Taylorman
01-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I have a Dooley scoop. Call me 800-688-2331.
Kevin

hack job
01-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
ok not exactly free. I won the valve at the Classic boat Beach Bash last summer and I already have a working water injection system in my boat. Consequently, i've no need for the Banderlog valve. I didn't pay a dime for the thing so i dont want to charge anyone for it. I'm thinking that i'll trade it away for something interesting.
I do need a dual carb scoop, like a Dooley or Bassett scoop. Or maybe some fiberglass bucket seats, a factory Berkley droop snoot or side exit nozzle, a Rogers Custom Boats emblem for the dash of my boat, chopper parts (gas tank, fenders ect.), 15-gallon fuel tanks for my boat, or anything else that might be interesting.
dont you have two water injections systems laying around .
i could have swore you had a home built one.
;)

cyclone
01-22-2004, 04:07 PM
check out the "dry header" thread....

cyclone
01-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Taylorman
I have a Dooley scoop. Call me 800-688-2331.
Kevin
what's the center to center measurement of the openings in the scoop?

Taylorman
01-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Its adjustable:confused:
The person i got it from cut the front hole out and made it fit his opening the reattached it. When I got it, i just made it fit mine. I had plans on rewelding it up, grinding it smooth and powercoating it. It really would not take much to do that. Here is a picture. It on my Olds right now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/161DCP_2751-med.JPG

HotRod Sprint
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Cyclone, the only thing I have to trade for it is Greenbacks. If you don't come up with anything good to trade for, PM me, and we'll talk.
Rod

cyclone
01-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Its adjustable:confused:
The person i got it from cut the front hole out and made it fit his opening the reattached it. When I got it, i just made it fit mine. I had plans on rewelding it up, grinding it smooth and powercoating it. It really would not take much to do that. Here is a picture. It on my Olds right now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/161DCP_2751-med.JPG
the bottom looks fairly jacked up in that pic. got any close up pics? I'm looking for a fairly new scoop that i'm not gonna have to re-polish or grind, weld or otherwise repair.

cyclone
01-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
Cyclone, the only thing I have to trade for it is Greenbacks. If you don't come up with anything good to trade for, PM me, and we'll talk.
Rod
cool. ill keep it open for a few days and if no one comes up with a good trade then i'll let ya know.

victorfb
01-22-2004, 05:08 PM
mike. i want the valve. ive got a new dooley dual carb scoop for ya. center to center is 10 1/4"

hack job
01-22-2004, 05:47 PM
check out the "dry header" thread....
i was messing with yeah:p
i know that you use it. i just wanted to rip on you a bit damn it.
:wink:

cyclone
01-22-2004, 06:16 PM
why you gotta mess with a brutha? just for that you should come booze bowling saturday night and buy me a shot!!:D

cyclone
01-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
mike. i want the valve. ive got a new dooley dual carb scoop for ya. center to center is 10 1/4"
ok lemme update this...someone just gave me a scoop so i dont really need one. what else ya got???

victorfb
01-22-2004, 06:31 PM
is there a mechanical tach drive distributor that also has an electronic trigger that allows you to use those banderlog valves?
id like to use my mechanical tach.
mike, your bummin me out about the scoop man. :p actually im sure ill be able to sell it or trade for a single carb scoop. what sort of fiberglass buckets are you looking for? for the boat? and it just might be possible that i will be making some tanks for a mutual friend of ours, maybe we can work out a deal too.

MudPumper
01-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm tryin to talk my girl into trading a hummer for it, if you are interested!!:o

Taylorman
01-22-2004, 06:46 PM
cyclone, why you looking for a dual carb scoop. i thought you were running a single carb. you switching to duals?

slotracer
01-22-2004, 07:26 PM
what kind of fenders are you looking for? i got a set of fat boy fenders from a 2000 fatboy or a set of fenders from a softtail
standard.
pat(slotracer):D

shaun
01-22-2004, 07:30 PM
I want to learn more about this water injection thing. Can sombody explain it's advantages and more pics would be great :)

squirt
01-22-2004, 08:43 PM
look here and you will find your answer.
http://www.banderlog.com/products/waterInjectionValve/waterInjection.html
http://www.banderlog.com/products/waterInjectionValve/images/modualNWires.jpg
:cool:

victorfb
01-22-2004, 08:44 PM
the water being injected into the headers will help cool the headers and keep them from blueing, and at the same time quiet the noise level a little bit. and your passengers wont have to stick as much cotton in their ears and wont get cooked by the heat. but with the big overlap alot of these boats are running on the cam shaft, the water can get into the exhaust valve at low RPMs. thats why some people run a system that shuts off the water at low RPMs and at idle. some people have actually just mounted a valve under the drivers seat so when you want to you can either shut it off, or adjust it accordingly. but even with the water going through the headers, they WILL still be very hot. so dont think its a safty issue.
sorry i dont have any pics for you. maybe someone else on here can show ya.

squirt
01-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Here is one more. It looks alot better now that it is mounted in the boat and the wires are routed and covered. I use the cut off on mine and when the pipes dry out you can hear the difference. It also has different settings for a bigger cam.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/284IMG01.png

Cas
01-22-2004, 10:17 PM
how about a bj from the guy in JBR's avatar? :D

Cas
01-22-2004, 10:27 PM
seriously now, how about a polished Weiand rec port tunnel ram, single top?

victorfb
01-22-2004, 10:32 PM
hey squirt. is the valve wired to the MSD box? if so, then i can run the mechanical tach drive distributer with a MSD unit and still run the valve system.

Heatseeker
01-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by squirt
Here is one more. It looks alot better now that it is mounted in the boat and the wires are routed and covered. I use the cut off on mine and when the pipes dry out you can hear the difference. It also has different settings for a bigger cam.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/284IMG01.png
Hey squirt, why don't you fab me up one them nifty boxes in yellow? C'mon, howboutit? :D

victorfb
01-22-2004, 10:48 PM
yea, that cover/box looks sweet. plus it looks like you can get away without using the marine MSD bax. way cool man...

Moose
01-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Heatseaker, NICE Avatar!:D
Moose

jerhodes
01-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Will trade you a factory Dominator droop for the banderloder.

ChetCapoli
01-23-2004, 07:36 AM
how many people out there have used this thing and noticed a difference over a stock setup??? Seems pretty pricey to do what it does and was wondering...
CHET

Taylorman
01-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Im looking to buy one cause I can't stand that dam t valve. I always get trash in it and it sticks open. Anyone know how the banderlog valve does with small pieces of trash?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Im looking to buy one cause I can't stand that dam t valve. I always get trash in it and it sticks open. Anyone know how the banderlog valve does with small pieces of trash?
taylorman,
try putting a screen in the discharge line going to the tee valve. what kind of trash are you getting in it? you do cut the boat off before beaching right??
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
how many people out there have used this thing and noticed a difference over a stock setup??? Seems pretty pricey to do what it does and was wondering...
CHET
I have wondered the same thing. the check valve seems to work flawlessly for me. water comes in at 2000 rpm. I put a ball valve on discharge of intake manifold for fine tuning...;) :D
Omega

superdave013
01-23-2004, 08:48 AM
I will trade you the old water inlets with ratty old fittings that MikeF left over here. ;)
I also have some junky trailer fenders that I'll kick in to sweeten up the pot a bit :D

cyclone
01-23-2004, 08:53 AM
is there a mechanical tach drive distributor that also has an electronic trigger that allows you to use those banderlog valves?
id like to use my mechanical tach.
mike, your bummin me out about the scoop man. :p actually im sure ill be able to sell it or trade for a single carb scoop. what sort of fiberglass buckets are you looking for? for the boat? and it just might be possible that i will be making some tanks for a mutual friend of ours, maybe we can work out a deal too.
i'm unsure about using a mechanical tach drive distributor. you may be able to get a signal generator to hook up to is but it sounds like a big pain. My setup is just wired into the tach signal wire from the MSD.
As for the buckets, i'm looking for a pair of wide fiberglass bucket seats for the boat and a fiberglass bench seat.
As for the gas tanks, i'm got a pair of 12-gallon tanks now and i need longer tanks so i can run longer. my current tanks are 9-inches round and i think 50-60 -inches long. i need the same diameter or smaller and longer to fit in the gunnels of my boat.

cyclone
01-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
I'm tryin to talk my girl into trading a hummer for it, if you are interested!!:o
i think my chick might have a problem with that trade! :D

cyclone
01-23-2004, 08:54 AM
cyclone, why you looking for a dual carb scoop. i thought you were running a single carb. you switching to duals?
i built a blower motor for the boat so i need a new scoop. the old scoop would look stupid on top of the blower since its so tall.

cyclone
01-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by SLOTRACER
what kind of fenders are you looking for? i got a set of fat boy fenders from a 2000 fatboy or a set of fenders from a softtail
standard.
got pics of the fenders?

cyclone
01-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Cas
how about a bj from the guy in JBR's avatar? :D
again, my chick would seriously have a problem with me trading a bj for the valve. now that i think about who's offering, i'd have a MAJOR PROBLEM WITH IT TOO!!!:D

cyclone
01-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by jerhodes
Will trade you a factory Dominator droop for the banderloder.
thanks but i got one of those already.

cyclone
01-23-2004, 09:04 AM
i had the same problem that's why i removed the bassett t valve. i was constantly having weeds and debris from the river get sucked into it and then it would stick open and i'd have water getting sucked into the motor through the headers at idle. AFter having to repeated change the oil i gave up and switched systems.

cyclone
01-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
I will trade you the old water inlets with ratty old fittings that MikeF left over here. ;)
I also have some junky trailer fenders that I'll kick in to sweeten up the pot a bit :D
now that is a sweet deal but i'm trying to cut back on my junky trailer fender intake. it's tough diet that i'll have to stick to.

cyclone
01-23-2004, 12:04 PM
ok guys i believe i have a winner for the valve. Vicfb is going to be extending my boat's fuel tanks so they'll hold more fuel and i'm giving him the valve. Thanks to everyone that responded. :D

victorfb
01-23-2004, 12:08 PM
oh man, and i really needed that thing. oh wait, thats me. yipppeeee...:D

squirt
01-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
CHET
Chet, I've run one for 1 full season and I'm pleased as punch with it and here is why. I was forever playing with my header water, either too much or too little and ended up blueing the shit outta my headers. That and the number of burns on my arms adjusting the pressure sold me on getting the valve. I guess I'm a little picky but I wanted my water to come in at a predictable rpm with the ammount of water staying consistant and that was not happening. It may sound strange but it was cutting into my fun. I like the idea of the WOT cut off, dries the pipes for 13 sec then pulses the water in, this has not blued my pipes. To me it is just a cleaner way to go and has been trouble free, as for the cost.......just blue one new set of headers and the cost will seem cheap. Thats my take on it

hack job
01-24-2004, 09:05 AM
sounds like its going to a good home!!! and i know vic will use it :p no more prizes for cyclone( not that he can win this year any way. :p mike we should be stoping by the booze bowl tonight;)

victorfb
01-24-2004, 07:54 PM
yep, the bander"D"og loves his new home. im building him an 18' house and he's excited. thanks Mike. ill treat him like my own.:D
as for cyclone not winning any more prizes, i dont know about that. have you seen that mill he is putting together? looks pretty darn sweet to me.:D

Danhercules
01-24-2004, 11:27 PM
as for cyclone not winning any more prizes, i dont know about that. have you seen that mill he is putting together? looks pretty darn sweet to me.:D
I think he has got sickest motor in my book.

slotracer
01-25-2004, 09:56 AM
hey cyclone do you still want some pictures of the fenders?