PDA

View Full Version : Whats Crazy horse campground like?

FLOJO
01-22-2004, 10:10 PM
were going up there the weekend of march 18,19,20. whats it like never camped there before. the lady said were in the over flo

CAPTROBBY
01-22-2004, 10:14 PM
IT CAN BE A BIT ROWDY, TRY TO GET RESERVATIONS AT ONE OF THE VIP CAMP SITES THAT SURROUND THE MARINA. ITS USUALLY A LITTLE NICER OVER THERE.

FLOJO
01-22-2004, 10:25 PM
the lady said we had to stay in the over flo. can you leave your stuff out at night? can you leave your boat beached there or do you have to bring it in at night.

dc96819
01-23-2004, 03:08 AM
The overflow is the big dirt lot on the left hand side before the store.Its a zoo on the holidays:D

Tab
01-23-2004, 09:16 AM
If you're looking for CRAZY then you're going to the right place. Or is it,....you gotta be CRAZY to stay there? My experience is it is rowdy and filthy.......

Mrs Luvnlife
01-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Used to go there in my wild & crazy days with my girlfriends, it was definitely crazy, but fun too. Never stayed in overflow. Haven't been there in a few years. Have fun. :D

NOTALENT
01-23-2004, 09:51 AM
just ask urself one thing....How much do u really want to party..not to good for familys with kids..

FLOJO
01-23-2004, 10:44 AM
leaving the wife and kids at home, just the boys for a weeken get away.

gigamurph
01-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Ya'll musta been at a different "Crazy Horse" campground that I was at in 2001! It's been a few years but that last experience will keep me away for a looooong time! Used to go exclusively to Crazy Horse in the '70s and '80s. They have let that place go to hell! Used to be a nice, clean place to stay and was always over-the-top at night. I've had more fun at the "anesthetic-free" dentist than I had there in 2001! BOOOOORING! If you guys think that's partyin', you wouldn't have lasted 30 minutes waaaaay baaaaack when! Geezus! Do I sound OLD or what? :(
Mind you; the last time I was there, it was a nice QUIET, convenient place to camp. Good ramp (I didn't use it, but it looked as good as it used to,and I used the crap out of it before), clean restrooms and showers, but the store lacked a little from what I remember. As for the overflow; do your best to pick up on a cancellation. That place is a pain in the butt. It's OK, at least your at Havazoo! Just not as hospitable as the other sites.....and I WOULD NOT leave a boat in the water anymore! Used to be common practice, again, waaaaay baaaaack when; but I wouldn't do it now. Too many potential problems. i.e. weather, morons, drunk morons, etc. Guy told me that he got up one mornin' to four or five guys asleep inside of his daycruiser. Not cool!
Other than all that, try to have a good time! It can be cool and not a total bummer if the planets align for ya! :)