PDA

View Full Version : DMV

eliminatedsprinter
01-23-2004, 04:24 PM
I sent my money for my reg in mid Nov. They cashed my check on Dec 2. Still no stickers.:( I called them on mon. They said they sent them out in mid Dec. They are sending me forms, so I can request replacements.:mad: Anyone else have this type of thing happen with their boat tags?

OutCole'd
01-23-2004, 04:27 PM
That kinda thin wouldnt happen to you if you owned a Cole.:D

dimarcobros
01-23-2004, 04:41 PM
I am not positive but can't you get them through AAA? I know when we go pay it at AAA we get the stickers on the spot.
DMB

Mrs Luvnlife
01-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
I sent my money for my reg in mid Nov. They cashed my check on Dec 2. Still no stickers.:( I called them on mon. They said they sent them out in mid Dec. They are sending me forms, so I can request replacements.:mad: Anyone else have this type of thing happen with their boat tags?
Steve, I checked when we got home from B.V. and I sent my check to the DMV on Dec. 17th they cashed it on Jan 2nd, still haven't gotten our stickers either. :mad: Granted your situation is a whole month before mine, but the same deal. Where is DMVQueen when we need her? :D

eliminatedsprinter
01-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Demarcobros
That is what I should have done and next week I will take an hour and do just that, to get my replacement tags. Since mine was only $10 and the renewal came so early, I just sent them in. Mistake. Just think, some people, in one of our major political parties, want to give the DMV more things to bug us over and even want to put the same type of folks in charge of our health care.:rolleyes: Go figure.

eliminatedsprinter
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
Steve, I checked when we got home from B.V. and I sent my check to the DMV on Dec. 17th they cashed it on Jan 2nd, still haven't gotten our stickers either. :mad: Granted your situation is a whole month before mine, but the same deal. Where is DMVQueen when we need her? :D
Better give them a call.:frown:

Mrs Luvnlife
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Alright, just so I know for future, because that's what Cale said, can't you go to AAA to do it, I wasn't sure if they dealt with the 'boat issues'. If they do, then that's what we'll do next time too.

JetBoatRich
01-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I renewed through the internet, ever heard of it:confused: and received my sticker in a couple weeks.:yuk:

eliminatedsprinter
01-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Mrs L.L.
They do and I should have. I did my title change through them.

Mrs Luvnlife
01-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I renewed through the internet, ever heard of it:confused: and received my sticker in a couple weeks.:yuk:
ALRIGHT SMARTASS!! That's enough out of you!:D Oh and wait, they want to take more of MY MONEY just to do it over the internet!!!:rolleyes: FIGURES!!!

eliminatedsprinter
01-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
ALRIGHT SMARTASS!! That's enough out of you!:D Oh and wait, they want to take more of MY MONEY just to do it over the internet!!!:rolleyes: FIGURES!!!
Absolutly, I'm going home. Everyone have a good weekend. I'll see many of you at the boat show tomorrow.:cool:

DMVQUEEN
01-23-2004, 05:13 PM
The DMV claims that they need 30 days to mail out your renewal stickers. They will not even give you any, even if you pay for them, if 30 days has not elapsed since they mailed them.
As for AAA, I really don't know if they issue boat stickers, you would have to call and ask them.
By the way, are they for your car/truck or boat??
Sara

Mrs Luvnlife
01-23-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DMVQUEEN
The DMV claims that they need 30 days to mail out your renewal stickers. They will not even give you any, even if you pay for them, if 30 days has not elapsed since they mailed them.
As for AAA, I really don't know if they issue boat stickers, you would have to call and ask them.
By the way, are they for your car/truck or boat??
Sara
This is for the boats. Remember what happened with the occifer when we were there.....noone had 04 stickers, but we had all paid for them. Well, we know now to just walk in to AAA to get it handled so we can be rest assured for next time so we don't have to have a bust by the occifers!:D Or even a visit by them! :rolleyes:

CARRERA
01-23-2004, 05:30 PM
The same story here, sent the money mid December and still have not gotten the tags.

Moneypitt
01-23-2004, 08:36 PM
My renewal notice said by mail or internet ONLY!! However, I walked in to the Thousand Oaks DMV, waited a short time, and walked out with my 05 stickers. I showed the "mail or internet" notice to the clerk, and she knew nothing about any such restrictions. Imagine that........ Moneypitt

HCS
01-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Mail mine in November. Just got my tags Thursday.:rolleyes:

CA Stu
01-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Mail mine in November. Just got my tags Thursday.:rolleyes:
Ditto.
I had forgot all about it!
I'll bet the local fun nazi's woudn't forget, however :mad: :yuk: ;) :cool:
Holy shit I LOVE getting up for work at 4.30 am after getting home at 10pm.
CA Stu

slotracer
01-25-2004, 10:06 AM
just for some fyi to go to AAA you must be a member.
pat(slotracer):D

01-25-2004, 11:46 AM
DMV QUEEN
The 800 phone number to call, i am curious does the
DMV take that off the hook and 8am and put it back
on at 5pm, i have it on speed dial now and friday
26 times and still busy
less coffee breaks and more work might help

DMVQUEEN
01-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Funny, I get right through, but maybe it's my connections!!!!
J/K, really, I have to call the same number, usually, you have to sit on the redial until that puppy goes through, sometimes a few dials, sometimes, about 6, but you just have to set aside 20 minutes or so and just keep hitting redial.
Sorry, that is the best I can do, and no, I did not give them any coffee for christmas, just chocolate, you know how they just love chocolate.
If interested, PM me your problem, maybe I can help, NO CHARGE for the first question only. :D :D
Sara

eliminatedsprinter
01-26-2004, 10:19 AM
I got the form to request my new tags on fri. They sent it out real quick. I'll fill it out and take it in to AAA. That way it will be ready if I need it. The Lady I talked to from the DMV assured me AAA had the tags and could help me faster.:rolleyes:

al cole'holic
01-26-2004, 02:22 PM
I got mine from a dude on Balboa at the Chevron...only 20 bucks and had em in less than 2 minutes, I don't know what happened to cause yours to take so long....:(

eliminatedsprinter
01-26-2004, 04:40 PM
:D :D :D

mirvin
01-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Come to think of it I haven't gotten mine either. I got the ones for my car last week and I sent that as the same time as the boat:confused:
Uh oh.
Mirvin

Oldsquirt
01-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Just read in this mornings paper that DMV is way behind as a result of the rescinding of the Davis registration hike and all the paperwork that comes with it.
I will note that I sent my boat registration the same day as one of my vehicles, and I received those tags on Friday of last week.

SHOTKALLIN
01-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Ca is a great state:D I love it. I just want a vacation home in Az at the river. Then I could tell the dmv to stick it.

eliminatedsprinter
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
Just read in this mornings paper that DMV is way behind as a result of the rescinding of the Davis registration hike and all the paperwork that comes with it.
I will note that I sent my boat registration the same day as one of my vehicles, and I received those tags on Friday of last week.
They claim they sent mine to me over a month ago and they are treating me kind of as if I was trying to get an extra set. :rolleyes: :( :mad: Tomorrow I'm going to AAA. I hope there are no problems there.:( I'll tell you what, I believe that the DMV is one agency that does very little good for and much harm to the people of our state,:yuk: Mostly they just pester us for our time and money. There is no valid reason, other than for taking our money, to have us re-register our vehicles any more often than at change of ownership.:mad:
I think it is time for a ballot iniative.:idea:

eliminatedsprinter
01-28-2004, 12:59 PM
I went to AAA today. When I got up there I found out that the DMV has orderd them to wait for 60 days (from when they were supposedly sent out) before they issue any replacement tags. Fortunatly the lady at AAA couldn't see any reason for that (other than to further hassle me) and she issued the new reg and tags to me anyways based on the fact that the paperwork I had only stipulated that they wait 30 days, the fact that I had already been waiting far too long (in her opinion) and the fact that I told them the reason I went to them was that the lady at the DMV told me to go to AAA if I wanted them right away.
So I got my tags, no thanks to the DMV, who seemed only to want to mess up and make things difficult every step of the way.:mad:
Can you say voter intiative.:idea: To get rid of this yearly hassel and only require us to re-register our vehicles upon change of ownership. :cool: :cool: That is all that is required in any practical sense. Requiring it every year (or every other year with boats) is nothing more than a way for them to pump us for more time and money.:yuk: :mad: Of course, it is obvious they care nothing about our time they just want our money. :mad:

JetBoatRich
01-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Way to stand up for yourself Steve:eek: proud of you:wink: Now if only your boat was done:mad:

eliminatedsprinter
01-28-2004, 02:16 PM
It will be done soon enough.:cool:
But then there comes the rest of the tab on the repairs.:cry:

Oldsquirt
02-07-2004, 03:15 PM
UPDATE: Just got my tags today. Really not to bad considering I sent the renewal in between Christmas and New Years and the check cleared on Jan 12. Postmark of the envelope containing tags was Jan 30, but was restamped Feb 6. :confused:
Of course they could have held them til May at the rate I'm going on off-season updates. :)