PDA

View Full Version : Heat Exchanger 101?

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
01-25-2004, 08:45 AM
MY BERK JG/, A IMPELLER, IS GOING TO GET A DIFFERENT ENGINE. I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO RUN ALUNIMUM HEADS ON THE GEN 6 502 ROLLER/4 BOLT BUT NEED TO CHANGE TO CLOSED COOLING(I MOOR IN SALT WATER 5 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR). I'M TOLD THAT THE STOCK 502 HAS A 6 PASS HEAT EXCHANGER. ANY ONE KNOW OF ONE FOR SALE? MY WHOLESALER WANTS $700 FOR A NEW ONE! ANY IDEAS? THANKS, BILL.

phegan
01-25-2004, 09:09 PM
I was thinking about fooling around with one too. I need it for cabin heat
I see some for diesel engines from time to time( they seem pretty big )( I think the deisels need a lot of cooling cap)
I'll keep my eyes open:eek:

likwidsukr
01-25-2004, 09:52 PM
:confused: Also interested:confused:

CrdStang
01-26-2004, 11:32 AM
I need a heat exchanger too..badly! I'm in Hawaii..there are no lakes here. Yes, I could keep the temp down and run salt water cooling, but I'm a big believer in running engines warm (cylinder wall wear doubles when you drop from 180 to 160 degrees). You can't run salt water that hot, the salt crystalizes and cakes up the coolant passages.
I want to get my boat done in time for summer vacation...

Squirtcha?
01-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Man that's weird. Just yesterday I was wondering if there were any jetboats in Hawaii. My folks are over there right now vacationing and the thought just popped into my head. Imagine that.
Guess I got my answer eh?