PDA

View Full Version : I`m new

AdrenelineOD
01-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi I`m new to everything but a life long boat lover. I drew picturs of dragboats in 2nd grade. (Eddy Hills fault) My boat just got its new engine last july from GS Marine.(79 Bahner eng. 427 9 1/2 to 1 comp. msd ign.,bassetts, highrise duel plenum, Gary Williums blueprinted Holly, blueprinted dominator jet, inside hand hole. I also got a new computor for Cristmas, lucky me! I don`t know how to use it yet but im glad to figure out how to finally get on here. I`m hoping to make new friends here seeing how anyone I know in(CA) and NY thinks im crazy to have such an impractical dangerous boat. I don`t think of I as impractical at all. It`s a great ski boat, what I`ve allways wanted. I do have a question for all of you. I havent run my boat sice summer I have drained the gas from the tank but not the carb . Will this cause me problems in may or june. How do you winterize for CA weather
and what should I make sure of before going to the lake again. I`m willing to do precautions that most people dont pay attention to. I`m new and i will learn. Thanks, Mad Brad!

1Bahnerjet
01-25-2004, 02:22 PM
I see your in SoCal, in NorCal I leave the Gas in but Drain the Water from the Block.
Welcome & be Carefull. ;)

Danhercules
01-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Welcome to our cult!! I mean group!!!! I live in CA too. I just put a stableizer in the fuel, disconnect the batt, and call it quits.
Hope to meet up with you some time.!!!

Mohavekid
01-25-2004, 03:15 PM
Welcome.
I live on Nor Cal where it can get cold, so I drain the water out of the engine and pump so it does not freeze.
I put fuel stabilizer in an fill the tanks and disconnect the battery before sealing her up for her long winters nap.
Come spring time, just hook up the battery and go.
Have fun.:D

AdrenelineOD
01-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys! I herd if your running a little high on compression and I`m running 9 1/2 to 1. fuel with stablizer is good but the fuel still loses octain, very bad for anything over 8 1/2 I think I`m no pro. also how do I get a pic of my boat as an avatar and you guys have pictures with your litters, I thought I did the same but it came out as an attachcment. like I said, I`m new to computors too. I hpe to see you out there this season. I will be spending most of this season out on weekdays untill I get better at slow speed monuvers and just more expiriance. Being an amiture is ok if the amiture knows his / her place.

sidewound
01-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
also how do I get a pic of my boat as an avatar and you guys have pictures with your litters, I thought I did the same but it came out as an attachcment. like I said, I`m new to computors too. I hpe to see you out there this season. I will be spending most of this season out on weekdays untill I get better at slow speed monuvers and just more expiriance. Being an amiture is ok if the amiture knows his / her place.
Welcome to the board. I'll try to help with your avatar. Just let me know. Oh yeah, Watch out for the sharks! :D :D :D
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR :eek!:

Danhercules
01-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey OD,
Dont change that avitar. I like it. I would love a sticker like that for my truck. That would be funny.

fourspeednup
01-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I will be spending most of this season out on weekdays untill I get better at slow speed monuvers and just more expiriance. Being an amiture is ok if the amiture knows his / her place.
hehe...The first time I ever drove a jet, much less docked a boat was over Memorial Day at Havasu. Made for some good entertainment for others I'm sure:D

Jet Hydro
01-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Hey OD,
Dont change that avitar. I like it. I would love a sticker like that for my truck. That would be funny.
We have those Stickers. They are $15.00 + shipping :D

AdrenelineOD
01-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
hehe...The first time I ever drove a jet, much less docked a boat was over Memorial Day at Havasu. Made for some good entertainment for others I'm sure:D Love to watch it don`t wana live it:eek: :eek: