PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the "California Quake" & Shannon Stewart??

Tolly
01-25-2004, 06:54 PM
I was just wondering if any of you guys know whatever happened to the California Quake boat and Shannon Stewart? I used to love to watch that boat run against the Spirit of Texas boat in Waco, Tx on the Brazos river. The first year I saw the Quake it was an orange Kurtis that hauled serious ass, and the next time I saw it, it was a really long lookinf silver hydro of some sort that they were trying to work the bugs out of. I was not able to attend the races over the last three years, and I noticed you don't see anything about the California Quake boat anymore so I just thought I would ask if any of you knew what the deal is?
Thanks!

RaysonKid
01-25-2004, 07:09 PM
He got busted last year or the year before for drugs.
Still serving time I would imagine.
I will see if I can find the story for you.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Tolly
I was just wondering if any of you guys know whatever happened to the California Quake boat and Shannon Stewart? I used to love to watch that boat run against the Spirit of Texas boat in Waco, Tx on the Brazos river. The first year I saw the Quake it was an orange Kurtis that hauled serious ass, and the next time I saw it, it was a really long lookinf silver hydro of some sort that they were trying to work the bugs out of. I was not able to attend the races over the last three years, and I noticed you don't see anything about the California Quake boat anymore so I just thought I would ask if any of you knew what the deal is?
Thanks!
I think the Vendetta Unblown Nitro boat is the same boat!!???
Isn't it???

Mrs. J
01-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Vendetta is not one of the California Quake boats. Jim Pisciotta owns Vendetta.

BGMAN203
01-25-2004, 08:47 PM
John Irvine has most of Shannon Stewarts boat equip and some of it is for sale, including both boats (orange, and green) I have also heard that Tommy Thompson has his transporter. I don't think Shannon is actually doing time, but he is definately paying for his mistake. Thats about all I know.

Tolly
01-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Did he quit racing before his bust or did he quit because of it??? What exactly did they bust him for?

FLYTE RISK
01-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tolly
Did he quit racing before his bust or did he quit because of it??? What exactly did they bust him for? Crank!!

RaysonKid
01-26-2004, 06:14 PM
He quit because of it.
He was fun to watch,(In a Hydro).