PDA

View Full Version : Mandella Project

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:25 PM
I pushed the snow away and I got into my storage barn today to take a few pics of my Mandella v-drive. Please excuse the quality I used my cell phone to take the pictures! She is a 1971 and according to the title 18ft. the hull identification according to the title is 70417781. The model says SK? Any way If anybody has any info on this type of boat please fill me in. Like I said before I am new to this. Does anyone know where i can get a new rubber impellor for the water pump? it is a hallcraft? at least thats what it says on it. and does any one know about hot coating headers? I have two sets of bassetts however they both have lots of surface rust on them. I talked to a guy about rechroming them and he said that most places wont because of the carbon deposits on them however he mentioned that I might consider hot coat? what do you think?http://

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:26 PM
okay maybee i can really attach the pix this time

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:27 PM
again

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Sorry but how can I post more than one pix at a time ?

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:30 PM
yet another

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
v drive

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
another

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:32 PM
prop

Chief
01-25-2004, 09:33 PM
hand controls. What is the one on the left side of the rail would be near my right leg

RaysonKid
01-25-2004, 09:54 PM
COOL PROJECT.
WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING FOR POWER?

TRG
01-25-2004, 09:57 PM
is that similar to holy moly's boat?
very nice looking proj.!
todd

gochappy
01-25-2004, 10:25 PM
nice boat

Chief
01-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks!
Im building a 454. Not sure of the particulars yet however I know its not going to be the fastest thing around and I want to ski behind her so I will probably go mild. However I know the way I think as I have built a few ford pavemant pounders in my time and started the same way, next thing you know I was trying to get the front wheels off the ground! Any way if anyone has suggestions on the rubber impellor or the hot coating headers I sure would appreciate it. also any tips for building a strong non- race 454 for skiing going fast and looking good would be of great help.
Scott

DaveA
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Ping Rexone for impeller kit. www.rexmarine.com
I heard they have a catalog, but that's been a rumor for years...
:D :D
JetHot is the ticket for those old headers. Use this link:
Jet Hot Coatings (http://www.jet-hot.com)
Looks like Raysoncraft wasn't the only guys to use glassed-in fuel tanks. Check them and the core plywood around and under them CLOSELY. Fuel has a tendency to exploit every crack and crevice, and seep thru polyester into whatever's under it. I've talked to a couple of guys that drain their tanks after every trip to the lake so that this doesn't happen. My RH tank had done this, and when I cut the glass off the top of the plywood core in the bottom, it reeked of gasoline/varnish. This is just for your info, for what it's worth. FYI FWIW....:

Chief
01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
JetHot is the ticket for those old headers. Use this link:
Jet Hot Coatings (http://www.jet-hot.com)
Looks like Raysoncraft wasn't the only guys to use glassed-in fuel tanks. Check them and the core plywood around and under them CLOSELY. Fuel has a tendency to exploit every crack and crevice, and seep thru polyester into whatever's under it. I've talked to a couple of guys that drain their tanks after every trip to the lake so that this doesn't happen. My RH tank had done this, and when I cut the glass off the top of the plywood core in the bottom, it reeked of gasoline/varnish. This is just for your info, for what it's worth. FYI FWIW....: [/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks I will definately check out the site and the tanks. I definately need this kind of input.
Thanks again
Scott

ROZ
01-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Yo Chief, nice avitar... In checkin' out your thread, I started to read something that I thought I wrote and started to get a little confused :D
Just don't go startin' any trouble around these parts. I don't want anyone thinking it's me :p

Chief
01-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi Roz Ill change mine as soon as I figure it all out again! Dont worry I dont get involved with any the trouble Ive too many other things to trouble me when Im off the internet. This is supposed to be fun! Id like to put my boat up there like some of the others I have seen but dont know how? any ideas?
Scott

roostwear
01-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Chief, check your PMs

ROZ
01-28-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Chief
Ive too many other things to trouble me when Im off the internet. This is supposed to be fun! Scott
I hear ya man! lol...
Great looking project you have there! Good luck:)
BTW, I was just f'n around about the avitar...lol I was just confused :D