PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on eliminator deckboat?

tg9380
01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Do any of you guys have the Eliminator 27'deckboat? We looked at all the deckboats at the boat show and liked this one the best, followed closely by the Conquest, and Commander. It seems like Eliminator is offering the better deal right now. please share your opinions, also if anyone has one with a 496HO what is your top end?

bigq
01-25-2004, 11:58 PM
it's nice, but I like the Conquest with the new top side on it.
Hard to believe Eliminator was cheaper. Don't hear that to much. i would say the 496 HO would be low-mid 60, but maybe someone has that setup on the board.

kanedog
01-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Eliminator has little or no customer service in my experience.
Its not the the answer to your question but it may provide you with a little insight into the company.
Not sure about conquest.

OutCole'd
01-26-2004, 05:59 AM
Between the two, I would take the Conquest hands down. Based on customer service & quality.

bear down
01-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by kanedog
Eliminator has little or no customer service in my experience.
Its not the the answer to your question but it may provide you with a little insight into the company.
Not sure about conquest.
I would have to disagree. They had a bad reputation before but with our boat and that of our 3 friends who have purchased a boat in the past year, their service has been stellar at both the Lake Havasu and Mira Loma location. I also have been surprised at pricing at Eliminator as well. They have become very competitive in pricing over the last two years. I would assume you spoke to George and he is a Great guy and a guy worth trusting. Just let him know Memo said hi!.

mbrown2
01-26-2004, 09:07 AM
We purchased our Eliminator used through another dealer manufacture...and when I first approached Eliminator about 6 months later on some service items it must have been a bad day on their part...Customer Service was not there (1 instance only)...a year later I brought them a cushion to match...I lost one....They gave me a price, had two done within a week, and when I showed up ready to pay, they just said take them and don't worrry about it..."good luck with her" was their words....That is pretty kick ass service...six months after that, I needed some powedcoated hardware for screws / bezels and such...stopped by, they handed be them and asked for nothing.....
I have had a couple negative things to say about Eliminator, but I continued to try and they changed my mind....They have offered me great service to date, and although Conquest might be a better boat, which could be debated....Eliminator re-sale is hard to beat...

mbrown2
01-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Double post

Froggystyle
01-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I would say that of the two, very similar boats... I would choose the Conquest. Not because of build quality, or hull design difference (though I do like the new Conquest top) but because of Keith at Conquest.
A great salesman can absolutely make the difference. I think Keith is committed to the success of the customer, not just the sale, and definitely has it figured out.
But... I hear there is a new deckboat coming out you should consider as well ;)

HighRoller
01-26-2004, 10:12 AM
MB2, you still have the Eliminator too?

THOR
01-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
The Eliminator 27 Fun Deck is Conquests old molds.. (or atleast I've been told) my neighbor right across the canal purchased one, and has zero complaints about it. Personally I'd pay the little extra and buy the conquest, but I'm a little different then everyone else on here..
I like the old style seating on the conquest (still available) better then the new style with seperate buckets etc..
Both are great boats though and you won't regret it either way you go. Keith Sayre is a great guy though, and I can assure you your experience with him won't dissapoint you. He works up at Conquest, and is at the BoatShow this week.
RD
RD is 100% correct. The Eliminator is a Conquest. They bought the mold a few years ago. But, Eliminator is not in the deck boat business like Conquest. My personal choice would have to be the Top Cat II or the Magic. That is only if I had the $$$.
THOR <--- poor white trash

bear down
01-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by mbrown2
We purchased our Eliminator used through another dealer manufacture...and when I first approached Eliminator about 6 months later on some service items it must have been a bad day on their part...Customer Service was not there (1 instance only)...a year later I brought them a cushion to match...I lost one....They gave me a price, had two done within a week, and when I showed up ready to pay, they just said take them and don't worrry about it..."good luck with her" was their words....That is pretty kick ass service...six months after that, I needed some powedcoated hardware for screws / bezels and such...stopped by, they handed be them and asked for nothing.....
I have had a couple negative things to say about Eliminator, but I continued to try and they changed my mind....They have offered me great service to date, and although Conquest might be a better boat, which could be debated....Eliminator re-sale is hard to beat...
We store our boat in Havasu and my wife wanted to get a grab handle so she can hold on too while the boat hauling ass and she called Mack at the Havasu facility and asked them to install the handle. They picked up the boat, put the handle in, detailed it and put it back in the storage and just told her not to "worry" about it and enjoy the handle. Needless to say that both facilities are kick butt!.

HighRoller
01-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Thor, you make a good point. I'd rather buy a deckboat from a company that specializes in them. And on the other side of the coin I'd buy a cat from Eliminator before the Boss Cat because that is Eliminator's deal. If you look around and talk to people who are serious boaters with a lot of passengers you'll see a lot of Conquests.

mbrown2
01-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
MB2, you still have the Eliminator too?
Yes, own it with a partner...don't really use it much...

HighRoller
01-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Sweet. Was just curious because I saw it in one of your "what girls do when they drink" and saw it in a few other pics you posted so I wasn't sure.

mbrown2
01-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Since you were asking about the Eliminator Deck Boat, I gave my opinion on Eliminator as a company only...if I were buying a deck, I would by the Magic...
However, after walking through the 34 Advantage, that would also be in the running....that 34 was sick.

bear down
01-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Thor, you make a good point. I'd rather buy a deckboat from a company that specializes in them. And on the other side of the coin I'd buy a cat from Eliminator before the Boss Cat because that is Eliminator's deal. If you look around and talk to people who are serious boaters with a lot of passengers you'll see a lot of Conquests.
Just to make it clear I LOVE ELIMINATOR, but I just like the way the conquests looks. I would go with the conquest, they just look better on the Deckboat version only j/k ! :D . Plus they are in Havasu, I just like having my boat builder right next door to where I boat often.

welk2party
01-26-2004, 11:55 AM
I own a 27 Fundeck with the 496HO. Top speed is about 63mph. We love it so far. Customer service has been great. I think all the builders do a good job. Personally, I like the Eliminator over the others, but would not hesitate to purchase any other builder.

HighRoller
01-26-2004, 12:04 PM
That 34 Advantage looks huge, you must be able to fit 20 or 30 of your closest friends on that rig eh?