PDA

View Full Version : Lift Actuator wiring

Wetter the Better
01-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Can any of you wiring guys help me out? I bought a hatch lift off ebay for my boat and i cant figure out how to wire it. it has only 2 wires,hook up on my jump box one way it goes up,switch the wires it goes down and the base is made of plastic fiber so no simple ground please help
Thanks Stan

OutCole'd
01-26-2004, 10:44 AM
I have the diagram at home. I will try to find it, scan it & post it or e mail to you.

TrojanDan
01-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Go to Eddie Marine's website. Look up their powered hatch lifters and their is a wiring diagram there. It should be similiar wiring. Then do yours. Once your's is done and works, come and wire two for me. :D
You might also want to look into a booster for your lifters so you don't loose alot a power in your wiring run.
Good-luck. :cool:

Wetter the Better
01-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey trojandan
I checked it out and it was the same as mine thanks for the info it is greatly apprecited and i just may do the booster,but dont relays do the same?Plus i found some other goodies i can use for my install,once again thanks alot
Thanks Stan:D

TrojanDan
01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
No problem Stan, glad I could help. Please send me a check or money order for $14.95. :D

Wetter the Better
01-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Do you take credit cards:D :D :D and already bout the plane tickets to do you install
later stan

ROZ
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
No problem Stan, glad I could help. Please send me a check or money order for $14.95. :D
I thought it was a 75.00 dollar minimum.... ;)

Interceptor454
01-26-2004, 05:03 PM
You need two double pole, double throw relays, along with a two way toggle switch.
The relays reverse polarity either +,-, or -,+, depending on which way the switch is actuated.
If you can't find a wiring diagram, any of the stereo shops that install aftermarket locking mechanisms for cars should be able to show you. Been a while since I've done it our I'd post a diagram. Had them installed on an old Nissan P/U that didn't have power locks, they locked and unlocked with the alarm.
Clear as mud, but hope that helps.