PDA

View Full Version : Ride Plate Removel

purplerain
01-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Anyone got a few tips on how to get my ride plate out of the hull?
I have removed all the hardware, but this white putty they have used to make it water tight is killing me. Does heat make it more ply-able? I am just havin a tough time with it, and I don't want to damage the hull.

BrendellaJet
01-26-2004, 03:29 PM
sounds like they epoxied it to the hull? What kind of boat? Got pics? I know that some Hondos and Brendellas (maybe others too) have a notchin the bottom for the ride plate to slip into, as opposed to machining the intake for one. I think heat will work, just font use too much. That white shit is a real bitch!

purplerain
01-26-2004, 03:36 PM
It's a Cee Bee Mfg. hull I am new to all this, and I will try to find out what style it is. In the mean time I will take a few shots of the plate and post them. Thanks for the input!

purplerain
01-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Here are a few pics!

Marlin455
01-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but the pic you linked was of the intake for the pump, not a ride plate- If so, you can chip away at the white stuff, make sure ALL of the bolts are removed, then put a floor jack under the intake, and pop it out of the hull. Just my $.02, Stan

Squirtcha?
01-26-2004, 04:10 PM
That's what it looks like Marlin. Why ya taking the intake out there purplerain?

purplerain
01-26-2004, 04:33 PM
My bad wrong name (still learn'in). I am pull'in the intake because the corners are chiped on the front two bolt holes, so I didn't feel like it would make a good seal. Plus the fins on the bottom look like they have been chewed up and spit out! Should I not remove it? Can those fins be repaired? (I mean they are BAD!) Thanks guys for dealing with the newbie!

HBjet
01-26-2004, 04:38 PM
before taking it out, fill the bilge up with water and see if it will leak out the bottom. If not then the seal is fine and dont' touch it.
HBjet

Squirtcha?
01-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Your skegs or fins could probably be repaired while still on the boat. You'd have to find someone that's a pretty good welder though.
Pulling the intake out and resetting it is probably one of the most serious undertakings there is on these things. It may come out alright, but then you have to reset it and it needs to go in properly. I like doing things myself, but I paid to have mine done.
Can you get some pictures of the damage under the boat?

purplerain
01-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys for all the input I will definetly mull this over for a while and then decide.

BrendellaJet
01-26-2004, 07:16 PM
I would take it out if you have any long term plans for the boat.

Tolly
01-27-2004, 12:15 AM
You need to contact Mike at Mike's Pump & Speed shop in Houston, 281-820-1559. He is your local Jetboat guru and is a wealth of information and has good prices to. I'm sure he could steer you in the right direction.