PDA

View Full Version : Question: HTM & Lifeline Vests

LASERRAY
01-26-2004, 11:16 PM
It was brought to my attention that in light of the tragic accident a couple years ago, the positioning of the "Lifeline" booth directly across from the "HTM" booth is intentional, a cooperative venture if you will, to promote the importance of lifejackets when boating. Is this true?

HBjet
01-26-2004, 11:34 PM
No!
From what I heard, 2 years ago, Lifeline wasn't going to make the show due to the cost for the spot. Last minute they made it. I don't know if they got a discount, but if you also notice, Lifelines "booth" is a rig with very little setup for the show. I bet on Sunday, they are one of the first ones out of there, and there spot is probably not there choice. If anything, I would think it would hurt sales for HTM. People go see lifeline and hear about what happens when you hit the water, and what there jackets are designed to do to you. Then you see HTM and say hey, I remember one of them crashing. Maybe not!
HBjet

LASERRAY
01-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
No!
From what I heard, 2 years ago, Lifeline wasn't going to make the show due to the cost for the spot. Last minute they made it. I don't know if they got a discount, but if you also notice, Lifelines "booth" is a rig with very little setup for the show. I bet on Sunday, they are one of the first ones out of there, and there spot is probably not there choice. If anything, I would think it would hurt sales for HTM. People go see lifeline and hear about what happens when you hit the water, and what there jackets are designed to do to you. Then you see HTM and say hey, I remember one of them crashing. Maybe not!
HBjet I was told that last year it was the same way. I'm not saying that what you say is not true, but I just heard otherwise.:)

Kilrtoy
01-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Are voices talking to you again LASER....

LASERRAY
01-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Are voices talking to you again LASER.... I think it's the alcohol talkin to me. No, I trust my friends when they tell me things, and the guy that told me this is a stand-up guy. That doesn't mean that he's not wrong.:wink:

LASERRAY
01-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by HBjet
No!
HBjet Well ok, but didn't you at least notice the irony?

Rexone
01-27-2004, 12:54 AM
Lifeline has been in that same spot several times

25 Eagle
01-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Should be standard equipment on that boat! If dealers really cared about their customers [ 100+ mph owners] they would offer them with the boat. Look at all the money they saved by not putting the brakes on.

OGShocker
01-27-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
It was brought to my attention that in light of the tragic accident a couple years ago, the positioning of the "Lifeline" booth directly across from the "HTM" booth is intentional, a cooperative venture if you will, to promote the importance of lifejackets when boating. Is this true?
I doubt it.
That to me would be a marketing SNAFU of the first order!!!
Dana is next to both:eek: I know we did not plan it that way!

Laveyman
01-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Like RexOne said, they have both had the same booth for the last few years. Nothing to read into it.

gnarley
01-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 25 Eagle
Should be standard equipment on that boat! If dealers really cared about their customers [ 100+ mph owners] they would offer them with the boat. Look at all the money they saved by not putting the brakes on.
Specially if they want returning customers

BADBLOWN572
01-27-2004, 03:47 PM
They shouldn't have to be right next to the HTM booth. They should come as standard equipment with the purchase of any HTM.

MIKEHTMSR24
01-27-2004, 08:28 PM
their should be some free jackets with the boat.
:eek!:
Maybe if it was in the boat some would us it on those high speed passes.
I believe in them but it didn't help Ken Lane:(
It's like a seat belt or better. It sure can't hurt ya.
They should come as standard equipment with the purchase of any HTM. :mad: WIUWT:mad:

LASERRAY
01-28-2004, 08:24 PM
I doesn't matter to me if it's a HTM, Eliminator, Hallet, Laser, Schiada, Commander, Carrera, Essex, DCB, Hustler, or even Bayliner or Electracraft. All boats should come with lifevests included. You don't see cars or trucks without seatbelts, do you?:cool:

Kachina26
01-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
They shouldn't have to be right next to the HTM booth. They should come as standard equipment with the purchase of any HTM. OUCH!

JLaughreySS24
02-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Typical comment from Badblown!

JLaughreySS24
02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Just tired of the bashing! Its getting old!!!

mike37
02-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by JLaughreySS24
Just tired of the bashing! Its getting old!!!
There all just jealous
But not RD he is just a bitch that likes to start trouble
:D :D :D