PDA

View Full Version : Do the Panthers Really Have A Chance To Beat The Patriots in the Super Bowl?

MagicMtnDan
01-27-2004, 05:32 AM
It's gonna be tough to beat the Pats - they're on a roll! (I'm rooting for the underdog).
New England has won a record-tying 14 consecutive games this season
Games Team Season
14 Patriots 2003
14 Dolphins 1972
13 Bears 1934
13 Broncos 1998
http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/tickermaster/images/underdog.jpg

JetBoatRich
01-27-2004, 06:02 AM
Panthers can do, they won some good teams in the playoffs. But, the Pat's look stronger this year than 2 years ago.
All I really want is the right numbers in my pool:rolleyes:

Essex502
01-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Wait till SUnday morning and take the Panthers and the points.

framer1
01-27-2004, 12:42 PM
If I remember correctly Tampa didn't have a chance last year. I took the Panthers and even money with my nephew but taking points with everybody else. Does anybody know what the spread is. I heard 6 and a half.

CA Stu
01-27-2004, 12:47 PM
I may be on crack here, but didn't the Panthers just win 14 IN A ROW?
I put my money on the Panthers. I got 7 points from NYNY.
The Winners of the Superbowl have only covered the points twice ever. Seems like easy money to me!
CA Stu

dimarcobros
01-27-2004, 01:28 PM
The Winners of the Superbowl have only covered the points twice ever. Seems like easy money to me!
CA Stu [/B]
Are you sure about that? Off the top of my head I know that Denver stomped on the Falcons, Farve beat up on the Patriots, Dallas dumped on the Steelers, the Ravens covered big, the Niners spanked the Chargers, and the Cowboys beat up on the Bills. I don't remember the spreads but I am prettys sure they all covered.:confused:
DMB

CA Stu
01-27-2004, 02:06 PM
That's what I read in the Press Enterprise this morning... I'll see if I can find it on line...

CA Stu
01-27-2004, 03:02 PM
F*cking Press! That is wrong...
http://www.larrygrossman.com/superbowl.html
Anyway, I took the Panthers and the points. :D
CA Stu

dimarcobros
01-27-2004, 04:28 PM
I am with you on that.
DMB

LUVNLIFE
01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm going to say Pats. I think they are tighter than the Panthers.

j-rod
01-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
It's gonna be tough to beat the Pats - they're on a roll! (I'm rooting for the underdog).
http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/tickermaster/images/underdog.jpg GO CAROLINA

JetBoatRich
01-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
I'm going to say Pats. I think they are tighter than the Panthers.
Tighter:confused:
Nice Cale:eek:

LUVNLIFE
01-28-2004, 03:02 AM
Didn't cover myself to good on that one did I:(

promod
01-28-2004, 04:18 AM
carolina going to kick that a$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
all over the field don't realyy matter least they made it to the bowl pretty good for a new team my.02
later
promod:p

fear the turtle
01-28-2004, 06:17 AM
Just my $.02
Yes, they have a good chance. The Pats defense is based completely on jamming everything at the line of scrimmage and turning everything to the outside protecting the middle. The CB’s attack the WR and the OLB pretty tackles the TE. With that they can disrupt the QB-WR-TE timing, taking the play longer to develop which allows them to get pressure. IMO, it won’t work against the panthers for a couple reasons –
- They are a running team, there’s no timing to disrupt. And if you are going to be on the line of scrimmage it’s easier for their blockers to get their hands on you.
- Carolina will send the WR’s in motion down the line of scrimmage to avoid being jammed and open up those slants routes the Patriots love to take away.
- Carolina will run an H-Back up to the line of scrimmage opposite side of the TE to open up the middle.
- Referee’s are tired of hearing about how much they let the Patriots get away with holding at the line of scrimmage and hitting after five yards. They’ll call it closer then normal as not to take the blame.

HyRider15
01-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Who Cares!! As long as I get some beverages and win some money in the pool I will be happy.