PDA

View Full Version : outboard racing in Wisconsin

flattie
03-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Anyone know about some racing that is suppose to go on at Shawano Lake in Wisconsin this summer?

sleekcrafter
03-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Yep there is a thread over on scream and fly forums (http://http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101870) . They are not allowing any inboard mills to compete :mad: because they would surely lose :220v: Shoot over to MI for the Allendale Drags when they get them going in the summer. :cool:
Sleek

flattie
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
bastards They should have a seperate class we have at least 10 to 15 inboards in Shawano

flattie
03-27-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah the dont want this to ruin there parade with this http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/709shawano_boys.jpg

sleekcrafter
03-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Run some pre-mix and slap on a Mercury Black Max sticker on your scoop :crossx: Sleek

sleekcrafter
03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Maybe you can make it down for the Koshkonong Speed runs this year, and spank them there. :)
Sleek

flattie
03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Now thats funny! we should get to run them hell most of our boats run in the 80s thats it there is only about 3 or 4 that run high 90s and 3 so far that have hit over a 107 mark

Towndrunk
03-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Now thats funny! we should get to run them hell most of our boats run in the 80s thats it there is only about 3 or 4 that run high 90s and 3 so far that have hit over a 107 mark
With speeds like that you might just want to stay home. The 107 guys may have a chance if thats in the quarter mile otherwise????????????? :p

flattie
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I have gave the outboard guys that say they have a 112mph boat 1 boat length starts also cruising along at 45 and hitting it and I haven't had one catch me yet. & mine the best speed so far is 107 on the gps. & mine is just a lake boat with mufflers and I go out with the tanks full of gas. I drive it ever chance I get.

flattie
03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Besides look at all the entry money there passing up on. Here is another 10 to 15 boats. Kinda stupid not to let us race even in a diffrent class. It like saying only front wheel drive cars can race here.

Towndrunk
03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Besides look at all the entry money there passing up on. Here is another 10 to 15 boats. Kinda stupid not to let us race even in a diffrent class. It like saying only front wheel drive cars can race here.
I agree with you there. I like to race car boats. I have a vee drive myself but it's too slow forme. When I want real speed I grab my OB Hydro. I could make the Sanger fast but hell I'd have to spend 20,000 to get it to compete with my weedwhacker. :cry:

You Te
03-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I have gave the outboard guys that say they have a 112mph boat 1 boat length starts also cruising along at 45 and hitting it and I haven't had one catch me yet. & mine the best speed so far is 107 on the gps. & mine is just a lake boat with mufflers and I go out with the tanks full of gas. I drive it ever chance I get.
It sounds like you have not lined up with a good running OB.

Blown 472
03-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Thinking about going to the dark side flattie?

flattie
03-30-2006, 05:56 AM
No I just want to spank a outboard in front of crowd of people! If I cant do John Conrad will
Lol

Towndrunk
03-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Come to BBSP the 3rd weekend of April. I'll give you your chance . Bring your own crying tissue. :p

You Te
03-30-2006, 06:10 AM
No I just want to spank a outboard in front of crowd of people! If I cant do John Conrad will
Lol
That's right, always have a back up plan.

Towndrunk
03-30-2006, 06:49 AM
Yeah, if I can't beat you , You TE will. :boxed:

DEL51
04-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I read the post from the scream and fly forum. Those guys had to jump through some hoops to set this up.This is their initial attempt at having a race. We should help them out. If all goes well, there may be more types of boats included in the future, that is what they seemed to indicate on the other forum. The DNR and other officials will be there. I will not go near there area unless its in a pontoon. Whats good for them is good for us. We have all summer for grudge matches.

Towndrunk
04-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I read the post from the scream and fly forum. Those guys had to jump through some hoops to set this up.This is their initial attempt at having a race. We should help them out. If all goes well, there may be more types of boats included in the future, that is what they seemed to indicate on the other forum. The DNR and other officials will be there. I will not go near there area unless its in a pontoon. Whats good for them is good for us. We have all summer for grudge matches.
Hey man, what you doing coming over here and making sense? :D

You Te
04-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Scream and Fly..................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sleekcrafter
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Well maybe an Exibition run is needed! The crowd will scream Flattie...flattie :crossx: We want Car boats...We want Car boats...As all the premix is cleared from the air. :p
Sleek

DEL51
04-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I agree with you there. I like to race car boats. I have a vee drive myself but it's too slow forme. When I want real speed I grab my OB Hydro. I could make the Sanger fast but hell I'd have to spend 20,000 to get it to compete with my weedwhacker. :cry:
I have to ask, how much you got into a hot rod outboard? I have seen damn fast outboards at the drags runin the low tens in 1/4 mile with mod engines but no add ons. Some of the older bridgeports were beating the new stuff, why so? no cocky just interested. By the way I run a slow jet boat. My friend runs a siebold eagle with a 300 mariner boat is 20.5 but will seat 5 people. Me and driver = 88 mph. My buddy is waiting for the hot jets on shawano to show him up. My jet only runs 105 so far but I think more is there. It gets there like lightning.I know the fastest boats on shawano,givin time, are the outboards. I feel that thru tuning and adjustments I will be right up there with them.I do not fear them or your call out. Unfortunately I can't drive 2250 miles to have a close race. I know where I stand and it would be fun to compare. I do like you guys, and I am a fan of High performance. That said, I have had a few bad experiences very cocky O.B. guys. Not from the boards, but locals. My boat keeps getting faster each year because of tuning and I will catch up. Maybe someday I can make it to BBSP. Be Careful, DEL

Towndrunk
04-12-2006, 05:58 AM
I have to ask, how much you got into a hot rod outboard? I have seen damn fast outboards at the drags runin the low tens in 1/4 mile with mod engines but no add ons. Some of the older bridgeports were beating the new stuff, why so? no cocky just interested. By the way I run a slow jet boat. My friend runs a siebold eagle with a 300 mariner boat is 20.5 but will seat 5 people. Me and driver = 88 mph. My buddy is waiting for the hot jets on shawano to show him up. My jet only runs 105 so far but I think more is there. It gets there like lightning.I know the fastest boats on shawano,givin time, are the outboards. I feel that thru tuning and adjustments I will be right up there with them.I do not fear them or your call out. Unfortunately I can't drive 2250 miles to have a close race. I know where I stand and it would be fun to compare. I do like you guys, and I am a fan of High performance. That said, I have had a few bad experiences very cocky O.B. guys. Not from the boards, but locals. My boat keeps getting faster each year because of tuning and I will catch up. Maybe someday I can make it to BBSP. Be Careful, DEL
I have around but no more than 12k in my hydro, boat, motor, trailer and all.

You Te
04-12-2006, 07:19 AM
Most of the serious fast big blocks we call trailer queens. These guys take them to the lake make a few passes and then back to the trailer, so they call them lake boats.
Of course an OB is not going to hang with a serious big block in a drag race. The thing is, many fast ob's can run up and down the lake all day and not just sit there on the trailer or beached. One word, NITROUS!!!!!!!!!

DEL51
04-15-2006, 09:56 PM
12 grand is a deal and that is what my buddy paid for his seablod, engine and trailer. no reworks either.This is a great buddy boat in which I would compare a 21 daytona jet, in my realm. He let me drive his boat and I had to adjust the trim and throttle accordingly. But it was alittle challenging. Part of it was not wanting to screw up. I was happy cruising the bay and he said I did well for a first timer.This boat was from cedarburg and close to Lake Michigan. The boat was too small for that. It was perfect for the bay of green bay and a chase boat while I was dialing in my tunnel jet. i am used to foot control and hand trim, place diverter. If you can go over 100 with less than 20 G in a complete package you are doing well in any type of hull/ boat combo. Take care,DEL P.S. Lets continue this thread. I work a lot of hrs, so my responses may be a little slow in coming. Thanks DEL.

STVer
04-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Come on now, don't you remember running that white STV Euro? We were side by side and I told you we were running 104! Not bad for a 4 seater eggbeater running a 30 pitch prop against a blown v-drive. I sold the boat over the winter and I'm looking for a new ride for this summer.
Here's the deal on the race. The Jets and v-drives are not allowed to run because the people signing the permits (town board, etc.) said no way! When Clyde told them it would be outboards only, they said ok and gave him the permit. The other reason is this race is part of the MN ***boat club so he could use their insurance.
I've been running 100+ MPH outboards on Shawano Lake for over 20 years and I'll be the first to admit that the jets and v-drives are taking over. I don't know about in top end speed, but in shear numbers on any givin weekend for sure!
Great to see you guys out there!

STVer
05-04-2006, 07:38 AM
The race has been cancelled. :cry: