PDA

View Full Version : anyone know

MsDrmr
01-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Mr. and I sleep on a queen mattress,,, him being almost 7' we desperatly need a CA king size mattress..anyone know where we can get a resonably priced good mattress...I's desperate here

SoCal Power
01-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Try FurnitureForMe.com 909-529-4752
Ask for Mike, tell 'em Dave Batista referred you.

little rowe boat
01-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Geez 7',please tell me he plays basketball.:cool:

MsDrmr
01-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Geez 7',please tell me he plays basketball.:cool:
Hey little, no he does'nt not coordinated enough, and three years ago he injured his leg playing street ball and ended up with "drop foot" So now he can't even play at all (poor fellow)

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-28-2004, 09:57 AM
I am vertically damned also 6'6". try an olympic queen. It will achieve the same goals without being wide enough for 4 people. Just a suggestion if sq.ft is a huge factor in your bedroom. I know simmons makes one!!!
Omega
p.s. I said vertically damned because it is awefully hard to find 36-38 inseam pants and it sucks walking around in high waters;) :)

MsDrmr
01-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
I am vertically damned also 6'6". try an olympic queen. It will achieve the same goals without being wide enough for 4 people. Just a suggestion if sq.ft is a huge factor in your bedroom. I know simmons makes one!!!
Omega
p.s. I said vertically damned because it is awefully hard to find 36-38 inseam pants and it sucks walking around in high waters;) :)
oh gosh I know, buying any cloths for him is a pain the butt, and he wont shop for himself. the sq ftg in our room is not an issue as we have a large bedroom suite. I thank you for the info though info is always welcome

NOTALENT
01-28-2004, 10:13 AM
I just went to sit in sleep about a month ago and bout a queen size bed for get the name but it was an off brand so it was cheaper..but it was alot more comfortbale then sealy or serta and has a lifetime wty...I paid 600.00 came with the basics two pillows, mattress pad..

mo
01-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Paramount Furniture
Cal King for $1200 Cashmere Pillow top both sides.
Best bed I've ever been in and that's a lot of beds;)
(562) 633-0709

MsDrmr
01-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bropb16
I just went to sit in sleep about a month ago and bout a queen size bed for get the name but it was an off brand so it was cheaper..but it was alot more comfortbale then sealy or serta and has a lifetime wty...I paid 600.00 came with the basics two pillows, mattress pad..
with me having restless leg syndrome, we need a pillow top mattress, and one that minimizes movement..how is yours?

HavasuDreamin'
01-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
with me having restless leg syndrome, we need a pillow top mattress, and one that minimizes movement..how is yours?
Simmons. My wife worked for them, and Spring Air. She was in the industry for over 10 years. Without getting into too much detail, Simmons has a patent on individually pocketed coils which is what limits the movement. If movement is a major issue for you, go Simmons. You want a no flip mattress as well, but most of the mid - upper end beds are no flip anyway. Also make sure your frame has a good center support system.
Keep in mind that with a King, you are going to get body impressions no matter which company you go with. All Kings get them. Good Luck

MsDrmr
01-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Simmons. My wife worked for them, and Spring Air. She was in the industry for over 10 years. Without getting into too much detail, Simmons has a patent on individually pocketed coils which is what limits the movement. If movement is a major issue for you, go Simmons. You want a no flip mattress as well, but most of the mid - upper end beds are no flip anyway. Also make sure your frame has a good center support system.
Keep in mind that with a King, you are going to get body impressions no matter which company you go with. All Kings get them. Good Luck
Thanks for the heads up, we have a queen that has left impressions as well so thats not a big deal...Thanks again

mo
01-28-2004, 11:00 AM
If this makes any sense, you literally fall into the mattress because the pillow top is so soft but the actual mattress is firm so you really don’t move around all that much once you’ve settled in. Everyone that has ever laid in that bed has always said that it’s the most comfortable bed that they’ve ever been on.

NOTALENT
01-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
I had the same problem..I was always tossing and turning..shaking my legs. So I finally went out to look found this one it is a double sided pillow top...The most comfortabe bed I have ever slept in..There have been a few nights where I would go to sleep and it was so comfortable..that, that was what I thougt about all night...lol..I sleep great now though.

MagicMtnDan
01-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
We bought a high-end king (Simmons) with pillow top, the works. Great mattress but we already are (alright, MY side is) getting body impressions. Why is that?! (Yeah, I know I'm heavy :D )

gnarley
01-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
We bought a high-end king (Simmons) with pillow top, the works. Great mattress but we already are (alright, MY side is) getting body impressions. Why is that?! (Yeah, I know I'm heavy :D )
How often do you flip and rotate the mattress?

HavasuDreamin'
01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Great mattress but we already are (alright, MY side is) getting body impressions. Why is that?! (Yeah, I know I'm heavy :D )
I will have to refer to the expert on this one. She said ;) there are three reasons that body impressions are so pronounced in King size beds. Beds are much thicker than they use to be 10 years or 20 years ago. The average bed is now 18" thick (mattress only).
Second, on a King, the bed is so wide, that there is an area down the center where nobody sleeps. Thus, you get a ridge down the center which makes the body impressions more pronounced.
Last but not least, with a King, you have a split box spring. The edges of each box spring have a steel beem running down them. Put two box springs together under a King mattress and now you have two adjacent steel beems running under the center of your bed.
The wife also said that Spring Air and Simmons have the largest market share in California. Believe it or not, Spring Air has a larger market share than Simmons out there. The wife recommends three lines...........Spring Air (they have an excellent plant in CA that makes a top notch product), Chatam and Wells, and Simmons. She recommended staying away from Serta and Sealy.
By the way, I was wrong in my earlier post kind of. Spring Air and other mfg.'s also produce individual pocketed coil mattresses which reduce movement. The patent ran out on Simmons.
Good Luck

HavasuDreamin'
01-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by gnarley
How often do you flip and rotate the mattress?
Most newer mattresses that are in the mid to upper end price range are no flip. All mfg.'s make no-flips now. :cool:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-28-2004, 01:29 PM
we have the simmons beautyrest with the coil springs and it is awesome. had it 4 years and no trouble yet. best night sleep I have ever had. It is firm but I like firm beds. A soft bed makes my back hurt as I'm sure it does for your jolly giant. first 'no flip' mattress and I was leary but seems to be holding up just fine. I'm no featherweight at 270lbs either. the do not disturb feature is great also because the g/f is a flipper. I think the simmons have a 10yr warrantee if I'm not mistaken??? I would seriously recommend you at least take a look at the olympic queen. I may be wrong but I don't think the King is any longer just wider. Kinda makes me feel like I'm sleeping across the room from the g/f.:eek:
Omega