PDA

View Full Version : Look out Kansas here we come!!!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-29-2004, 04:55 AM
Just a fair warning that Texas Jet and myself will be heading to Kansas this evening to drop his boat off at HTP. We plan on taking lots of before/after pics and if Duane doesn't mind I will SPAM the shit out of these boards with them like our buddys out west.;)
Omega

Jake W
01-29-2004, 05:34 AM
Well you ought to have some really nice weather.NOT is is going to be a high of 20 to day and there is about 2 inches of snow on the ground,Cant be that much diffrent 3 hours from hear in Goddard?Duane is a good guy I am sure it will be a fun trip.
Jake:D

Infomaniac
01-29-2004, 05:48 AM
Through Tulsa?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Jake W
Well you ought to have some really nice weather.NOT is is going to be a high of 20 to day and there is about 2 inches of snow on the ground,Cant be that much diffrent 3 hours from hear in Goddard?Duane is a good guy I am sure it will be a fun trip.
well that ought to be an interesting drive seeing how Texas Jet and I have zero knowledge of how to drive on Ice/snow. How are the road conditions?? So I guess a lake test is out of the question:( seeing how it is probably frozen solid. We both are very excited and I look forward to meeting Duane in person. I have spoken with him on the phone a couple of times and he is always very courteous and helpful.
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
01-29-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
Through Tulsa?
we could make that a pit stop. you got cold beer?:)
Omega

Jet Hydro
01-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I`d tell ya to swing by over here but I only have Coke and Wellers:D

Ken F
01-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Omega,
If you guys have no experience on snow and ice, don't even attempt it!!!
It is sleeting hard right now from wichita to Springfield, and the roads have gotten slicker than snot in 30 minutes!
Ken F

TexasJet
01-29-2004, 03:55 PM
:yuk: TRIP CANCELLED!!!!!! Due to crappy weather here and freezing weather up there. Will shoot for two weeks from tomorrow. I am so bumbed out. DAMN!!!!!!!!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Blown 472
01-29-2004, 03:56 PM
pussies.:D :D :D

TexasJet
01-29-2004, 04:01 PM
JetHydro, I assume you are close to HTP? Coke and Wellers is fine with me. I feel safe in speaking for Omega, it's OK with him also. We will fine tune the get together in the next couple of weeks.

TexasJet
01-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Blown 472, OK I'm comfortable with that. I have never driven in snow and ice. My trailer dosn't have brakes either. The risk was to great. I have plenty of time before April to get the work done.

Blown 472
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by TexasJet
Blown 472, OK I'm comfortable with that. I have never driven in snow and ice. My trailer dosn't have brakes either. The risk was to great. I have plenty of time before April to get the work done.
Just givin ya shit, I have to drive in that crap all the time. If you have never driven in it, dont.

Blade1
01-29-2004, 05:24 PM
YOUR TAKIN TO THE RIGHT PLACE .Mine is already there,it was finished till i decided to add NOS. it will be the black tunnel in the show room. good luck to ya when you finally do get to head out.

Jet Hydro
01-30-2004, 12:08 AM
JetHydro, I assume you are close to HTP? Coke and Wellers is fine with me. I feel safe in speaking for Omega, it's OK with him also. We will fine tune the get together in the next couple of weeks.
Yep, I`m real close, about 30 miles west. Just let me know when and I`ll make sure we have some cold one`s or some good one`s (Weller`s & Coke ) on ice.:D

Duane HTP
01-30-2004, 05:26 AM
Texas Jet & Omega,

Duane HTP
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
Texas Jet & Omega,
We are having our annual open house BBQ on Feb. 22. You might want to bring the boat up that week end and join in on the fun. I smoke a mean slab of ribs and you'll get to meet lots of nice folks.
Duane HTP

Jake W
01-30-2004, 05:46 AM
I am looking forward to that Duane food was great .And lots of good jet talk.

TexasJet
01-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Duane, that would require using some vacation time. I have plenty, let me talk to Omega. The chance to talk "Jet Talk" with a lot of folks and eat free food sounds great.

Windy
01-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
We plan on taking lots of before/after pics
Have your buddy take a couple of yourself for us to.

Blown 472
01-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
??????????????????????????

Windy
01-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
??????????????????????????
Just asken to see a pic of the man with astro turf is all.:)

HBjet
01-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Honestly, I wish you guys a good trip when you do go (2 weeks?) and please take before and after pics of the work, I like seeing that shit, so that is why I always post my pics. What are you guys having done to the boat?
HBjet

TexasJet
01-30-2004, 03:48 PM
I just ordered a set of Lightning headers from GSMarine. That was unexpected but needed. Got to get rid of the stock logs. At HTP they will add an E-shoe Kit, ride plate, top loader, 9 vein aggressor bowl, snoot, and reuse my diverter. We may go to a different cut impeller. The test runs will determine that.

Blown 472
01-30-2004, 03:58 PM
I just ordered a set of Lightning headers from GSMarine. That was unexpected but needed. Got to get rid of the stock logs. At HTP they will add an E-shoe Kit, ride plate, top loader, 9 vein aggressor bowl, snoot, and reuse my diverter. We may go to a different cut impeller. The test runs will determine that.
You are going to love that shoe, that was the best 200 bucks I ever spent on my shit box.

HBjet
01-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Blown, can you take a photo of your shoe kit and post it? I would like to see that.
TJ, that's cool your going to make all of those changes. When finished, your going to have a different (better) boat!
I know when I added the new motor, and comletely different pump setup, it was like a different boat. Kinda had to learn all over again when you where used to the hull handling a certain way.
HBjet

Blown 472
01-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
Blown, can you take a photo of your shoe kit and post it? I would like to see that.
TJ, that's cool your going to make all of those changes. When finished, your going to have a different (better) boat!
I know when I added the new motor, and comletely different pump setup, it was like a different boat. Kinda had to learn all over again when you where used to the hull handling a certain way.
HBjet
I will see if I can round up a digi, not sure how well they work in -10 weather.

HBjet
01-30-2004, 04:12 PM
oh yeah, I forgot, it's cold there.... if you can't, that's cool.
HBjet

Jake W
01-30-2004, 04:27 PM
HBjet if you want to see the E shoe kits look on Duanes site there are pics of them on there.

honkey1
01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
You will be happy Duane is a cool guy I bought my TX-19 from him but, due to cash flow issues I had to sell it to my brother. I've been checking out the Taylor he has on his site for sale. You guys take a look at it and tell me if I ought to drive up to check it out in person.:D

Ken F
01-31-2004, 06:56 AM
Honkey, that's one nice taylor!
Duane is having an open house Feb 22,
that would be a great date to come and look!
Ken F

Mohavekid
01-31-2004, 08:49 AM
I've been thinking about making some of the same changes to my ride.
Let us know the results.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
02-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by MissHBjet
I like to remain mysterious (the man behind the astro-turf). If you are so anxious to see what I look like why don't you and HBjet fly out here and have a couple brews.
I am flattered that you still are thinking of me:)
Omega

Taylorman
02-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Make sure to document the performance increases that the changes create so you can post the results.

mud duck
02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey, I like that boat he has on his web site too. Similar to one he had earlier, about a year ago. But this one looks in a bit better shape. I miss my old Taylor. :(

Jet Hydro
02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Duane HTP
I smoke a mean slab of ribs and you'll get to meet lots of nice folks.
Duane HTP
You can say that again!
Those are some of the best rib`s that I have ever had!!!!
Good food and good people "it just don't get any better than that"