PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Scientists in UPS Uniforms....

Mardonzi
03-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I bought a new VHF radio on ebay last week. It was scanned as arriving at 2:43 am this morning and was supposed to be delivered today according to the tracking number...
However....
At 2:28 am, Page Fire Dept rolled on a fire at the UPS terminal in Page... Finally got done cleaning up at 6:30 am. The place burnt to the ground.
So....
I call UPS to ask them what to do about my package... They say it's out for delivery. I tell them about the fire... They don't know about the fire and the lady in customer service refuses to believe that the fire took place because it doesn't show anything on her computer.... So I guess I'll wait till their computers catch up with reality,, then file a claim.....

phebus
03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Just think, if that defective radio would have reached you, it could have burned your boat to the waterline. Instead, your just responsible for burning down a building and all its contents. :rollside:

DeepVee
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
UPS Sucks.
I had to return a set of headers to Phoenix last Friday afternoon. I called the UPS 800 number at 4:50pm to find out if the UPS facility was still open. After explaining my needs to the guy on the phone he referred me to the UPS Store stating they were open until 6:00 pm and could serve my needs. When I got to the UPS Store I was told they could not accept my return package for ground shipment (2-day or overnight only) and I'd have to take it to the main facility. I then asked what time the main facility closed and was told 7:00pm; so I jumped back in the car and drove to the main facility. But guess what? The main facility was closed, closed at 5:30pm and it's now 5:29pm. I ended up having to go back to the UPS Store and shipping for 2-day, even though ground only taked 1-day to PHX.

RitcheyRch
03-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Agree, UPS sucks. Stick with Fed-Ex.

2Driver
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
guess the updated fire extinguishers were ordered but out for delivery too :rollside:
The f-head who owns the local UPS store will not ship my water-ski ground because he said he does not make enough money on it. He would only ship 2nd day. He is a fat D-head and carries a Glock 40 cal. out-bound on his belt as if he's a tough shit. They had him removed and changed franchisee after someone complained loud enough. :rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
UPS is still better then DHL..... They rearend you at red lights... then you have to get your lawyer involed to get less then $500 to have your hitch replaced( only thing damaged other then thier van that was fooked)

MagicMtnDan
03-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah, UPS is the best UNTIL they damage or lose a package and you have to file a claim. Then you will wish for the rest of your days that you didn't ever use UPS. They make it so hard to file a claim and get satisfaction that you'll decide after a while that it isn't worth your time to pursue the claim. That's when their policy of ignoring your claim pays off for them. You go away and they don't lose any money or pay on the insurance on your shipment.
Moral of the story: use UPS for stuff that isn't very expensive - if you can afford to do without it, use UPS.
For everything else use FedEx. Really.

Mardonzi
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
UPS locally for us is pretty good,, never had a problem with them... I just find it funny that just because someone can't see something on their computer means that it didn't happen.
Kind of like the grocery checker that can't enter in a price because all they know how to do is scan....

GRUNION
03-27-2006, 07:55 PM
They Both Suck

Run_em_Hard
03-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Not too long ago I was working recieving for the company that I am still at, I delt alot with UPS, Fed Express, and DHL. Here is my .02
UPS- the largest of the three, 150+ packages a day. They don't care. They have got to the point were they deliver in such quantity that they have lost track of service and pride. We had some 15' light bulbs delivered by them from the east coast, they arrived and the box was bent in half and you could hear all the glass broke inside. I refused the item, it came back two days later. UPS stuck that box in another box and tried to ship it to us again. IDIOTS.
DHL-10 to 30 packages a day. The guy that delivered to us is an idiot. There was a couple intances where he completely forgot to scan every single item. And he would come out on days that we told him we would be closed. He was an idiot as well.
Fed EX-50 to 70 items a day. I only use these guys. It might cost just alittle more. Money well spent. They seem to actually care about fragile items, never had any leaking chemical(UPS did frequently).

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-27-2006, 08:24 PM
the timing of this couldn't have come at a better time.
UPS HAS BEEN FAWKING UP MY DELIVERIES EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS.
last friday I was to recieve a LARGE order that was shpped red to me on thursday. that means no later than 10:30 am. Bear in mind that my customer had been calling since wednesday and i assured him he would have his parts on monday. By 3:30 i had 3 calls in to UPS who say "i will forward your message to your local center. They do not recieve incoming calls so i have to send an email". By 5:15 i cut my losses and close up and go home for my wife's b-day. it showed up monday at noon.

Eliminator 4 Life
03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
the timing of this couldn't have come at a better time.
UPS HAS BEEN FAWKING UP MY DELIVERIES EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS.
last friday I was to recieve a LARGE order that was shpped red to me on thursday. that means no later than 10:30 am. Bear in mind that my customer had been calling since wednesday and i assured him he would have his parts on monday. By 3:30 i had 3 calls in to UPS who say "i will forward your message to your local center. They do not recieve incoming calls so i have to send an email". By 5:15 i cut my losses and close up and go home for my wife's b-day. it showed up monday at noon.
Maybe u should contact the shipper to see when it was shipped..

Eliminator 4 Life
03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
I bought a new VHF radio on ebay last week. It was scanned as arriving at 2:43 am this morning and was supposed to be delivered today according to the tracking number...
However....
At 2:28 am, Page Fire Dept rolled on a fire at the UPS terminal in Page... Finally got done cleaning up at 6:30 am. The place burnt to the ground.
So....
I call UPS to ask them what to do about my package... They say it's out for delivery. I tell them about the fire... They don't know about the fire and the lady in customer service refuses to believe that the fire took place because it doesn't show anything on her computer.... So I guess I'll wait till their computers catch up with reality,, then file a claim.....
Don as a driver the people on the 1800 number know jack shit they only read what it says on the computer. Talking to them is like going to Mc Donalds and talkin to the guy that takes ur order.. Good luck Don..

WYRD
03-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Don as a driver the people on the 1800 number know jack shit they only read what it says on the computer. Talking to them is like going to Mc Donalds and talkin to the guy that takes ur order.. Good luck Don..
I knew you flipped burgers for a living :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I knew you flipped burgers for a living :crossx:
I told you to quit coming by my work to get a free happy meal I cant give those out for free :yuk:

WYRD
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I told you to quit coming by my work to get a free happy meal I cant give those out for free :yuk:
Hows the little lady doing?

Eliminator 4 Life
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Hows the little lady doing?
Good brother good thanks for asking. I delivered a 28 today.

WYRD
03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Good brother good thanks for asking. I delivered a 28 today.
Nice! when you gonna spring for the 30? :idea:

Eliminator 4 Life
03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice! when you gonna spring for the 30? :idea:
When you buy my 26 and besides that i dont want a 30 I want the 28 daytona ICC with twins :)

WYRD
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
When you buy my 26 and besides that i dont want a 30 I want the 28 daytona ICC with twins :)
I'll give you 10k cash for it :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
03-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I'll give you 10k cash for it :crossx:
okay u can have the trailer it sits on :p

PHX ATC
03-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Their peeps that answer the 1-800 number are in Pakistan or India...they are MORONS!!!!!!!!!
UPS sucks. :mad:

HOT ROD HOOLIGAN
03-28-2006, 06:50 AM
IT DOESNT MATTER WHO SHIPS YOUR PACKAGE, IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY FOR IT,OR PLAN ANYTHING AROUND IT, THEY WILL F*CK IT UP. THATS THEIR GUARANTEE. :220v:

Sherpa
03-28-2006, 06:52 AM
UPS for their loss-department are morons........ and they seriously try to
refuse to pay for any losses.......... incurred on their part I may add...
Although, my local UPS driver dude is awesome!
--Fed-x ground: I ordered a very nice digital camera from a NY business.
the box arrived at my house, had alot of tape on it, and barely weighed
anything.................. I even mentioned that to the driver..... he just said
sign here..........
I signed, then went inside and opened an empty camera box.... Immediately
called fed-x loss prevention, and opened a file. then called the business in
NY and informed them......... they have had numerous losses with fed-x
ground in the most recent months, and would stop using them for shipping.
new camera arrived in 2 days via fed-x regular next day.......... don't know
what happened with their file with loss prevention...
--Sherpa

Mardonzi
03-28-2006, 07:11 AM
IT DOESNT MATTER WHO SHIPS YOUR PACKAGE, IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY FOR IT,OR PLAN ANYTHING AROUND IT, THEY WILL F*CK IT UP. THATS THEIR GUARANTEE. :220v:
You still owe me the newbie member beer.....

voodoomedman
03-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Fact is UPS delivers more packages on time and undamaged than any other carrier. It is a fact even if your reading it on the internet. Nobody is perfect but we are fixing the problems that have developed recently. As far as claims it's true about the $100. Any declared value is actually insured by Crawford and not by UPS. Yes I do see packages that I feel the claim should be paid and Crawford won't budge but on the otherhand some people ship the equivalent of a light bulb in a paper lunch sack and then want the claim paid. Proper packaging everyone. As far as FedEx. Great competitor. Keeps us on our toes. Still don't match us in on time undamaged delivery. Their air is close and I'm sure that's what you guys are talking about. FedEx Ground is RPS rebranded. Nothing much has changed about that. Any of you daily shippers that are having problems then please call your Account Manager as the problem will be taken seriously. We can't fix what we don't know about. And yes we need to do something about the 800 number. Daily customers should be dialing the preferred customer line and get personal service but every package is important and the 800 number needs to be fixed. If you have a daily account in the Pasadena, Alhambra, Monterey Park area give me a shout and we'll talk.

Speedin' Ian
03-28-2006, 08:20 AM
I have always had great luck with UPS, but I'm sure when you ship as many packages as they do each day mistakes will be made, same goes for all types of business. I know I have had made mistakes in my profession and it always kills me when a client will calls months later and chews me out for something I had no idea had happened. It's kind of like when your girlfriend or wife yells at you for something you did months ago, if you have a problem go straight to the source as soon as possible.

voodoomedman
03-28-2006, 08:28 AM
I have always had great luck with UPS, but I'm sure when you ship as many packages as they do each day mistakes will be made, same goes for all types of business. I know I have had made mistakes in my profession and it always kills me when a client will calls months later and chews me out for something I had no idea had happened. It's kind of like when your girlfriend or wife yells at you for something you did months ago, if you have a problem go straight to the source as soon as possible.
Thank you. You are right. over 13 million packages a day. I wish we could get them all there on time and undamaged though. But at least we are the best at it. And your right about going straight to the source. Like I said let your Account Manager know or call the local delivery center. Talking crap on the internet is not going to get your problem fixed.

Sleek-Jet
03-28-2006, 08:31 AM
FedExs claim payment is just as bad, they all are, that's their game. The trick is to not insure any packages. If you really need insurance, you can purchase third party insurance that will pay much quicker and easier. UPS insures every package for $100. Every time you make a claim, it's for $95. They pay those almost immediately. Even if the item cost $5, it's $95. Over the years, it will completely even out.
Fed-Ex ruined a $15,000 airplane prop for a customer once... Fed-Ex claimed they didn't do any thing wrong... we told them that we didn't ship it with 6 inches of one blade bent 90*. As far as I know, all they did was refund the shipping.

meaniam
03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
i use to ship fenders for classic chevys everywhere. and ups was the shipper i used. i found that when i shipped my fenders in a box i would almost always have damage. i had asked a relitive at the ontario upswhat he thought about it. he said dont box the item wrap it up in plastic throw a label on it and ship it. so i did never had a complaint since. it appears that when it was in a box that becuase it size it would normally be place on the bottom of the stack. and when it would be transferred from the convey belt it wouldnt be placed gently. now becuase of its akward shape it gets placed on top of everywhere else or placed in a safe area. and they now carry it and stack it. now if i could get rid of the oversize fees. and bring it back around 30 dollars rather then 80.

topless
03-28-2006, 09:21 AM
OK, new Hooli, stop using all caps. It makes it look like you're really mad. :cry:

Mardonzi
03-28-2006, 09:28 AM
OK, new Hooli, stop using all caps. It makes it look like you're really mad. :cry:
Of course he's mad,, He has to buy the beers (I'm thinking maybe,, oh,, say,, Wendsday night???)