PDA

View Full Version : Silent Choice or Captains Call

Hermosa
01-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Looking for a contact, I need to help my brother install some sort of Silent Choice or Captain's Call exaust on his boat. He is running a 2002 Volvo 5.0GXi motor with a SX drive. It's going to be a gift from me, more of a toy, no real performance gains expected here. Just looking where to buy and the right part number to order. Thanks mucho.

little rowe boat
01-30-2004, 10:09 AM
I 'll bet Rexone will be able to help you with this.I don't know the part numbers but I have silent choice and it works fantastic never a prob.:cool:

carreraelite
01-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Check the "Parts for Sale" page on "Offshoreonly.com", in the Forums section

TrojanDan
01-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Can't help you on those two choices but have you looked into Teague's switchable muffler tips? They sell for about $900 plus install. They attach to your existing thru hull exhaust. They claim to lower the noise 15-20 decibels. I have it on our boat.
:cool:

P P R
01-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I have a set of corsa electric diverters . They where used once on my boat . make me an offer and they are yours.

Hermosa
01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
I just got off the phone with Corsa, looks like there might be a small problem, I need to look at where the steering rack is mounted in relation to the transom. Corsa supplies the manufacturer (Bryant) with the Captains Call for the Mercs, but didn't have any record of the Volvo conversion for said boat hull. Given the tight transom area, and high mounted power steering rack, this might not be an off the shelf application. They were willing to fabricate what I needed, but I have to then look at the costs, and if it's worth the dealio. I'll take a close look at it again tonight and decide what I need. Thanks mucho.

Hermosa
01-30-2004, 01:12 PM
PPR, I just sent you a PM, PM me your number if you want, I can call you. Thanks.