PDA

View Full Version : Spam! 1986 20’ 6” Eliminator Scorpion

superV
02-02-2004, 06:32 AM
I am posting this for a friend, give me a PM if interested or call him your self .Pictured to follow!
Five color let down on a black base gelcoat, chocolate brown to tan with an orange outline.
Custom interior to include gunwale seats over tunnels - no tears or fading.
Full instrumentation. Nordskog speedo, trim, transom jack, water temp, water pressure, digital tachometer, and fuel.
Bottom blueprinted and speed-coated - may need new speed-coat.
Foot throttle, and trim/tilt, hydraulic transom jack on floor. Once you shift into gear you do not have to remove your hands from the steering wheel.
110 GPH fuel pump on separate switch.
2 – 20 gallon aluminum gunwale fuel tanks with SS braided line to fuel pump.
Fuel pickups opened up to ½”
Aluminum billet manual fuel switch valve.
Custom made aluminum and Stainless steel ski pole.
Navigation lights
Three bilge pumps. One in each sponson and one in the center pod.
Opposing entry rack and pinion steering to counteract torque.
6” Eliminator anodized setback bracket.
Custom made aluminum after planes over tunnels with stainless steel turnbuckles.
Boat has very few scratches from use. I can only find one stress crack on one of the sponsons. If you know anything about Eliminator, this will not surprise you.
Boat has run 102.369 mph with an old Cross Flow Evinrude in a sanctioned SLDBA race. I ran in the 13.000 to 13.750 bracket.
Boat is in excellent condition and has been stored inside except when on the water.
1990 Johnson 225 Outboard
This is a fresh outboard with 3 hours break-in time only, on complete repower.
Powerhead was new from Southwest Marine to include;
New pistons, rings, seals, bearings, and gaskets.
Reed banks have been cleaned, blueprinted, and have Boyensen single stage reeds.
Engine has been deburred in intake and all water passages.
Six brand new carburetors, with new bodies, and new internal kits.
New powerpack.
6 new coils.
6 new spark plug wires.
New plugs.
Tested and tuned by professional boat shop.
EXTRA PARTS THAT GO WITH BOAT
Powerhead with crank and end caps.
Set of heads that have been milled .010” for higher compression [never used]
Enough parts to build six additional carburetors.
7 spare coils.
Spare intake manifold and reed cages with stainless steel reeds.
Spare lower unit that has a Land and Sea low water pickup nosecone, with new shift dogs.
4 rods with used pistons. One new 0.030” over piston.
Box of assorted nuts, bolts, and parts for powerhead.
Other assorted parts, linkages, shift rod, air box, wiring harnesses, and such.
TRAILER
Trailer is not the prettiest thing on the market but gets the job done.
It is a 1976 Roadrunner tandem axle trailer converted from a vee bottom trailer to a tunnel hull trailer. Everything has been welded, sandblasted, and painted brown. Tires have good tread. The trailer has served me well since 1976.
I am asking $10,000.00 for the entire package. I will consider delivering the boat within 500 miles of St. Louis, Missouri for $0.32 a mile.
Joel West
:D

superV
02-02-2004, 06:41 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/475westboat01-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/475westboat02-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/475westboat03-med.jpg

superV
02-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Also has a Land and Sea Jack Plate!

superV
02-02-2004, 08:40 AM
BTW this guy bought this boat brand new and has always keep it indoors for over 18yrs!;)

superV
02-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Ok guys whats the deal all these views and not reply:( Is it over priced? Or do these boats have a bad rep I dont know about?:confused: Its a really clean boats with new power and runs fast so whats the deal. Someone fill me in please:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
02-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Here's my $.02.
1. Most buyers in the midwest are looking to go fast period! Therefore, the STV, Mirage, and Allisons are the most popular. As a result, it is going to take someone who wants a west coast boat to pay $10K for that bad boy.
2. Trailer hurts the deal. Boat looks good, trailer doesn't.
3. For me at least, the colors hurt the boat. I have never been a big fan of brown. Just my opinion. There are people out there that will like the color.
I think the boat is priced about right. Not a bad deal, just going to take the right buyer.
Good Luck. :cool:

superV
02-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I would have to agree with you on all the above.It just seems like people are scared of these boats? I know they perform like shit in a jet but with all the talk about the liberators and outboards I would think someone would scoop this up considering there the same hull. Not to mention this bout will run 100mph no bull shit, but that is with all the interior out and using a fuel cell and propped to drag.

You Te
02-10-2004, 12:38 PM
What gears, what prop and what RPM does the motor turn when it's doing 100 MPH?
You Te

superV
02-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by You Te
What gears, what prop and what RPM does the motor turn when it's doing 100 MPH?
You Te
1:85/1, 30p seebold chooper, right about 7000rpm. 2.6 xp ported polished and milled ccc flex plate, low water pick up, nose cone 1' below pad 12° trim. :D
Are you calling bull shit!:cool:

Old Walrus
02-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Old Walrus here. This is my boat and my friend SuperVee has listed it for me. Now I have my own login and will keep posted on what is going on and answer any questions.
Thank you for looking and responding, and thanks to SuperVee for the initial post.
The Old Walrus

You Te
02-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Now why would you say I'm calling bullshit?
With the numbers you gave me that's about 97MPH to 98MPH at about 10% slip.
I was just wondering because you stated 100 MPH with a drag setup.
I guess you run a 30 pitch for drag racing.
You Te

Tom Brown
02-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Maybe he runs through hulls for dragging.

You Te
02-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Tom,
maybe the drag course is 1/2 mile in there parts.:confused:
You Te

Tom Brown
02-10-2004, 08:54 PM
... down river
By the way, I'm not here to pick anything apart technically. I just enjoy a good shtick. :D

superV
02-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Now why would you say I'm calling bullshit?
With the numbers you gave me that's about 97MPH to 98MPH at about 10% slip.
I was just wondering because you stated 100 MPH with a drag setup.
I guess you run a 30 pitch for drag racing.
You Te
Just cuz thats the 1st response allot of the time around here.And I have never ran this boat or know shit about O.B.

superV
02-11-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
... down river
By the way, I'm not here to pick anything apart technically. I just enjoy a good shtick. :D
Move along no shtick here people. Nothing to see :D
BTW Dont you have a dookie to take or something:rolleyes:

Old Walrus
02-11-2004, 06:42 AM
I know that all you guys out there are probably infinitely more savey than I about boats, motors, and such. I can tell that by some of the replys. 1/2 mile drag racing - comeon.
Now, none of you know me or have even heard of me, so doubting my integrity is not an option for you. You have not earned that right. If you don't believe what I have to say then leave it. I have no reason to lie or fabricate stories about my Scorpion. The event referred to was held on the Kaskaskia River, in September 1998. It was sanctioned by the St. Louis Drag Boat Club at Evansville, Illinois. If I still had the timing ticket, I would post it for the nay sayers, but I don't.
The course was layed out by hand, so it could have been shorter or longer than 1320 feet. We only had one set of Chrondeks so it is feasable that left lane boat started the clock and right lane boat shut the clock off.
Soooo make your own judgement I don't care one way or the other.
The Old Walrus

superV
02-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Old Walrus how about coming over to here http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40041 and introducing your self!;) Before we get this thread started......:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
02-11-2004, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the boards Old Walrus. Don't mind the nay sayers. You have a nice boat. Good Luck with the sale.
HD

Old Walrus
02-11-2004, 07:29 AM
Thank you Mr. Dreamin.
I don't mind the nay sayers, I can and have had as much fun stirring the pot as anyone.
I do love my Scorpion and am catching seven kinds of hell from the wife and daughter about posting it.
If Charlie Zalaudek or Tim Connelly from SLDBA are on here they may remember my boat.
If not "Oh Well"
The Old Walrus

Old Walrus
02-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Flyin the stinger
Old Walrus

You Te
02-12-2004, 04:56 PM
It's a slug.:D
You Te

Forkin' Crazy
02-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Just wondering, was that a stock crossflow?
Is the looper faster?

Old Walrus
02-13-2004, 07:55 AM
The old 2.6 Evinrude XP cross flow was equvilent to a Second Effort Stage Two. It was ported, polished, the rotating assembly balanced, pistons lightened, rods lightened and profiled, the intake manifold was compressed 3/8", ten port reed cages with Boyensen single action reeds, flowed carbs, Evinrude "CCC" flex flywheel, reworked starboard powerpack to remove rev limiter, heads milled .015" cc'd and profiled, all water passages were deburred and opened up for flow, removed stock fuel pump and oil injection and used 110 GPM Holley fuel pump regulated to 4 pounds,and mixed the oil in the fuel cell. Very little work was done to the intake or exhaust porting in the cylinder so port timing was not affected and low end torque was pretty good. With the balanced and lightened rotating assembly the throttle response was incredible. Most of the work I did myself with the help of Tom Harrod from Kentucky. He has been drag racing Evinrudes forever.
Can't really say if the Looper is faster or not. I just have breakin time on it, but it seems to pull a lot harder on low end than the Crossflow.
Can't wait until boating season gets here this spring to run it WOT.
Thanks for the reply. Take care.
The Old Walrus

superV
02-20-2004, 01:36 PM
It's a slug.:D
You Te
With wings:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
02-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by superV
With wings:rolleyes: