PDA

View Full Version : LHC Mortgage Lenders

Ivan Dan
02-03-2004, 05:35 PM
A while back there was a thread about a lender that works in Havasu that a lot of people from here have used and were happy. It was a lady and she posted on here too. Does anyone have any contact info for her? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
www.DanKaatz.com

1ASKYDV
02-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Her name is Debbie at River Valley mortgage, don't have the office phone #, but her partner is a friend of mine and he could help you.
Jason Fowler (928) 716-7499
Larry

Havasu Cig
02-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Her name is Debbie Oster, and # is 928-854-5363. She treated us very well.

Ivan Dan
02-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys much appreciated!
www.DanKaatz.com

Essex502
02-04-2004, 08:43 AM
We just refi'd our house with Debbie at River Valley. Very professional. It was the easiest, cleanest and quickest refi I have ever been through and that includes 4 in the last 3 years. She's great!

FRANK THE TANK
02-04-2004, 08:18 PM
She's really nice. She gave me a lot of free advice. I look forward to working with her in the future.

Floatin'
02-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Debbie did our loan and I wouldn't consider using anyone else.

Hallett
02-06-2004, 02:42 PM
THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON I WOULD CALL AND THAT IS DEBBIE
OSTER .

Mr.Havasu
02-07-2004, 07:44 AM
Me Too!
Debbie is the one!

BoatPI
02-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Why use a mortgage broker when you could go direct and not pay additional fees and comissions. Downey Savings has been my choice for several years.

Essex502
02-08-2004, 06:04 PM
'Cause I doubt Downey Savings would sit with us for nearly 10 hours over a 3 day period talking about constructions loans, land investment and rental properties. No offense, but a direct lender probably won't do this. Going with Debbie Oster is well worth much, much more than the small fees involved.

wing-n-it
02-08-2004, 07:57 PM
You all are way too kind. You have no idea how much I truly appreciate your kind words and support. I will always do my very best to help you any way I can and provide that "customer service" that is so hard to find anymore. For the record though, a mortgage broker will usually have many more loan programs available, can work with marginal credit, can be creative with down payment assistance, can shop rates for you, etc....
A bank will have only the products of that particular bank to offer, and if you don't fit into their guidelines, they can't help you. Some people fit into the box, but many more do not. There is always a place for the mortgage broker. Not all mortgage brokers (and not all banks) are good though. Many representatives of either entity are merely sales people, or order takers. They really don't know the "tricks of the trade" and aren't there when you have a question or concern. In most cases, I can, and will beat a banks price. It doesn't cost anymore to do business with ME than a bank, but if you don't fit into the box I can still get you a loan when the bank can't. I know that all the people on the boards here who have done business with me know that they got fair deals or I wouldn't be deserving of so many kind words.
My reputation with all of you is extremely important and I hope to never let any of you down. The only real service I have to offer that sets me apart from everyone else is that "customer service" thing, spending the time getting to know you, listening to what you say, and doing my best to help you achieve those goals you have set for yourselves in Lake Havasu. I've been doing this a long time and by doing business in this manner I am fortunate to make a nice living, have a strong referral network, and live in Lake Havasu full time. It's not always about the money. That just comes. Everyone has a right to make a living.
Thanks to all of you
Debbie Oster
:)

BoatPI
02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Excellent point. If you do not fit the box this is a complicated game to play. I am wary of mortgage brokers, having sued one years ago. Yet I realize many qualified experienced brokers work well within the loan industry. Last week retes for a second home were 5 3/4% no point, or 1.75 points at 5.25%. Remember points are deductable.
My onltyy advice to everyone not experienced is to obtain all commitments in writing including all fees before entering escrow. I realize estimates being what they are, but consumers should have insight into loan selling and the where with all to recgonize pitfalls like pre-payment penalties. Purchasing vacation homes, or "second residences" is quite simple, yet I have seen many folks over pay for a loan. Fannie Mae rates are near the botton again, so for a play house in Havasu, these are some of the best times to purchase and finance. And for income property in the proper location, this holds true too.
For those interested in Duplex purchases in Havasu, remember that rents are low, and in my opinion not likley to increase signifincantly soon. Pitfalls like cooking meth in your duplex, renters that is, can destroy the property and is often NOT covered by you homeowners insurance.
Just my 2 cents.
Oh, and does everyone own an Arizona stock known as Taser?
Stock has increased in vale 2,000%+ in the past year.

Essex502
02-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by BoatPI
Last week retes for a second home were 5 3/4% no point, or 1.75 points at 5.25%. Remember points are deductable.
Clarification: Points are deductable for a new purchase loan in the year the loan was secured. Refi's on the otherhand must be amortized over the length of the loan - unless you refi again and the "un"amortized points are immediately deductable.