PDA

View Full Version : Class C

LASERRAY
02-03-2004, 09:17 PM
In the market for one. Who makes a good one? I'm looking for a Big Block powerplant. Anyone? Thanks.

LASERRAY
02-06-2004, 12:43 AM
bump

JetBoatRich
02-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Get one with the V-10 from what I have seen. :)
I was looking at them couple years ago before we bought our Class A.

cheech
02-06-2004, 08:54 PM
i would go towards the GM motor 8.1 good power same motor workhorse use's in all there chassis.i think gm still makes a class c .the v-10 has had some issues on blowing plugs out of the head's.and they are a bitch to work on. and most dealer's will not work on them(won't fit on there hoist,or to busy and the mech.don't want to work on them. take each one for a test drive up a good steep high way and see if the power is acceptable to you.i think the allison is alot stronger trans then fords.

cheech
02-06-2004, 08:58 PM
make sure you are not going to out grow the class c. they are not as popular as the class a so if you do want to move up you might take a big hit trading it in. you can get some good class a that are used and low miles at a good price. and you don't hit your face on the overhead getting in the drivers seat from the back.

Mopar426
02-07-2004, 07:01 PM
I would go with a class A. I like sitting up high. The class C has too much wasted space. Most class A's have big blocks and a heavier towing capacity.

Mopar426
02-07-2004, 07:07 PM
This one I picked up for under 6 grand, but have over 10 invested in it. It only has 52,000 miles on the clock. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1223sports_coach1-med.jpg

LASERRAY
02-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Mopar426
I would go with a class A. I like sitting up high. The class C has too much wasted space. Most class A's have big blocks and a heavier towing capacity. I would rather go with the class a but i don't have the room for it and don't want to put it in storage. Thanks.;)

HighRoller
02-10-2004, 03:09 PM
If you are going to get a class C, try to get a Ford chassis so you can get the powerstroke. A gas engine in that size vehicle will die in the hills, overheat and drink gas like crazy. Diesel is the only way to go.

JetBoatRich
02-10-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
I would rather go with the class a but i don't have the room for it and don't want to put it in storage. Thanks.;)
new or used Ray?

cheech
02-10-2004, 09:13 PM
they put the 8.1 gas motor in the class A's fully loaded the will run 5o tp 55 up the cajon pass. if you put the 8.1 in a class C i don't think the hills are going to be a problem. but wth the diesel's there is alot more hp upgrades you can bolt on. and as far as the heating issue any up grades on the diesel is going to generate alot of heat under the very small dog house, right next to your wifes feet. there problem on class C is you do not have alot of room around the engine on either and the radiator can only be so big. most gas engines run just fine at 220* up to 230*

LASERRAY
02-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
new or used Ray? Used. Were planning on road trippin' down to Giant Rv and Mike Thompson's on Sunday. A friend of a friend just bought a 32' or 39' pre-owned Allegro class-A from Giant Rv in Monrovia last week. Got a sweet deal according to him and they went through the rig nine ways to sunday for him before delivery. I want a class A but i just can't fit it with the boat taking up half the access. My fifth wheel got broken into while in storage a couple of weeks ago so That's out of the question.

LASERRAY
02-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by cheech
they put the 8.1 gas motor in the class A's fully loaded the will run 5o tp 55 up the cajon pass. if you put the 8.1 in a class C i don't think the hills are going to be a problem. but wth the diesel's there is alot more hp upgrades you can bolt on. and as far as the heating issue any up grades on the diesel is going to generate alot of heat under the very small dog house, right next to your wifes feet. there problem on class C is you do not have alot of room around the engine on either and the radiator can only be so big. most gas engines run just fine at 220* up to 230* Thanks for the info cheech.:cool:

JetBoatRich
02-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Used. Were planning on road trippin' down to Giant Rv and Mike Thompson's on Sunday. A friend of a friend just bought a 32' or 39' pre-owned Allegro class-A from Giant Rv in Monrovia last week. Got a sweet deal according to him and they went through the rig nine ways to sunday for him before delivery. I want a class A but i just can't fit it with the boat taking up half the access. My fifth wheel got broken into while in storage a couple of weeks ago so That's out of the question.
I used to store my 34' at a place where a guy lived on the property. I was one of the first to rent there, so I was right outside his trailer. Problem was access after hours. I also still worried about break-ins. My rent was $35 and later $45 a month, hard to go wrong with that. I ended up moving it to my mother in-laws house. Tight fit on the side of the house, it is a lot closer, secure and free.
It may fit on the side of my house it I pull three pine trees and pour cement. Not sure I want to run and do this yet.
Good luck looking Ray, when we bought ours we looked at a lot of Class C's.