PDA

View Full Version : V-drive clubs

Cas
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Are there any out there with websites?
If so, I'd like to add their links to the Classic Hot Boats links page.
I just need those links :)

02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Steve, Look for AZDon's V-drive site. [www.V-driveboat.com] One of the best.

Cas
02-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks!
I added it to the v-drive thread and will add it to the links forum when I get back from work.
Feel free to add any others you may have :)

Sangster
02-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Try This.... (http://www.v-driveboats.com/)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-04-2004, 11:27 AM
There's the Classic v-drive club. I think the web site is :www.v-driveboats.com
They are out of the Fresno area and print a monthly newsletter.
Last time I checked membership dues were like $37.00 p/yr
Even though a lot of us aren't members anymore, founder Brian Lynch does get credit for bringing a lot of people together via his northern California run club.

Cas
02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
it's been added, Thanks!

Cas
02-04-2004, 12:10 PM
so has V-Drive Videos

BGMAN203
02-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
There's the Classic v-drive club. I think the web site is :www.v-driveboats.com
They are out of the Fresno area and print a monthly newsletter.
Last time I checked membership dues were like $37.00 p/yr
Even though a lot of us aren't members anymore, founder Brian Lynch does get credit for bringing a lot of people together via his northern California run club.
I didn't renew this past year, and he is still sending me newsletters!!! I can't see the point of paying ($37) to a man that doesn't know how to use spell or grammer check in his newsletters. He writes like a 2nd or 3rd grader would write. Plus all of his news is 2-3 mo in the past.

mouzer
02-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Is there still(www.classic v-drive club of america)up north ran by Brian Lynch or is that who your talking about? oh well.

SANGER-RICH
02-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by mouzer
Is there still(www.classic v-drive club of america)up north ran by Brian Lynch or is that who your talking about? oh well.
that link does not work

DaveA
02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
I didn't renew this past year, and he is still sending me newsletters!!! I can't see the point of paying ($37) to a man that doesn't know how to use spell or grammer check in his newsletters. He writes like a 2nd or 3rd grader would write. Plus all of his news is 2-3 mo in the past.
Stand by for rant mode in 3....2....1....
News? He had news? All I ever saw were out of date ads for the same boats month after month. The ads from old performance boating magazines were interesting, but I asked him for tech articles and how-to stuff on v-drives. Yea, yea, he'd say, and then nothing. And after I had to decipher his abominable grammar and typos, and contend with his humor (not) I passed on renewal after a couple of years.
Here I was in NC- east coast, hotbed of bass boating and all things clamp-on, and all I wanted was more information on v-drives...well, he DID hook me up with Steve McElroy...
After he stated something to the effect that if you took pictures at his events and had them published without his permission, you were in some sort of trouble, I said, this guy's outa control.
Rant mode OFF.
Whew! Thanks. Sorry for the hijacking...

Monkey Bung
02-04-2004, 07:05 PM
BGMAN, WHY DONT YOU START UP YOUR OWN NEWS LETTER!:mad: SINCE YOUR SO QUICK TO PICK APART BRIAN'S WORK. YOU SOUND LIKE NOTHIN BUT A PUNK. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE FIRST CLUE OF HOW MUCH TIME THAT GUY DOES FOR THE V-DRIVE GUYS. SO GO AHEAD PROFESSOR AND START YOUR OWN SO THE REST OF US IGNORANT STUDENTS CAN PICK APART YOUR NEWS LETTER!!! CLASS IS IN SESSION:yuk:

smalls
02-04-2004, 08:19 PM
DANG!

Sangster
02-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Tough Crowd.....

Moneypitt
02-04-2004, 08:39 PM
How about that JJ boob shot, eh!!

BGMAN203
02-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Monkey Bung
BGMAN, WHY DONT YOU START UP YOUR OWN NEWS LETTER!:mad: SINCE YOUR SO QUICK TO PICK APART BRIAN'S WORK. YOU SOUND LIKE NOTHIN BUT A PUNK. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE FIRST CLUE OF HOW MUCH TIME THAT GUY DOES FOR THE V-DRIVE GUYS. SO GO AHEAD PROFESSOR AND START YOUR OWN SO THE REST OF US IGNORANT STUDENTS CAN PICK APART YOUR NEWS LETTER!!! CLASS IS IN SESSION:yuk:
Alright let the SHIT slinging begin!!!
First of all, if I am going to be paying$$$ for a published "newsletter" I expect it to be gramatically correct and free of typos. All I was saying is that there are many errors in every months newsletter, some of them have always been there and never get corrected. Some of the mistakes are so bad that it makes the articles hard to read. It would really take 5 min with spell check, or have someone proof read the newsletter before you run it off at the printer or copy store.
Secondly, I can recall a few months back Brian had a 4 to 5 page copy of a vinatge hydroplane circle boat with a Allison helicopter engine. What the hell does that have to do with V-Drive stuff.
Thirdly, His reports are way outdated. You get a few pics from CFW Father's Day in Aug or Sept. Whats up with that??
Finally, I know that he does this in his free time, and its srtictly a hobby, but I can't seem to figure out why I pay $37 for a weak newsletter that I am lucky if I get once a month. Now lets do some math here....Brian claims that he has over 600 members in the CVDCOA. So 600*$37=$22,200. I may think I am a punk 24 year old, but that is more $$ than I usally make in 1 year. I know that he puts that money towards his V-drive outing and other small expences. But where does the rest of the money go?? Its obvious that he doesn't put that much money in the newsletter. The ads that people run in the newsletter should cover the cost of it, and then some. The way I figure it Mr. Lynch is having lunch on a lot of other v-drivers.
All I have stated above is FACT. If a offended anyone I am sorry, I am not one to really start shit with anyone, but your pissing me off Monkey Bung. DING....what was that???...oh I think that was the school bell!!! CLASS DISMISSED!!!
If you wanna talk to me about more call me (714) 686-0053
Brian

Cas
02-04-2004, 09:32 PM
ok Dick Wads! This is my friggin thread! Go argue somewhere else on your own damn thread :rolleyes:
Leave it to a jet guy to cause some shit huh?
:cool: and without even trying :D
Anyway, thanks to all who responded civily, I appreciate it :)

RaysonKid
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Wow,
And Hud was just wondering what was going on this winter..
Seems like these forums make a decent kind of news letter..
Hell, Even a little like a club.
Who shall we vote to be club President???

TRG
02-04-2004, 10:30 PM
this place is starting to look like another hb forum???:rolleyes:
why are you so upset "MONKEY BUNG",...does Lynch pack your lunches before school or something?
P.S. whats with all these bells ringing?...must be lunch time!! :eek:

Kimbo
02-04-2004, 10:32 PM
:(:confused: ???? JERRY, WHAT ABOUT THE V-DRIVE REPORTER? I KNOW IT'S NOT MUCH, BUT IT'S FREE AND WE DO USE SPELL CHECK! IT'S ONLY QUARTERLY, WE ENCOURAGE ARTICLES, OFFER CHEEP BUSINESS CARD AND PERSONAL ADS... AND WE EVEN USE YOUR PHOTO'S REGULARLY.
KIMBO:D

Kimbo
02-04-2004, 10:34 PM
opps! CHEEP SHOULD BE CHEAP. SORRY SPELL CHECK DOESN'T WORK HERE.....:D :(

Kindsvater Flat
02-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Kimbo could you hook a guy up with the newsletter?

Kimbo
02-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Sure... Email me your address at... kimbo.bruce@verizon.net That's all it takes and your on the mailing list.
Kimbo:)

Kindsvater Flat
02-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Sent it.
Thanks
Mike

BGMAN203
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Leave it to a jet guy to cause some shit huh?
:cool: and without even trying :D
I know you wern't refering to me being the "jet boat guy" RIGHT?? Because if you are you better do your HOMEWORK!

v-drive
02-05-2004, 06:44 AM
I have to admit that the first newsletter I got from them was interesting but when you get(almost) the same newsletter for a year and sometimes 3 weeks late you have to wonder what the hell is going on.I just went on there website and he still has the san antonio pics from 2001. Kimbo's is free and is better quality so keep it going Kimbo. If he is charging us $37.00 what is he charging the businesses ? I also declined when asked to re-subscribe :cool: v'drive

Jake W
02-05-2004, 06:48 AM
BG I think Cas was refering to him self as the jet shit starter.
Cas, dude did you say DICK WADS?
Jake:D

Hud
02-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Kimbo, I think your News Letter is the best. Billy B turned me onto it. Looking forward to meeting you in Needles. We will have to do some BBQ, Kung Fu style, lol's Hud.:D

Cas
02-05-2004, 08:31 AM
I know you wern't refering to me being the "jet boat guy" RIGHT?? Because if you are you better do your HOMEWORK!
Nope, wasn't reffering to you at all. I was actually reffering to myself :D

Cas
02-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Jake W
Cas, dude did you say DICK WADS?
Jake:D
Jake,
Sure did :D
I think there's a whole lot of cabin fever going on all over the place these days.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Kimbo
:(:confused: ???? JERRY, WHAT ABOUT THE V-DRIVE REPORTER? I KNOW IT'S NOT MUCH, BUT IT'S FREE AND WE DO USE SPELL CHECK! IT'S ONLY QUARTERLY, WE ENCOURAGE ARTICLES, OFFER CHEEP BUSINESS CARD AND PERSONAL ADS... AND WE EVEN USE YOUR PHOTO'S REGULARLY.
Kimbo, the question was "are there any clubs?", the reporter is a newsletter.
Although our group started out as a mutiny from a club, we never officially went back to club status (liability remember).
While we're on the subject...aren't we about due for another issue?:confused:

76BARRON
02-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Sure... Email me your address at... kimbo.bruce@verizon.net That's all it takes and your on the mailing list.
Kimbo:)
All you v-drive guy's and gal's out there give KIMBO a call she speak's the truth! she has a real nice news letter that she put's
out and it is in fact FREE! It's full of the good stuff!
I look forward to each and every issue!
KIMBO hope all is well with you now!!:)

superdave013
02-05-2004, 09:25 AM
www.riverratlife.com has a v drive section. It also has 3 raciing forums.

whiteknuckles
02-05-2004, 10:37 AM
My family and I went to a Classic V-Drive meet last year with another family and we really had a great time. There were so many nice people there with some terrific boats and a delicious barbque for everyone. I joined the club on the spot.
One of the things I like about this club is all the events in California. I'm not going to have to spend a day driving just to meet up with so many fun people that like boats. I recommend this club to families that want to have a great time with other families.
And the web site is v-drives, with an "s".

whiteknuckles
02-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I forgot. I like the news letter too. It always tells the events.

mouzer
02-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Kimbo, i get your news letter, i get all my info on the outings from there,dates ect, thanks again,(mouzer) mike in corona, and i think what brian linch started years ago was great,he is the father of the v-drive clubs,orange county boys,there a different breed all together.......its all good cheif..........hey Goul (bought your wing)mouzer.......

Joan of Arc
02-05-2004, 01:48 PM
If there is a legitimate reader here seeking a boating club, ignore this thread. Do your own research, "You decide". This thread is written by a bunch of guys(actually, a couple of guys w/a bunch of names) whose theory is "Attack the competition personally, destroy his reputation) then put my stuff up."
YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. Get a job, go back to work.
Now go ahead, flame on. Burn me at the stake for telling the truth.
Sign me, Joan of Arc

ssmike
02-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't recommend this newsletter....These people "Kimbo" and "The Body" are known con artists and use all the membership $$$ to pay for their expensive toys like Biesemeyer circle boats.
And we all know how expensive those boats can be!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Joan of Arc
( .....a couple of guys and gals w/a bunch of names)
Sign me, Joan of Arc
So how many names do you have????:eek:

v-drive
02-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Joan of Arc
If there is a legitimate reader here seeking a boating club, ignore this thread. Do your own research, "You decide". This thread is written by a bunch of guys(actually, a couple of guys w/a bunch of names) whose theory is "Attack the competition personally, destroy his reputation) then put my stuff up."
YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. Get a job, go back to work.
Now go ahead, flame on. Burn me at the stake for telling the truth.
Sign me, Joan of Arc
You are so full of bullvine skitollogy I could just SHIT!
:eek: v-drive

Boatmike
02-05-2004, 07:34 PM
WOW all the smack about spelling and grammer. I have been to a few Classic v-drive club of America's outings with my friends and family and have always had a great time. I am not a member but will be joining soon because in my opinion the club is not about newletters and spelling and grammer but it is about gathering with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and making new freinds with some of the best folks around. It's really about what Brian has done for the v-drive boating community and bringing back the glory of the v-drive boats in this part of the country. All I can say is that Brian has brought alot of people into the v-drive boating seen and some of those people have brought me into the v-drive seen I sold my 20ft bayliner and now I have two hydros, heck I even brought my brother into the seen and he bought his own v-drive boat, my family & I love to go to the outings and meet new people and check out everyones nice boats and I do mean everyones boats because everyone puts alot of effort into the boats that they own. I am sorry if I sound a little to passionate about the v-drive club and the whole seen but I think it's a nice thing that Brian has done with these outings. I have met alot of truly nice people as a result of the whole seen that he has started out here.
P.S. I hope i didn't offend anyone if my spelling or grammer was jacked!!!
I'm out! Boatmike,

Boatmike
02-05-2004, 08:14 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/753DSCF0038-med.JPG Da boats
V-drives baby!!

Cas
02-05-2004, 08:52 PM
good post Mike! It's exactly my feelings with just a little broader spectrum, I include a few more boats than just jets or v-drives. It's also the reason behind the LBBA, meeting new people with the same interests.
Now, is there any other clubs? or any other v-drive specific websites?
I already have quite a few sites for performance parts that are not really specific for just one certain kind of boat.

FLYTE RISK
02-06-2004, 05:30 PM
I have to agree I have met some pretty cool cats, from the C.V.D.C.O.A Bg man take a ride up to C.F.W on Fathers day or N.Y.D Not saying these are C.V.D.C.O.A events but they are published in the news letters! Misspelled or not! And you may just meet some pretty cool people.. Not to mention being a member Brian sets up with the N.J.B.A an event to run your boat through the lights with a time slip and TRUE M.P.H!!!!!!! Hate if you want but this is AMERICA so your opinion does count!!!!! have a wonderful day:cool: :cool:

mouzer
02-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Amen mike amen brother....and if those 2 hydros in the garage are yours.......you make me sick......they are hot..nice very very nice dude. your the man...........(mouzer)

Boatmike
02-06-2004, 05:50 PM
They are both mine. Hey i'll sell you one of them if you would like my woman is tired of me having two boats. The last time i had two boats i told her i would not own two boats at the same time again. But i did it again.

mouzer
02-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Right on,im looking at a 77 pickle up north in peices right now for3200,less motor,but i sold my 75 sanger shovel last year to a guy in texas,then i bought a jet big booboo,now im looking for a project hydro,yours are nice,and i do agree about brian,like i said before,he is the father of the v-drive clubs,and a super nice guy,and my wife hates my boats all together,maybe cause most were flatbottoms, shes just scared of them,well dont know if i want to drive 7 hrs north to see this hydro,was your red hydro in the classic v-drive video ? just wondering.

Maxey
02-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Boatmike,
You said it best. The club is about great people getting together with a shared interest (HOT BOATS) and having a good time. I have been a member for about 5 years now. Dimarco Runner Bottom first and now, (getting older) a Sanger Mini Day Cruiser w/Whipplecharged BBC. The people that attack Brian for his Newsletter can go take a flyin F...... as far as I am concerned. I look forward to receiving it and making plans for outings.

Monkey Bung
02-07-2004, 11:16 PM
BGMAN......My point is.If you dont know the man,or know how much time he spends setting up functions,typing NEWSLETTERS about v-drives.Don't talk shit. As far as your phone number say it here since you where the one that started ragging on someone you don't even know! HERE IS MY #(925)437-6163. HOPE TO HERE FROM YA.

CircleJerk
02-08-2004, 12:05 AM
In response to the errors found in the Classic newsletter, I have sent in news from our area, only to see it retyped incorrectly. The news was still reported whereas this magazine could care less! I believe Brian has done a good job in organizing the first of its kind totally v-drive campouts and for out of state v-drivers, the newsletters function is primarily to put new members in touch with the old, while entertaining with the nostalgic ads. Those phone lists are awsum and gave me a direct line to INFORMATION through the wonderful members. If I had subscribed earlier, my search for parts to fill an empty hull would have taken 30 days instead of 2 years of hunting local swap meets! It's great for a know-nothing new boater and continues to be a source of new Washington folks for me to invite to our race-campouts. For these and many other reasons, thank you Brian. Oh forgot, I have found many race boats for the folks up here to buy in his news. So you could say in a way it's helped the Californian economy. And, to this day, continues to set the bar as the largest club of it's type, period. Who cares about spelling? Mine sucks to but you get my drift......don't you? UnEducatEdJeRkoZiod and glad it's a free country! Start your own club.......I did and its a lot like WORK!:wink:

Moneypitt
02-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Circle J, I have to agree with you thats it is all good!!. If anyone benefits from any of these "clubs" then somebody is doing something right. I went to a "classic V drive club" get together at San Antonio lake a couple of years back for "Haloween". There was candy for the kids, Jackolanterns on the docks, and a great time was had by all. The fact that "I" had a (jet) meant nothing to anybody there.......and we all had a great time. Boaters are boaters, families are families, kids are THE future of our sport, regardless of their boat choices, we all are trying to maintain this addiction we call boating, and we must remain unified against the powers that be to continue our addictions without additional laws and regulations that are on the edge of restricting us into the world of "use to BEs"............Lets get Arnold (gov) out in a hot boat ASAP and MAYBE, just MAYBE, we can preserve our choices into the next generation!!!!!!! .......Moneypitt

CircleJerk
02-08-2004, 01:48 AM
OHH good idea for arnold....Yes, I forgot to mention kids. Our racers all have them and it has been great in becoming one big family at least a week end at a time! That's why I am trying to run three boats, one is new driver trainer that a 5 year old could drive! Of course, sitting in Grampas lap....:)

BGMAN203
02-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Monkey Bung
BGMAN......My point is.If you dont know the man,or know how much time he spends setting up functions,typing NEWSLETTERS about v-drives.Don't talk shit. As far as your phone number say it here since you where the one that started ragging on someone you don't even know! HERE IS MY #(925)437-6163. HOPE TO HERE FROM YA.
Obviously your a buddy of Brian's, thats fine. I can understand why what I have to say might piss ya off, but it doesn't change the facts that I stated earlier. Yes club get togethers are great, phone list, and all that other shit is ok too. Oh and if you want me to call you maybe you should tell me what your name is, I don't wanna ask for "Monkey Bung" when someone answers the phone!

mfrey
02-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Brian L. and his better half are extremely nice, sincere people. The kind of people we need more of in this sport and elsewhere. He's done a lot for the sport...I wouldn't be racing occasionally if we (the club) weren't invited to do so with NJBA...and I wouldn't have met all the great people in the club. If you know Brian, it really doesn't matter how he spells.

Kindsvater Flat
02-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Obviously your a buddy of Brian's, thats fine. I can understand why what I have to say might piss ya off, but it doesn't change the facts that I stated earlier. Yes club get togethers are great, phone list, and all that other shit is ok too. Oh and if you want me to call you maybe you should tell me what your name is, I don't wanna ask for "Monkey Bung" when someone answers the phone!
But that IS his name :D

Stab-n-Steer
02-09-2004, 09:07 PM
I have been a member of the CVDCOA since '96 and I finally had to pull the plug this year. Not to criticize Brian, he was the first to organize a club for our sport but in my opinion he has done less and less over the years... This club could be so much more. It needs to evolve and it hasn’t… Lets face it, the newsletter and the website are crap. What am I getting for my $37.00? :confused: Not much... Brian actually organizes only 2 outings a year where in years past it was more like 5 or 6. I just can't stomach reading his 3rd grade spelling and grammar anymore. A quick spell check would solve most of the mistakes... He writes a 50-word intro, copies articles out of old magazines and runs the same adds every month and calls it a newsletter? :rolleyes: The 2 months he does the member listing is a waste of time in my opinion... A few months back he did a "profile" on the "California Girls" Crackerbox race team. The rider, Courtney Cooke, was referred to as Courtney Cox. :confused: Maybe he was watching "Friends" as he compiled the newsletter... Anyway, all of you that find value in the CVDCOA, that's great. For me, it just doesn't do it for me anymore...
S&S

BGMAN203
02-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Stab-n-Steer
I have been a member of the CVDCOA since '96 and I finally had to pull the plug this year. Not to criticize Brian, he was the first to organize a club for our sport but in my opinion he has done less and less over the years... This club could be so much more. It needs to evolve and it hasn’t… Lets face it, the newsletter and the website are crap. What am I getting for my $37.00? :confused: Not much... Brian actually organizes only 2 outings a year where in years past it was more like 5 or 6. I just can't stomach reading his 3rd grade spelling and grammar anymore. A quick spell check would solve most of the mistakes... He writes a 50-word intro, copies articles out of old magazines and runs the same adds every month and calls it a newsletter? :rolleyes: The 2 months he does the member listing is a waste of time in my opinion... A few months back he did a "profile" on the "California Girls" Crackerbox race team. The rider, Courtney Cooke, was referred to as Courtney Cox. :confused: Maybe he was watching "Friends" as he compiled the newsletter... Anyway, all of you that find value in the CVDCOA, that's great. For me, it just doesn't do it for me anymore...
S&S
See I am not the only one who feels this way Monkey Bung. "Don't hate the player, hate the game"!:eek:

bigkatboat
02-09-2004, 09:59 PM
For you NEW GUYS, Brian was NOT THE FIRST! I had a number of people contact me thruout the 80's talking about this EXACT idea. One guy had the letters NDBA for his club, and he came down thruout the southern California area on a 3 month promotion tour. A few years ago I sent Brian photo copies of 60's and 70's boat ad's and info, he NEVER shared it with the club members! I can look at it anytime, but I wanted all of the club members to 'enjoy' the pix, and prices (1970's) and the info. Brian was too busy giving Bob Barron (just an example) a FREE membership and generally SHMOOZING all of the big bullshitters! It is one thing to seek out help/ famous guys, but to FU%K all of the loyal members to promote HIMSELF, is BS! I haven't seen that much ass kissing since Julia Roberts and Richard Gere were on Rodeo Drive (Pretty woman) I do believe he spends a lot of time working on the "club", I understand he quit his job to do the club FULL TIME! That means your $37 whatever, is paying his way, not promoting your sport! (gratis) I'm too old to camp-out any more but when my friend and I are told to "STOP TAKING PHOTOS AT MY EVENT" by Brian, and he is talking about Red Rock, I just won't take any more SHIT from that JACKASS! He has never been to Red Rock, Has He? I knew the owner (of RED ROCK) very well, when I went there and the owner said I could do what ever I wanted. (but no fights) Brian has not done a great deal for V-drive boats, the history was written long ago, but Brian is trying to 'profit' on the BACKS and BODIES of those who made the history. I do feel that he really is into boats, but his 'use' of history and the 'club members' has served him well to this point. However as more members wake up to the fact that this is the "promote Brian" club, the numbers drop, and other groups form. I hope those other groups are more 'fun' and 'laidback', and not so 'business' oriented. How's my spelling and grammar?

BGMAN203
02-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Since I have been appointed to be the quote "grammer patrol", I give you an A. :D :cool:

bigkatboat
02-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I just want you all to know that I NEVER took my foot off of the up pedal durring that rant! I know my ET was not too good, but I drove it all the way thru! :yuk:

superdave013
02-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bigkatboat
I just want you all to know that I NEVER took my foot off of the up pedal durring that rant! I know my ET was not too good, but I drove it all the way thru! :yuk:
I'll stay out of all the bashing on this one. I don't know the guy and have never read his news letter. I've always ment to join but just never did. (Just wanted to do it to try and sell more bearing pullers, swap gears and make a KILLING :rolleyes: off you guys) :cool: lol
But anyway I had to comment on the above quote.
Bigkat, that was freaking great!! "never took my foot off of the up pedal during that rant" !! I love it
"but I drove it all the way thru!" Gotta love it when a guy don't lift! :D

Kindsvater Flat
02-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Man that is a quote of the year. I never really paid that much attention to the grammer of the letter until now. Oh well.:rolleyes:

1st Timer
02-10-2004, 07:54 PM
ya'll are a bunch of angry hatin biatches. If you can't afford the whole $37, don't sunscribe and shut the ---- up. we sure don't ned all the negativty around this wondrfull forum. let me ask you people a question; did Brian solicate you to become a member? thats what I thought....jackasses.

Stab-n-Steer
02-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 1st Timer
ya'll are a bunch of angry hatin biatches. If you can't afford the whole $37, don't sunscribe and shut the ---- up. we sure don't ned all the negativty around this wondrfull forum. let me ask you people a question; did Brian solicate you to become a member? thats what I thought....jackasses.
1st Timer,
Put down the beer and step away from the computer! :D Angry? No... Hating? Definitely not. Just being honest. What's wrong with that? Most of us have expressed our opinion in a civil manner, unlike you... So let me lower myself to your level... Here's your spelling and grammar check... "hatin"= hating, "biatches" = bitches, "sunscribe"= subscribe, "ned" = need, "negativty" = negativity, "wondrfull" = wonderful, "solicate" = solicit, "thats" = that's (as in "that is")...
Hope this helps in your future communications...
S&S

Brodie
02-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 1st Timer
first time makes me laugh....hes funney
why are you so angerey all the time??

Rexone
02-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Boatmike
They are both mine. Hey i'll sell you one of them if you would like my woman is tired of me having two boats. The last time i had two boats i told her i would not own two boats at the same time again. But i did it again.
Sounds like it's time to get a 3rd so you can be true to your word. :D

Cas
02-10-2004, 11:30 PM
someone mention "laid back"? :)
Laid Back Boaters Association (www.laidbackboaters.com)
:D

HM
02-11-2004, 09:54 AM
I had been a member of the CVDCOA for so long, I can't remember..but I did not renew this last year.
$37 is not much(although I have REAL magazine subscriptions for less)...but that newsletter was not worth the stamps. Spell check is only one click away, and some of the editorials seemed like they were written at Beer-thirty - had a trailer-park trash ring to them. Many seemed rushed to meet the 3 week late deadline.
Brian is a cool guy who occasionally put a personal hand written note on my newsletter about seeing my boat somewhere and so forth - that was a nice personal touch that made me feel loved. But, the spelling was sucking my will to live.
AZcommies web site is pretty cool, if you are a commie pinko bastard who has a problem with authority figures.

bigkatboat
02-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Yes, you are right about Az. Don, he does have a lot of "politics" inside of him. I also must say that he is "the REAL deal" (and his son Nick), they both have fulltime work/ school and work on the site every day. The boats, fun times, and people are "their" targets, the site is not a self promotion. The fact that they decided to change the name, was to direct all efforts toward the boats and not at any one person. (Az.Don) They want to promote a free exchange of ideas and questions, if a party or two just happens to spring up, 'great'. The $10 deal is very cheap, compaired to the new equipt. and software that they are constantly buying. Don't tell Don's wife, but I know that the site costs him money every month. I am 180 degrees away from his politics, but a guy who eats, sleeps, DRINKS, V-drive boats (and hot rods) cann't be all bad.

SANGER-RICH
02-15-2004, 06:40 PM
I was told tha the CVDCOA puts on some good events for amature v-drivers:D Where and when are these events:cool:
Does anyone have a schedule. Also I ned to know when lake ming is having their main event. I want to be there

Kindsvater Flat
02-15-2004, 08:23 PM
CVDCOA holds one event a year thats at Lake San Antonio, members only. The other events are attend at your own risk so then its not really a CVDCOA event. They way I understand it is that if you have an event and are member it sounds like it automatically becomes a CVDCOA event unless there is any trouble.

DaveA
02-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
CVDCOA holds one event a year thats at Lake San Antonio, members only. The other events are attend at your own risk so then its not really a CVDCOA event. They way I understand it is that if you have an event and are member it sounds like it automatically becomes a CVDCOA event unless there is any trouble.
Sounds like BL trying to distance himself from personal liability for 'unforeseen/unpredictable' events...like beads...wimmen...booze...and the predictable outcome...after all he's the owner/officer of the club and could take a real hit if something happened and somebody got their Depends in a twist.:D

AzDon
02-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by HolyMoly
AZcommies web site is pretty cool, if you are a commie pinko bastard who has a problem with authority figures.
Wow! Thanks, I think (??) Holy Moly! Was that a compliment? Why is it that folks that disagree with my political Idee-ology feel the need to curse me and call me names? I'm civil and willing to be anybody's friend, even if I believe they're misguided in their political leanings. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?
My spat with BL has been well documented here, so I got nothing to ad personally. It wood be heresay ifn I was to say that a sirten filmmaker told me that BL copied and sold more videos then he had on con sign ment.

RaysonKid
02-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Yes, you are right about Az. Don, he does have a lot of "politics" inside of him. I also must say that he is "the REAL deal" (and his son Nick), they both have fulltime work/ school and work on the site every day. The boats, fun times, and people are "their" targets, the site is not a self promotion. The fact that they decided to change the name, was to direct all efforts toward the boats and not at any one person. (Az.Don) They want to promote a free exchange of ideas and questions, if a party or two just happens to spring up, 'great'. The $10 deal is very cheap, compaired to the new equipt. and software that they are constantly buying. Don't tell Don's wife, but I know that the site costs him money every month. I am 180 degrees away from his politics, but a guy who eats, sleeps, DRINKS, V-drive boats (and hot rods) cann't be all bad.
Yep, Its all good.
Just be sure and play (strictly) by their rules.

AzDon
02-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by RaysonKid
Yep, Its all good.
Just be sure and play (strictly) by their rules.
Have I made somebody mad? Is there a story here? If I did somebody wrong, I'll gladly apologize and mail you a beer! :D :D

RaysonKid
02-17-2004, 11:58 PM
No, No story here.
Tried your site once before.
Got my hand slaped.
Now I share knowledge and photos here.
Without promoting anything.
Well, maybe just having fun in V-drives and Nostalgia circle racing..
:D

hondo sanger
02-18-2004, 12:00 PM
ok, i am not good english major. my spelling is so bad even spell
check cant figure it out. i do belong to v-drive club, met lot nice folks.$37.00 dollars i dont fell is steep for dues. one outing, food they serve is well worth price. i live in washington. so i cant make
it to all of them. i look forward to news letter since i cant spell.
it looks good to me. if you think brian is making living on $22000.
year . your life style is why you have time to worrie about
brian getting rich & spelling in news letter. you need to get life.
a lot of guys in the club, $22000. is beer money . for one year.
so find a nother form bitch on, bad mouth people!!! that you dont even know!!!!!!!!!! ASSHLE ASSHLE
bitch about me leaving out the ' O '
HONDO SANGER
AL VETO
BELLINGHAM,WASH.