PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Music Kegs

blackcloud75
02-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Anybody out there running a kenwood music keg???Is it better than a CD changer?

ROZ
02-04-2004, 07:48 PM
It sure holds a lot more music :D
I spoke to one of the engineers at Kenwood about the keg when it came out. He said they designed it to withstand some unorthidox applications, such as boats and offroad vechicles, as well as to hold a grip of songs.
We no longer carry Kenwood, but maybe someone in the audio/video section could let you know what a today's prices are like...
:)

blackcloud75
02-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up.....I was looking for a practical aspect vs. a sales pitch...

ROZ
02-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by blackcloud75
Thanks for the heads up.....I was looking for a practical aspect vs. a sales pitch...
My vocabulary selection and sentence structure was poor, sorry.
I guess I should have said is that I don't know the cost benefits (changer vs Keg) since we no longer carry their gear...
The keg use to be a lot of money....

Outnumbered
02-05-2004, 01:22 AM
crutchfield has them in there new mag, should be on line too

bear down
02-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Just saw it yester day at Best Buy for $269.00.

RVRKID
02-06-2004, 11:59 AM
The way you drink you should definitely go with the keg over the changer!!

BENZEEN
02-09-2004, 12:50 PM
BlackCloud,
I just baught one at christmas. I am almost done putting my playlists together. It does hold a lot of music. I have installed it in my boat, I just have not inserted the cartridge yet. When I fiddle with it a little more I will give you an update. If you are going to buy one, Best Buy has the best price on it.
-Vik

Froggystyle
02-09-2004, 09:05 PM
After my meeting today, it looks like they are going to come stock in every Trident.
Totally cool technology. Bombproof against skipping. Lots of music too.

blackcloud75
02-11-2004, 07:16 PM
RVRkid,
When Your along for a ride I might have to have a total of 3.
One for you, one for PK, one for me.
Corn dog

Roland the Fisherman
02-13-2004, 07:00 AM
I do alot of work for the Kenwood home office and get to try their new toys at very good prices.
For the river and out of area trips the Keg for your favorite tunes and Sirus sat. reciever for mixing it up is all I ever want. Around town day to day I tune into talk. Besides that, you can shove AM/FM and all the bull shit that goes with them.
As far as $259 cost goes.....one of the services I preform for Kenwood has to do with their price lists and I can tell you that is a bunch below last years dealer cost.
Rolland

You Te
02-13-2004, 07:17 AM
What other services do you perform Roland?:confused: :D
You Te

Roland the Fisherman
02-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Ask your wife UT........and by the way, where the hell is my coper sign sample?
Roland

phebus
02-14-2004, 06:29 AM
I'm new to this stuff, so I need someone to explain the new technology to me. I was going to get an i-pod with the hook up that allows you to play it through your stereo (any stereo, boat or car). Is there an advantage to the music keg, or is it the same thing just a different platform?
Thanks

Roland the Fisherman
02-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
You Te, I thought you said you weren't going to be doing no mo signs for friends.. no win situation.
RD
Being as though you feel the need to put you nose in it River Dave, I will splane it to you, ........UT is no friend of mine.:yuk:
Roland

The Duke
02-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Roland the Fisherman
Being as though you feel the need to put you nose in it River Dave, I will splane it to you, ........UT is no friend of mine.:yuk:
Roland
Had you not posted it in a PUBLIC forum, nobody would have felt the need to "put their nose on it." You posted looking for some type of response ya nim whit!

Roland the Fisherman
02-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by The Duke
Had you not posted it in a PUBLIC forum, nobody would have felt the need to "put their nose on it." You posted looking for some type of response ya nim whit!
I'm sorry......and who are you?

The Duke
02-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Shouldn't you be printing price sheets?
Just like you, a nodody on the internet.
Do you spell your name with one or two L's ? You signed off with L's on one ofyour posts, but your avitar has only one. I hope you don't make those kind of mistakes when you print . :D

The Duke
02-16-2004, 12:08 PM
I guess I should have replied, "Do you really care?"
I didn't think so.

Roland the Fisherman
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Shouldn't you be printing price sheets?
Just like you, a nodody on the internet.
Do you spell your name with one or two L's ? You signed off with L's on one ofyour posts, but your avitar has only one. I hope you don't make those kind of mistakes when you print . :D
I'm not so sure.....you'll have to ask jetboatguru, he's the one who gave me the name.:(
Rollland

You Te
02-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey Roland, I asked my wife about your services and she started laughing.
You Te

Kim Hanson
02-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I guess I should have replied, "Do you really care?"
I didn't think so.
I do! You want to whine, do it at me! Please!.........( . )( . ).....:cool:

ROZ
02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I do! You want to whine, do it at me! Please!.........( . )( . ).....:cool:
I don't think duke is whining.....I think he was sayin that if RF didn't want anyone like RD questioning anything, then he shouldn't have posted it on the ***boat forums...
I think the quote that you quoted(:D ) means who really gives a shit....
That will be $500....I charge 250 per hour...2 hour minimum :p
ROZ PhD... :D
Anyone up for any electric shock therapy?

Roland the Fisherman
02-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Gentlemen, gentelmen .....please. UT is not a friend, he is a good friend on and off the water. Helps me a bunch with the skeeter. RD and I have never met but don't have any problems now or in the past. I was joking with both of them.
Repeat after me "It's been a long winter, we are going to make it. It's been a long........":)

Roland the Fisherman
02-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
I don't think duke is whining.....I think he was sayin that if RF didn't want anyone like RD questioning anything, then he shouldn't have posted it on the ***boat forums...
I think the quote that you quoted(:D ) means who really gives a shit....
That will be $500....I charge 250 per hour...2 hour minimum :p
ROZ PhD... :D
Anyone up for any electric shock therapy?
Do you take checks?

ROZ
02-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Do you take checks?
Maybe we should be paying you for calling us "Gentlemen"( not once, but twice) ......
Paypal ?

Roland the Fisherman
02-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Maybe we should be paying you for calling us "Gentlemen"( not once, but twice) ......
Paypal ?
I'm fairly new to the boards, so you are all gentlemen until proven differently. :wink:

ROZ
02-17-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm fairly new to the boards, so you are all gentlemen until proven differently. :wink:
Got that Duke and Hansen :D

LVjetboy
01-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Back to the keg, will it misread in rough water or mounted next to a couple 10" subs? When I put extra subs up front, my disk player skipped short of full volume. Also, any special interface need to hook to the controller? My Sony's about 8-9 years old.
jer

ROZ
01-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Back to the keg, will it misread in rough water or mounted next to a couple 10" subs? When I put extra subs up front, my disk player skipped short of full volume. Also, any special interface need to hook to the controller? My Sony's about 8-9 years old.
jer
If you have an aux in, why not use an IPOD or the like?
You can get a Kenwood RF modulator to play the keg through your stereo. Sony also has other aux in interfaces available...