PDA

View Full Version : Mach 22 ?

HARDIN18
02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know how the Mach 22 handles Havasu? I can't afford a 26 but am considering a 22. Besides I like the Idea off doing 125 mph. with the two 2.5 ss's.

Reaper1
02-05-2004, 03:53 PM
In a Mach 22 you'll get beat up in the afternoon chop at Havasu. Hell, I've been tossed around in a 27' Vee bottom. The Mach 22 would make a bitchen river boat especially set up with the 2.5's.
Also consider insurance, theres been a couple guys on here trying to sell the same boat with no luck because of insurance reasons.
Reaper

HARDIN18
02-05-2004, 04:20 PM
You don't have to have insurance on the boat if it is paid off do you?

CMABadseed
02-05-2004, 04:28 PM
will it be locked down never used and immpossible to be stolen or launched?
accidents, thieves, injury and stuff like that. very important to protect yourself and family and your investment IMO.

Havasu Cig
02-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Insurance has been a problem for some, like was stated above. You have to think about liability. Running a High Performance boat without insurance would be crazy!!!

UnionJack
02-05-2004, 08:02 PM
If you cant do insurance, you shouldn't be on the lake cause if your boat hits someone, they will own you. Also do not lie to your insurance, if they find out you lied to them they will not cover you and then your really screwed

cruser
02-05-2004, 08:26 PM
So, why not carry an umbrella policy for liability instead? And if the boat is at home, is it covered by the home owners if stolen, especially while in the garage? Not too sure about that though. What happens if it attached to your car?
cruzer

CEO
02-05-2004, 08:34 PM
I just recieved my insurance policy, $1250. per. Being slow does have it's advantages, not many though!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showgallery.php?thumb=1&cat=500&si=ceo&perpage=12&sort=2&stype=&ppuser=

UnionJack
02-05-2004, 08:51 PM
When is the finish date....

CEO
02-05-2004, 09:14 PM
March 5th, but I am in no hurry. It is finally taking shape.

Ivan Dan
02-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey CEO~ What motor and drive set up did you go with?
www.DanKaatz.com

fourspeednup
02-06-2004, 12:11 AM
What happens if it attached to your car?
On mine, the car insurance covers it.:cool:

LevoeDCB22
02-06-2004, 02:41 AM
I loved my 22 on any chop unless there was white on top, then it could get a lil ugly. In a perfect world id have a 22 for the nice days and the 26 for the not so nice ones

TOBTEK
02-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Like all said above.....the greatest river boat Ive ever been in(amazing over small to mid sized chop!)...PERIOD! BUT Ive heard horror stories of Havasu when the wind comes up. Less/Zsarco that used to post on here almost barrel rolled his 22 on havasu :confused: BUT who know what and how he was driving it???? I had mine out there late last year, went everywhere and had a blast....Went from the gourge past cooper cyn in the afternoon with pretty good sized chop....Without a problem. COMMON SENSE would have to play a big part in your saftey, IF and WHEN it gets rough....go and kick back in the channel and check out the "front wipers":D
As far as the insurance issues.....twins are expensive, BUT you have to pay to play right..... OR I know a really nice 2003 MACH22 with a single 300X that will do 90MPH and the insurance is only 700.00 a year:D thats for sale currently;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135hiddenshores_009-med.jpg

TRIMDOG
02-06-2004, 08:09 PM
We love ours, but there have been a few "wet" afternoons. Such as windy Saturdays at Havasu, or coming back from Hoover dam @ Mojave. The upside is 70 mph. + through moderate chop (we only have a single with a 300x), and 80+ minimum depending on prop selection on smoother water. Plus you can ski or tube the kids and anybody launch or retrieve it easily. I wish I had twins, but am hoping for quick development of that four stroke we keep hearing about. TOBTEK if you read this pm me or post your insurance guy's #. If I got insurance for $700 I promise to buy you a seriously large amount of cold sodies.

Boatmaster
02-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Just for the record I have a great 2000 Mach 22 fully loaded with twin 280s for sale. Drew 925-895-3168 or 925-828-5775.

TOBTEK
02-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TRIMDOG
We love ours, but there have been a few "wet" afternoons. Such as windy Saturdays at Havasu, or coming back from Hoover dam @ Mojave. The upside is 70 mph. + through moderate chop (we only have a single with a 300x), and 80+ minimum depending on prop selection on smoother water. Plus you can ski or tube the kids and anybody launch or retrieve it easily. I wish I had twins, but am hoping for quick development of that four stroke we keep hearing about. TOBTEK if you read this pm me or post your insurance guy's #. If I got insurance for $700 I promise to buy you a seriously large amount of cold sodies.
trimdog.........right after ALLSTATE wrote my policy, The MACH22 ALSO made their DO NOT insure list. Along with the MACH26, MACH29 and 34....LUCKLY im grandfatherd in for now. I was talking with my ins guy, telling him I wanted to do a different 22 or 26...."I would be looking for a new ins co", If we built a new boat....Bummer. I maybe loving our 22 and the 686.00 ins bill for awhile:D

TRIMDOG
02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
trimdog.........right after ALLSTATE wrote my policy, The MACH22 ALSO made their DO NOT insure list. Along with the MACH26, MACH29 and 34....LUCKLY im grandfatherd in for now. I was talking with my ins guy, telling him I wanted to do a different 22 or 26...."I would be looking for a new ins co", If we built a new boat....Bummer. I maybe loving our 22 and the 686.00 ins bill for awhile:D Yeah, I would send in your renewal money next day express the day you get the bill. Mine is three times that, plus I have to get an umbrella to get the coverages high enough to minimize the chance of some sea -do rider who did a doughnut in front of me moving into my house after I'm done paying for his rehabilitation. Your boat sounds like it is really tight so keeping it doesn't seem like it would be a bad thing. Being a low freeboard guy at Havasu or even the river on some days can be almost sorta original which isn't always a bad thing either.