PDA

View Full Version : Teddy said it best

MagicMtnDan
03-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Not Teddy Kennedy - this Teddy is Theodore Roosevelt and here are his ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Mohave Vice
03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Aman!!!!!!

Midlife Advantage
03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Amen.

the_gray_goose
03-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Not Teddy Kennedy - this Teddy is Theodore Roosevelt and here are his ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Now that was a great american!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Teddy was one of the best presdents we every had... we need to legalize cloning to bring him back.....

Rexone
03-27-2006, 10:26 PM
The recent illegal immigration protest in LA with the Mexican Flag waving folks screaming how proud they are to be Mexican just rubs my ass raw a little. My guess is Teddy would be shipping their sorry freeloading asses home until they met the "legal immigration" criteria.
Our government is such a bunch of pansys on this issue it makes me puke, from Bush right down through the ranks of congress. It has all to do with political popularity and money and nothing to do with what is right to demand of people as Americans, not to mention compliance with existing immigration law.

MagicMtnDan
03-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Where are the politicians representing the USA? Who is standing up to preserve this country and what, for the past 240 years, has made this a great nation? Where are the politicians who believe in the basic fundamentals that the founding fathers believed in? Where is our leadership in this time of crisis dealing with the key issues:
* Muslim extremists who are out to kill us all
* China dumping products in the rest of the world
* Securing our borders and keeping illegal immigrants OUT
* Nuclear weapons in Iran and North Korea threatening the world
* Understanding who our friends are (for example, they're not the Russians or Chinese)
We are at a crossroads that requires this nation's leaders to step up and be accounted. Where are they (who are they)??? :cry:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-28-2006, 06:55 AM
The recent illegal immigration protest in LA with the Mexican Flag waving folks screaming how proud they are to be Mexican just rubs my ass raw a little. My guess is Teddy would be shipping their sorry freeloading asses home until they met the "legal immigration" criteria.
Our government is such a bunch of pansys on this issue it makes me puke, from Bush right down through the ranks of congress. It has all to do with political popularity and money and nothing to do with what is right to demand of people as Americans, not to mention compliance with existing immigration law.
Correct on all counts, I'm sad to say.

cdog
03-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Where are the politicians representing the USA? Who is standing up to preserve this country and what, for the past 240 years, has made this a great nation? Where are the politicians who believe in the basic fundamentals that the founding fathers believed in? Where is our leadership in this time of crisis dealing with the key issues:
* Muslim extremists who are out to kill us all
* China dumping products in the rest of the world
* Securing our borders and keeping illegal immigrants OUT
* Nuclear weapons in Iran and North Korea threatening the world
* Understanding who our friends are (for example, they're not the Russians or Chinese)
We are at a crossroads that requires this nation's leaders to step up and be accounted. Where are they (who are they)??? :cry:
Sad to say but it will take a revolt by the mass's of this county before the culture of money, greed and sell out's are booted from their pedistals. We are nothing but consumers these days. The bill of rights and constitution mean nothing anymore. CA has proved that.
Yes, Teddy was a true leader.