PDA

View Full Version : Watch out Ca Higher taxes are on our way with prop 56.

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2004, 09:40 AM
As many of you know the farthest left members of our state legislature have put a ballot measure (prop 56) whose goal is to lower the 2/3 requirement for tax increases to 55%. I have seen one TV add and heard one radio add. Neither even mentions the essential element and prime purpose. Both adds were among the most misleading adds I have ever seen our heard. This measure is very sneaky it is being sold as budget reform and there is much window dressing claim it will stop the gridlock over passing a state budjet. However what the adds won't mention is that it will do that by pressuring legislators to raise taxes. The scary thing is all of the states left leaning organizations and public employee unions are supporting it with lots of mony and the main opposition is only from taxpayer groups that are not nearly as well funded. We are in trouble folks. This is the left striking back agianst us for the recall and agianst the minority party legislators who held out and prevented the massive tax hikes the left wanted last year.

mirvin
02-06-2004, 09:47 AM
If this passes then the legistlature will be able to pass taxes without a 2/3 majority, right?
So, the looney Dems in Sac will be unstopable!!;)
ES, this is a ballot measure right?
Mirvin

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Exactly.

mirvin
02-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Exactly.
Don't you mean "Ed Zacharry"?
Mirvin:D

Dave C
02-06-2004, 10:28 AM
now matter how much I like the ballot proposition I will always vote No if it lowers the threshold to 55%..

mirvin
02-06-2004, 10:30 AM
What's everybody thinking about Arnold's 15BILLION $$$ bond issue?
I don't like it but I'm sure I'm not going to like what happens if it doesn't pass.
Mirvin;)

02-06-2004, 10:31 AM
This POS gives the looneyleft a licence to steal. Its a well known fact what the loonyleft has done to this state now they want more. Another POS is the bond issues, Prop 55 would sell $12.3 Billion to "fix" the schools....WTF??? If those assholes had been doing their job there would be no need for a bond issue to fix what they had been hired to administer over. Fire the whole friggin' bunch and start over. It also stated that "By law every dollar raised would be used for construction and repairs" That just means they will deduct from the General fund what would normally go to that budget the bond issue replaces. They must think we are stupid. They get NO MORE MONEY!!!!! :mad:

mirvin
02-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Dang 058, you're in the thick of it up there!! What's going through all your neighbors heads? Yippie, more taxes!!???
Mirvin:)

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2004, 11:14 AM
I normally oppose all bond issues. They are a poor way to raise money. However, this (prop 55) may be more about consolidating debt , much of which is at a higher intrest rate, rather than creating new debt. So I am not quite sure how I will vote on it.
But prop 56 is different. It is purely a sneaky deceptive way to make it much eaiser for the left to raise taxes on us. Unless there is a massive attempt made to educate people about the actual content and intent of this measure the deceptive propaganda that the far left is flooding the public with will result in making Ca an even costlier place to live than it already is. :mad: :burningm:

Essex502
02-06-2004, 11:29 AM
The 2/3 vote was the only defense this state had when "Lame Duck Grey" Davis was signing bills like crazy at the end of his tenure. With that removed, there will be no stopping the liberal a$$holes from giving away my hard earned money to lazy, unemployed sh!ts with their hands out.

HighRoller
02-06-2004, 11:56 AM
The whole bond thing is a joke. Typical government thinking, borrow your way out of debt!!

02-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Dang 058, you're in the thick of it up there!! What's going through all your neighbors heads? Yippie, more taxes!!???
Mirvin:) Air....and lots of it. And your right I am in the thick of it and not happy about it. The only reason I hang around here is to see when they will come to their senses but I'm not holding my breath.

gnarley
02-06-2004, 12:37 PM
These F*ing idiots don’t get it and all they want to do is spend more, do any of them really get it, demos and republicans alike? They complain about cutting services like fire and police but how many do they really need? A week ago I saw 8 cop cars 2 county sheriffs and 2 CHP taking down 1 guy in 1 car. It seems like they have way to many law enforcement people on the job now. And what about the fire department guys? How many do they really need to have on standby in case there is a fire somewhere?
Don’t get me wrong and I think all the law enforcement and fire fighters do great work and we need them but do we need all of them?
The damn state, counties and cities all went on spending sprees when they projected big budgets from taxes coming in, but the money they were spending was only projected it wasn’t all in the bank yet.
These governments, state, counties and cities are all a bunch of hypocrites, they require the citizens to be accountable but they aren’t and spend money they don’t have yet then want us to bail them out. If we spent money like that we’d all end up in jail and have ruined credit!
When are they going to held accountable for their actions?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I read in the paper this morning that our Governor is in New York, drumming up money to get his bond measure passed. Is it just me, or does this seem strange to anyone else? Why would New Yorkers shell our $50,000 for dinner with the California Governor, to help him pass a bill to fix California's budget shortfall? Somethings fishy and I don't like the smell of fish.:yuk: I don't think those easterners are that sypathetic towards our problems.

mirvin
02-06-2004, 12:44 PM
What's the other measure that Arnold introduced? It's linked to his 15Billion$ bond. It says that the gov. will be prohibited from borrowing money in the future. Both have to pass for either to be implemented.
Mirvin:)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-06-2004, 12:45 PM
That's #57.

mirvin
02-06-2004, 12:57 PM
That is a little wierd. Especially since Arny can't run for PResident. Maybe he's promising to send some "cheap labor" their way:D
Mirvin

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2004, 01:19 PM
We must stop prop 56. If Jackie Goldberg and her ilk get this passed their well be no stopping the tax hikes. Plus, it will send the message that no lies and false advertising will be rejected by our states voters....

HighRoller
02-06-2004, 01:32 PM
These were the same people who called the recall "an end run around the election process". Well, this proposition is an end run around the legislative process. Did you think the Dems would take the recall laying down?

Dave C
02-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Which ballot proposition is sponsored by the "league of liberal voters"? IS that 55?
Ya I wonder how much "new money" they need with 56? They say its debt consolidation but I wonder?
Arnie said if it doesn't pass then they will have to make drastic cuts. hmmm... drastic cuts.... sounds good to me:D
Mirv. I'm up here by 058 in the looney left wing bay area too. I worry that someday I'm gonna get run out of town think like I do..

AzDon
02-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Has something happened to Prop 13??? It limited your property taxes to 1% of valuation AS DETERMINED BY PURCHASE PRICE! What taxes are they going to be able to raise?

Waldo
02-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Commercial property taxes I think

HighRoller
02-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Actually, they are proposing an across the board new tax programs. Taxing entertainment like movies and concerts, taxing beer and soda at a higher rate, taxing certain types of vehicles for arbitrary reasons, and they're desperately trying to find a way to get around Prop 13.

eliminatedsprinter
02-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
Which ballot proposition is sponsored by the "league of liberal voters"? IS that 55?
Ya I wonder how much "new money" they need with 56? They say its debt consolidation but I wonder?
Arnie said if it doesn't pass then they will have to make drastic cuts. hmmm... drastic cuts.... sounds good to me:D
Mirv. I'm up here by 058 in the looney left wing bay area too. I worry that someday I'm gonna get run out of town think like I do..
I believe prop 56 is the one that the far left is pushing to lower the 2/3 requirement for new taxes under the guise of budget reform.
Prop 55 is, I think, the one that is the debt consolidation bond issue. I'll check my voter handbook again and be more positive on mon.

Dave C
02-06-2004, 04:20 PM
you name it they tax it..... if they have a general obligation bond they need 2/3 majority to pass it because its secured by the government (i.e. our property and income taxes)
my favorite quote:
if it moves tax it
if it stops moving subsidize it
if it continues to move, regulate it.

Dr. Eagle
02-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Actually, they are proposing an across the board new tax programs. Taxing entertainment like movies and concerts, taxing beer and soda at a higher rate, taxing certain types of vehicles for arbitrary reasons, and they're desperately trying to find a way to get around Prop 13.
Let me see, I bet the "certain type of vehicle" is SUV's.
THey have been trying (and suceeding in some cases) to get around prop 13 for years.
My house has a "mellos-roos" assessment on it which effectively doubles the tax rate. Other places have "special district bonds" that do the same. In one development I looked at in Carlsbad when I was thinking of a moving to the SD area the taxes were 1.25% and the bonds were equal to about 1.6% so more than double the rate. and the houses were all over 400K so the taxes would be stupid.
So if you have those bonds and the pickpockets manage to fool the people again what we gonna do.. go live in apts again?