PDA

View Full Version : MMMmmmmMMmmmmm one big fish..

Mandelon
02-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Is this fo-real?????
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2668bigcatfish-med.jpg:confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-06-2004, 07:58 PM
thats a huge bitch.. LOL!! :D

Infomaniac
02-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
thats a huge bitch.. LOL!! :D
Mancatwhorefish :D

spectratoad
02-07-2004, 05:32 AM
I think it is real. There was a thread on here quite awhile ago. It is called noodling. I have pics in the image center but since I am banished for now to the world of dial up it would take me 6 months to post the pics from there.

HammerDown
02-07-2004, 07:30 AM
Yea thats real...and there was a TV show about "noodling"...it described how th e fishermen stuck there arms deep into holes on Mud bottom shallow Rivers and such to catch these CatFish. The Cat Fish would actually bite down on there arm:eek: then be pulled out of there hole.
Don't know if they "noodled" that Monster...but on the TV show...they did drag out some Big Ass CatFish...one's big enough that I sure as hell wouldn't stick my whole arm in it's mouth!

WetWillie
02-07-2004, 08:19 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3183484307cat3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3183484307cat2.jpg
Here you go!
WW

HOSS
02-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Thats real bro. I personnally haven`t seen them that big but they get real big. Especially those channel cats down at South Pass. I saw in the Cogo or the Amazon these catfish that where insane. Like 750 lbs.
Noodling. The cats don`t have teeth so to speak. They pretty much inhale everything.:cool:

PACKINAIR
02-07-2004, 03:26 PM
call me dumb (not being from "the waterboy area" but don't catfish have stingers? that thing would hurt like hell.... also call me a puss but there is no way in hell I would let that bastard suck my arm (or anything elso)

77charger
02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by spectratoad
I think it is real. There was a thread on here quite awhile ago. It is called noodling. I have pics in the image center but since I am banished for now to the world of dial up it would take me 6 months to post the pics from there. funny you mention noodling i saw on disc channel how they do that some crazy shit.

Infomaniac
02-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Where have you folks been?
Noodling is not new LOL
Come on out to Oklahoma and I will take you. We can do all kinds of crazy shit including noodling.
Drive our blown injected lake boats with zoomies. Are the only one at the launch ramp, only pay 3.00 Not have to fight big boats and their waves, they have their own lakes. We are totally nuts.

lynden
02-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Dad and me have been noodling since I was like 5, and he did it many years before that. Those huge bitches are some good eatin! Nothin like a 100 pound cat clampin down on your ass!!

DAB
02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by PACKINAIR
call me dumb (not being from "the waterboy area" but don't catfish have stingers? that thing would hurt like hell.... also call me a puss but there is no way in hell I would let that bastard suck my arm (or anything elso)
The "stingers" are bones that run through the front fin...

HOSS
02-07-2004, 08:47 PM
and the dorsal. Like a spine of a pocupine.
I really don`t like `em when they get that big. Cypress cats taste better. Bar-B-Que Redfish is where its at. And I can eat specs forever. Fried with yellow mustard in the batter.

Wet1
02-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DAB
The "stingers" are bones that run through the front fin...
So they can "sting" you? Is it serious ? Do all catfish "sting"? I thought they were pretty much harmless???
Anyone that sticks their arm down the mouth of something that big is a crazy SOB!

HOSS
02-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Its just like a needle. If you step on one with the doesal up then yeah, you get stung or really stuck.The way you remove a hook from its mouth is put the dorsalfin in between your index and bird finger, left fin between thumb and index(in the web) and right fin between your bird finger and ring finger. Presto you got `em. Hard heads you just smack int he skull with a hammer. More fins and more poison. Funny thing is if you do get stung use the slime of a cats belly for the wound. Deadens the pain.

Slick
02-09-2004, 12:38 PM
All three of the fish pictured are Wels Catfish. They can be found throughout Europe. I'm assuming they were caught on rod and reel as noodling is only leagal in four states in the US, not in Europe. It's said the Wels Catfish can get as big as a White Shark.

Chase
02-09-2004, 12:40 PM
That is what we use for bait here in Canada...:D :D

BadassBry
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Didnt i see that fish i the movie "Big Fish"? It must be its stunt double haha

WetWillie
02-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Anyone see the discovery show that shows the tribe men doing that same thing with an Anaconda snake?? In order to become a man "per say" You must rap your leg or arm in Banana leaves and coat it with pigs blood. You then stick your chosen limb in a known cave or hole that has a snake in it and let the snake consume your limb. The tribe then pulls you out with the snake attached!!! The show I saw had a 30ft anaconda they were pulling out of the hole!!
No fricking way. You can call me a boy forever!
WW:eek: