PDA

View Full Version : Older 22 Daytona

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 02:45 PM
I posted this in the cats and tunnels forum but figured I would post it here also since this forum gets more traffic.
We are currently selling our 21ft Bahner and we are looking for an older 22ft daytona with an I/O, or something similar. I was looking through the trader and found a 91 with a 454 and Bravo 1 that looked real nice for 25,000, unfortunately it was sold. If anyone knows of one for sale in the similar price range please let me know.

LASERRAY
02-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
I posted this in the cats and tunnels forum but figured I would post it here also since this forum gets more traffic.
We are currently selling our 21ft Bahner and we are looking for an older 22ft daytona with an I/O, or something similar. I was looking through the trader and found a 91 with a 454 and Bravo 1 that looked real nice for 25,000, unfortunately it was sold. If anyone knows of one for sale in the similar price range please let me know. I found a few here.
Boats for sale (http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/ads/index.cfm?category=boats)

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the tip LASERRAY I already looked over those adds.
I'm also thinking about a mid 90's 20-23ft open bow, like a Cole or Ultra. Heres a list of the companys I've been checking on the boat trader if you can think of any others I left out please list
Caliber 1
Commander (I Know)
Cheetah
Eliminator
Howard
Hallet
Lavey Craft
Nordic
Sleekcraft
Ultra
Warlock
P.S. I'm just getting some ideas right now, I have to sell the Bahner before we can get a new boat

DogHouse
02-08-2004, 04:35 PM
If you're interested in a tunnel that's also an open bow, the 23 Cheetah is a good boat that's also low cost. It's very usable with the large open bow and is a lot of fun if you throw some HP at it. Its biggest weakness is the ride in rough water, starts to pound a bit when the big afternoon swells kick up. I had one with about 750hp and it was a real kick to drive.

OutCole'd
02-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Have I got the deal for you...
Thanks for the tip LASERRAY I already looked over those adds.
I'm also thinking about a mid 90's 20-23ft open bow, like a Cole or Ultra. Heres a list of the companys I've been checking on the boat trader if you can think of any others I left out please list
Caliber 1
Commander (I Know)
Cheetah
Eliminator
Howard
Hallet
Lavey Craft
Nordic
Sleekcraft
Ultra
Warlock
P.S. I'm just getting some ideas right now, I have to sell the Bahner before we can get a new boat

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 05:36 PM
OutCole'd your boat is sweet and I would love to have it but like I said I have to sell our Bahner first and see where we sit financially. I'm just trying to get an idea of what is out there and how much it cost. Out of curiousity how fast is your boat and how does it handle the Havazoo rough stuff

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 05:38 PM
DogHouse what do you think about Cheetah's build quality, the price is right, I'm just curious how they're able to save all that money. How's the interior, the gel, resale, etc...

77charger
02-08-2004, 06:40 PM
that is one of my favorite boats if i could have afforded one before i bought my current 21 open bow v bottom they seem to be a little more higher priced than most equivelent on the market but i like that they sit lower than the bigger boats but not as low as a jet or other low profile. They can haul ass esp if you add more hp.They sit about as high as my 21 in the rear from what i have seen.Hope you fine one

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Can anyone think of any manufactures that I left out

DogHouse
02-08-2004, 07:15 PM
DogHouse what do you think about Cheetah's build quality, the price is right, I'm just curious how they're able to save all that money. How's the interior, the gel, resale, etc...
You know the old saying, you get what you pay for... There is no doubt that a Cheetah is no DCB, but IMO it is a good solid boat for someone that doesn't want to spend the fortune it takes to get a top shelf ride these days. Glass work is good, gel work can be hit and miss, especially on some of the older hulls. I've seen some that looked really great, some that looked kinda shabby, and some (like mine) that were somewhere inbetween. Interiors are nicely done but not as tricked out as the expensive boats. They've come a long way in the last 6 years that I've been familiar with them. If you're interested, just stop by the factory and take a look under the skin. I think you will find that you get a lot of boat for the money.

OutCole'd
02-08-2004, 07:46 PM
OutCole'd your boat is sweet and I would love to have it but like I said I have to sell our Bahner first and see where we sit financially. I'm just trying to get an idea of what is out there and how much it cost. Out of curiousity how fast is your boat and how does it handle the Havazoo rough stuff
As far as speed, the best I have seen is about 64mph with a bone stock set up. But if I put on a thru transom exhaust I would see a 3-5 mph gain.:D :D
And as far as handling Havazoo chop, lets just say size matters. It handles as good as any 22' boat but not nearly as well as a 28' boat.

bigkatboat
02-08-2004, 07:47 PM
What price range are you in? I know of a couple of 22'7" V bottoms (new) that are in the 38000.00 range, depends on power. The boats are new (warranties) and you choose the power. All thru bolted rigging, and a ton of options.

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm looking for something in the teens to low twenties. Not looking for anything new, just a clean mid 90's boat with a bravo 1 and through transom exhaust.

OutCole'd
02-08-2004, 08:48 PM
$23,500 obo, but through the prop exhaust.

Speedin' Ian
02-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Like I said I would love to have your boat, I just need to sell ours and see how much I get for it. I wouldn't pass on a boat simply because it didn't have exhaust, that is just something I would like to have

OutCole'd
02-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Like I said I would love to have your boat, I just need to sell ours and see how much I get for it. I wouldn't pass on a boat simply because it didn't have exhaust, that is just something I would like to have
No problem, just pimpin the Cole every chance I get.:D