PDA

View Full Version : 6.4 Earthquake Will Hit SoCal in Next Seven Months

MagicMtnDan
02-09-2004, 08:24 AM
By the way, I'm predicting that someone will win a multi-million dollar lottery somewhere in the US in the next 7 months. :eek:
------------
A team of scientists credited with getting earlier earthquake predictions right now expects a 6.4 magnitude or larger temblor in the Southern California desert by Sept. 5, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times.
Led by UCLA scientist Vladimir Keilis-Borok, the team has been predicting quakes within certain timeframes and geographic regions. That has led to criticism that their work is not precise enough to be useful, but others see it as significant progress in the science.
The team gained visibility last December, when a 6.5-magnitude quake hit near San Simeon, Calif. That's within the 310-mile stretch of California that the team last June predicted would see a quake of magnitude 6.4 or larger within nine months.
The Times reported Sunday that the team's predictions are based on perceived "chains" of small earthquakes that are comparable to past patterns preceding larger quakes in the same area.

AdrenelineOD
02-09-2004, 08:42 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$ I hope Im ontopa. I like shaky shaky:D $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D :D (Block wall anyone$$) I am so:devil:

coolchange
02-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Gee, what are the odds of that happening......

PlyaPlya22
02-09-2004, 09:32 AM
I hope I'm on the water....:D

MudPumper
02-09-2004, 01:08 PM
I predict that in the next 30 min I will eat some lunch and then take a shit!!! How about that!!!!

Three Days Only
02-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
I predict that in the next 30 min I will eat some lunch and then take a shit!!! How about that!!!!
Me Too!!!!!!!!!!!1

SoCalOffshore
02-09-2004, 02:23 PM
If they are wrong, no one will remember. If they are right, they will be hailed as geniuses. :confused: