PDA

View Full Version : daycruiser seating

steve paull
02-11-2004, 12:51 AM
I am in the process of restoring a 1976 26' Sleekcraft Ambassador v-drive. I am looking for original seating for both cuddy and above. Can anyone direct me to the right people or best source to get these?

Mopar426
02-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Is your boat gutted out? I had the original seats in my executive but they were all tworn and the wood was rotted. I didn't like doghouse engine cover so I'm redesigning everything. Conquest boats may have ideas because the founder was the original owner of Sleekcraft, Sleekcraft in LHC may have some original litature, but they seem to disown the older boats because they didn't build them.

1Bahnerjet
02-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Are you askin' for Pics of Original seating or Where to get the work done ? since your in vancouver (thats just over the River Right ?) I would call DeFir Marine (think he is some where South of Portland)

steve paull
02-24-2004, 12:44 AM
yea bahnerjet i would like to see some pics of the seating and interior of the 1976 26' sleekcraft ambassador

1Bahnerjet
02-24-2004, 07:42 AM
the 25'...... I don't know who would still stock that Fuzzy Headliner Material & Shag Carpets ? I think they still have Disco Balls, you could hang from the Ceiling :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43SC_PG_3.jpg

cruser
02-24-2004, 12:23 PM
My 23 is nearly the same. On mine the passenger seat is a mirror image of the drivers seat in the picture. I have 23s and 26s both ways. In the "cabin" both models used the same "benches" on each side facing each other. The 26 usually had some cabinits that house a sink or Ice chest or such. The raised area in front on mine is covered with thin, 1" or so, pads that work to take a "nap" on if needed. I haven't seen that in others. I think you can get the fur at larger fabric stores. I used 40oz marine carpet when I replaced the floor in mine a few years ago. It was hard to get "RED" carpet, I think the color was Fire Thorn? or something like that. If you think pictures or measurements from my 23 will help send me a pm.
cruzer