PDA

View Full Version : Mexico

Havasu Cig
02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
I heard a report on the radio this afternoon that our National Anthem was booed at the soccer game between Mexico and the Unites States that took place in Mexico. Te report also said that the Mexican crowd was chanting Usama's name.
WTF is up with that $hit.:mad:

NOTALENT
02-11-2004, 02:19 PM
there simply mad and jealous...F**k them..:mad: :mad:

fourspeednup
02-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Maybe fewer illegals will swim over:mad:
Add another country to the "to nuke" list when I become president;)

gunslinger
02-11-2004, 02:25 PM
**** Mexico

carbonmarine
02-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Pinch'e baboso's........

CA Stu
02-11-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I heard a report on the radio this afternoon that our National Anthem was booed at the soccer game between Mexico and the Unites States that took place in Mexico. Te report also said that the Mexican crowd was chanting Usama's name.
WTF is up with that $hit.:mad:
Was the game held in Downtown LA or what?
I reckon soccer hooligans are soccer hooligans regardless of where they're from.
I just read a book entitled "Among the Thugs" about soccer hooliganism, and in it there was a story about busloads of English hooligans riding through an Italian town (I think it was Turin) chanting "F*ck the Pope!" at the top of their lungs.
So! Booing our national anthem ain't sh*t by hooligan standards.
Cheers
CA Stu
PS
The average US standard of living is so far above the average Mexican standard of living, you can't blame them for being a little jealous. God bless 'em.

bordsmnj
02-11-2004, 03:22 PM
**** Mexico! i say we take over their country make 'em swim to cuba or die.

Sleek-Jet
02-11-2004, 04:05 PM
I hear that they have stock piles of Budwieser. :D

TrojanDan
02-11-2004, 04:13 PM
I heard a report on the radio this afternoon
If you heard it on the radio, then it must be true! :rolleyes: ;)
I paid $10 bucks to get into a bar in a seedy part of El Monte/Rosemead yesterday to watch the game with about 300 hard core Mexican Soccer fans (only local area carrying the closed circuit game). The US Soccer team had there asses handed to them. Thank God it was an under 23 or 24 year old team.
Since I love international soccer, I didn't miss a chance going to this game. My friend and I were the only ones in there wearing USA Soccer jerseys. Call it brave or stupid but no one messed with us (probably felt sorry for us)..........and oh yeah, didn't see anyone in the bar disrespecting the US National Anthem or hear chants of Osama during the telecast. Stupid ass reporter must have heard a few drunk fockers at the game and reported it as the entire stadium.
Not all Mexicans are bad people.........
Dan "last name sounds Mexican to me" Mendoza :cool:

CA Stu
02-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Great point, Dan.
Without sensationalizing and embellishing the news, a lot of journalists would be out of a job.
Viva la Raza!
CA Stu <-- immigrant

AdrenelineOD
02-11-2004, 06:05 PM
They hate us because we have the balls to take over the government if they try to fu@# with us:mad:

Havasu Cig
02-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Trojan Dan,
I am not trying to get down on the Mexican people, only relaying what I heard.
I heard this from two separate stations, and they had quotes from a Mexican representative defending the actions of the crowd. Mr. Gonzalez, who was the official interviewed, said that the crowd was trying to intimidate the American team, and went on to say how our foriegn policy is flawed.
One of the shows was the Orielly Factor, and he is supposed to have a report on it tonight on his T.V. show.
The other station is a local one here in San Diego. They both reported the same facts so I doubt they were just a few fans in the crowd. The report said the U.S. players were shocked by the experience.
You guys can believe what you want, but I believe the story.
We are a welfare net for mexico and this is the thanks we get. I say shut down the F@$king border with the military. When the $$$ stops flowing back into Mexico from the States we will see how they sink into further poverty. Just my opinion, but this $hit really pisses me off.:mad:

CA Stu
02-11-2004, 07:25 PM
"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to be free....." unless they boo during our national anthem, then f*ck you, I'll kick your ass!! No more free money for you! Die! Starve! Who the hell do you think you are?!?!? I am an American and therefore I rule! How dare you not bow down before my national anthem!!!!
Puh-leeze. It's just a f*cking sporting event. I don't think it was intended as a big slap right in your face, they just want to support their soccer team and are acting like hooligans. Big deal.
Holy tempest in a teapot Batman!
Thanks
CA Stu

Havasu Cig
02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Tell that $hit to the family members of the 3000 people that were killed on 9/11. How do you think they would feel about Usama's name being chanted????
Save your liberal $hit for someone that cares.

sam pioske
02-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Yea what cig said!!!!!!!!!

CA Stu
02-11-2004, 08:06 PM
They would probably feel pretty sad and angry. And I agree, it's pretty chickenshit to chant "Bin Laden".
However, if you had any idea about soccer matches and the mentality of fans, you'd realize that it wasn't a personal attack on the family members of the Twin Towers' victims. It's a different kind of culture, and you are taking the whole thing way out of context. You are applying your values to a situation and place where htey don't apply.
Where do you get off calling me a liberal just because I feel your post was small minded and reeked of the "Ugly American" stereotype?
There is a whole world outside of Southern California, HC, that doesn't go by or even give a crap about our morals and values. I'm sure you understand that we can't really measure the whole world by our standards.
I didn't bring the subject up, you did.
Do I think the crowd's behavior sucks? Of course I do. But that's par for the course at soccer matches, especially international ones. I reckon the USA hasn't experienced enough of them yet to understand it.
I lived in London England for 12 years, I have a basic understanding of what soccer fans think and how they behave.
It's not a personal attack.
If you didn't want a rebuttal, I'm sorry.
Cheers
CA Stu

DogHouse
02-11-2004, 09:12 PM
You say:
Originally posted by CA Stu
They would probably feel pretty sad and angry. And I agree, it's pretty chickenshit to chant "Bin Laden".
And then this:
It's not a personal attack.
How you figure it's not personal? Sounds pretty damn personal to me. If it wasn't meant to be personal, then those are some pretty f'n stupid people to think that chanting that scumbag's name was a good idea. F_ck Mexico if that's the way they think...
:mad:

Havasu Cig
02-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Ca Stu,
I was going to rebutte your post, but what's the point. I am not going to change your mind.
I just watched the story on Orielly, and it was the majority of the crown booing our anthem by the way. They had video / audio footage.
Everybody can make up their own mind on the issue, I think you know where I stand.

missboatnam1
02-11-2004, 09:48 PM
i think that really sucks!! i go to mexico all the time and that really pisses me off!!! i never thought for a minute they would go against americans.....i thought they were a little smarter than that....:mad: :yuk: :mad:

CA Stu
02-11-2004, 10:00 PM
I guess the thing that tripped my trigger about this whole thread may have been the title. If it was entitled "Mexican Soccer fan assholes" instead of "Mexico", I wouldn't have been offended.
It seems pretty obvious to me that the behavior of a very small minority of Mexicans at a soccer match is not a clear indicator of how the general populace feels. Otherwise, you could attribute the behavior of the contingent of overzealous, drunk Raider fans to America as a whole. Which is ridiculous, isn't it.
I reckon taking the whole country to task for the actions of a small group of individuals is patently unreasonable and smacks of racism and xenophobia.
Thanks
CA Stu <-- doesn't mind a good argument.
PS Everyone take a deep breath now.....
PPS If you're all PO'ed at me, go ahead and PM me. :)

HighRoller
02-11-2004, 10:27 PM
I can do you one better. the last time the U.S. and Mexico squared off in the world cup was in the Coliseum in Los Angeles. Yes, the scumbag wetback Mexicans booed the American Flag and our National Anthem, obviously so hopped up on Don Chico Tequila and MeXXX Lager that they forgot where they were. Say what you want about my supposedly racist comments, but when somebody comes to this country and then does that crap they can drop dead as far as I'm concerned. My Mom put it best. A lot of good men died face down in the mud or on a beach thousands of miles away protecting what this country represents. Now everytime something like this happens it's like spitting on their graves. I may sound mean, but I think anyone seen trying to cross our borders illegally should be shot. We have FLIR, nightvision and ground radar that can see for miles in any condition and we could cut the flow of illegals down to nothing in a month. We just don't have anyone with enough leadership ability and balls to fire the first shot.

Jungle Boy
02-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Now before I start, I'll just say that I have known, worked and boat raced with many, many fine American folks. But lets face it guys, you're not the most loved country in the world.:eek: Many places I've visited or have worked in just don't like Americans. Alot of them are jealious of the great life style you have, but don't like the attitude of being the World's policeman. But, by saying that, they are the first to ask the USA for aid in times of need and solders when they are invaded. Don't get too offended by another nation putting you down. It's rather ignorant of the Mexican soccer fans to be chanting that shit but they are just drunk soccer fans that are trying to finally have something to be proud of; A group of soccer players that kicked the USA's ass. Big deal.
"God Bless America"

Freak
02-12-2004, 04:23 AM
Not to defend what they said. It was wrong. Anyway a little background on what happened days before. Mexico boasts they have the best arena to play in, 2 days before the match video cameras caught (his name slips me) a American pissing on the grass. They broadcasted it on their news. That in no way justifies what they said but at least you know what started the whole thing. Speaking of piss when the team goes to Guatemala the crowd likes to through piss on the players.

Havasu Cig
02-12-2004, 07:32 AM
For those interested they are talking about it on Am 760 right now if you are in the san Diego / Orange County area. There are alot of pissed off people calling in to the talk show.
Ca Stu,
I will say one thing about your above post. I realize these were just "Soccer Fans", which still does not make it right, but there is a prevailing attitude amongst a lot of Mexicans I have dealt with in my business that is anti American. I have had several of them make comments to me that have been very derogatory towards the U.S. I don't understand where this comes from after all the help we give them.

miller19j
02-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
I hear that they have stock piles of Budwieser. :D LMAO......:)

Jungle Boy
02-12-2004, 08:33 AM
For those interested they are talking about it on Am 760 right now if you are in the san Diego / Orange County area. There are alot of pissed off people calling in to the talk show.
Ca Stu,
I will say one thing about your above post. I realize these were just "Soccer Fans", which still does not make it right, but there is a prevailing attitude amongst a lot of Mexicans I have dealt with in my business that is anti American. I have had several of them make comments to me that have been very derogatory towards the U.S. I don't understand where this comes from after all the help we give them.
A true case of biting the hand that feeds them.

coolchange
02-12-2004, 08:41 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Pointerman
Ahhh, but you forget. Our original poster is from our slightly stupid neigboring nation up North. He has this kind of liberal dribble fed to him daily and is only a product of his nations misguided social reform. The only thing Canada has to offer is cheap medicine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** you.
Now before I start, I'll just say that I have known, worked and boat raced with many, many fine American folks. But lets face it guys, you're not the most loved country in the world. Many places I've visited or have worked in just don't like Americans. Alot of them are jealious of the great life style you have, but don't like the attitude of being the World's policeman. But, by saying that, they are the first to ask the USA for aid in times of need and solders when they are invaded. Don't get too offended by another nation putting you down. It's rather ignorant of the Mexican soccer fans to be chanting that shit but they are just drunk soccer fans that are trying to finally have something to be proud of; A group of soccer players that kicked the USA's ass. Big deal.
"God Bless America"
WTF? I see you have a different perspective about it when its not you they're pointing at.

Seadog
02-12-2004, 09:25 AM
This is why I would never watch a soccer match. It attracts a mentality that is completely lacking intelligence. I think if you took a stadium of soccer fans, whether it be English, Italian or Mexican, the total IQ would be about the same as an equal number of rabid dogs.

Jungle Boy
02-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by coolchange
quote:
Originally posted by Pointerman
Ahhh, but you forget. Our original poster is from our slightly stupid neigboring nation up North. He has this kind of liberal dribble fed to him daily and is only a product of his nations misguided social reform. The only thing Canada has to offer is cheap medicine.
**** you.
Now before I start, I'll just say that I have known, worked and boat raced with many, many fine American folks. But lets face it guys, you're not the most loved country in the world. Many places I've visited or have worked in just don't like Americans. Alot of them are jealious of the great life style you have, but don't like the attitude of being the World's policeman. But, by saying that, they are the first to ask the USA for aid in times of need and solders when they are invaded. Don't get too offended by another nation putting you down. It's rather ignorant of the Mexican soccer fans to be chanting that shit but they are just drunk soccer fans that are trying to finally have something to be proud of; A group of soccer players that kicked the USA's ass. Big deal.
"God Bless America"
WTF? I see you have a different perspective about it when its not you they're pointing at.
The "biting the hand that feeds you" comment was in regards to the Mexicans calling in on the US radio show and calling down Americans living in the USA.
The other comment is about what is going on in their own country, appearently after some ignorant USA fans pissed on their home turf. I'm sure that would make any country rather upset. Soccer is taken very serious in most parts of the world.
It's alot different in my opinion. You can't control others opinions in foreign countries just cause you don't like them.
And as for your misguided opinion of Canada, it has alot more to offer than cheap medicine, which isn't all that bad either. We too have a very good standard of living without wanting to go in to it. You should travel it a bit and you'd probably be surprised to find that we have alot more in common then you think.
So try to have nice day, from you misguided neigbor from the North.
:D :rolleyes:

coolchange
02-12-2004, 11:31 AM
And as for your misguided opinion of Canada, it has alot more to offer than cheap medicine, which isn't all that bad either. We too have a very good standard of living without wanting to go in to it. You should travel it a bit and you'd probably be surprised to find that we have alot more in common then you think.
It was not MY misguided opinion of anything. Just pointing out that your perspective is a little different depending on which way the finger is pointing.
So try to have nice day, from you misguided neigbor from the North
I will, but it just keeps gettin harder every day....:rolleyes: :D

Jungle Boy
02-12-2004, 11:43 AM
I guess I was just misunderstood.
Don't piss on my skating rink or there may be some high sticking going on.
:yuk:

Buff
02-12-2004, 12:04 PM
I am not suggesting any manner of vioent action against illegals but rather the boycotting of any company that employs illegals. Just as restaurants display a letter rating in their widow regarding cleanliness let's see an IF (Illegal free) placard in the window of businesses. (Boat manufacturers included.) Mexico seems to have this hard line against the US - both the citizens and especially the Fox government. So let's whack them economically. Don't go fishing out of Ensenada! Do not spend a dollar on anything Mexican related! This means cars and trucks manufactured in Mexico and sold here. Screw Cabo and Cancun! who needs Cuidad de Mexico when we have East Los Angeles right here? Make an effort to not buy products or services from US companies that utilize illegal labor. Sure - we are going to pay more but look at the big picture. Lean on your representatives in the State to not support ANYTHING that may put money into the coffers of Mexican entrepeneurs or the Mexican government. Understand this please - God bless the illegals - I realize they are just acting in their own best interest as individuals - but they are sending wages earned here, often without withheld taxes, to Mexico! It's like a faucet left on that is leaking away American dollars - It is time to bitch-slap the government of Mexico! buf

bordsmnj
02-12-2004, 01:12 PM
isn't our government the only thing that has kept mexico afloat for like thirty years now? lets just quit giving the cocksuckers our hard earned tax dollars thats all. then when they get invaded we can just go down there and take the whole thing all the way to the canal. all or nothing.(this outa stir shit up:D ) this here thing with the illeagals flooding the country isn't about them it's about our chickenshitism in our government.:rolleyes:

Jungle Boy
02-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
isn't our government the only thing that has kept mexico afloat for like thirty years now? lets just quit giving the cocksuckers our hard earned tax dollars thats all. then when they get invaded we can just go down there and take the whole thing all the way to the canal. all or nothing.(this outa stir shit up:D ) this here thing with the illeagals flooding the country isn't about them it's about our chickenshitism in our government.:rolleyes:
Good plan. :rolleyes:

coolchange
02-12-2004, 02:07 PM
then when they get invaded we can just go down there and take the whole thing all the way to the canal.
:eek: Whooaaa there, lets think this thing out a little. Then the place will be crawlin with BLM and chargin us fees and then the CBD will find some Puffer shrimp and then....

Jungle Boy
02-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Kind of like stealing a little poor kids lunch money because his folks couldn't afford to dress him cool; except on a grand scale.
I rest my case on an earlier statement that I made.:eek: :D

Havasu Cig
02-12-2004, 03:24 PM
What if we just take Baja...There is some nice ocean front property waiting to be had.:D :D

CA Stu
02-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Noblesse oblige.
(look it up if you have to)
Cheers
CA Stu

Desert Rat
02-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by CA Stu
Otherwise, you could attribute the behavior of the contingent of overzealous, drunk Raider fans to America as a whole.
Thanks
CA Stu <-- doesn't mind a good argument.
NOW YOUR PISSING ME OFF:yuk: :yuk:
Geez lets try to make a point about someone coming to a irrational generalization by making one yourself!

CA Stu
02-12-2004, 04:22 PM
exactly...
Neither analogy makes sense, does it?
Sure, a few drunk Mexican soccer fans acted like jackasses, just like a few drunk Raider fans beat up the San Diego Lightning Bolt (who happened to be a girl under that costume), and to attribute either group's behavior to ALL the citizens of their home country is silly.
Now back to your regularly scheduled drama....
CA Stu

Havasu Cig
02-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Bro, Come down to some neighborhoods in San Diego and you will see what I mean. If you are not Mexican good luck getting out alive.
This is bigger than a soccer game, and it was not a few fans. I saw the video and it was the majority of the crowd.
Talk to some of the Mexicans here in San Diego about their feelings towards the U.S. and a lot of their views will be consistent with the crowd at the soccer game.
I am not saying all Mexicans are bad, but I have had my share of problems with them talking $hit about the U.S. I will call them on it if the do it in front of me.
I grew up here in San Diego and used to go to Mexico a lot, but it is not safe down there. I have gotten shit from Mexicans in Mexico for being American and there is nothing you can do about it. The corrupt cops will throw you in jail.
I have had friend that have spent some time in jail down there, and we had to buy there way out.
After 09/11 there were a lot of American flags flying to show solidarity and patriotism and what did the Mexican side of town do? They put up more Mexican flags to counter all the American ones that were flying.
The town I live in in North San Diego County has a huge Mexican population both legal and illegal. I am not making this $hit up, this is first hand knowledge.
Just my.02

missboatnam1
02-12-2004, 09:04 PM
it just cracks me up that so many people from so many diffrent countries want to live here in the U.S., but then you see them puttung us down, burning our flag, ect......its total bullshit, let them stay in there own country, where they belong !!!!
yes they are all jelious of the U.S., who wouldent be!! :D

Buff
02-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Havasu Cig is right on - this is no mere minority that is living here and hating us. Mexicans cannot face the humilating fact that our country "works" and theirs doesn't. Now I'm no American flag freak but it really irks me to see those Mexican flags flying in front of houses or in car windows. My grandfather came here from Italy but I would no more think of flying an Italian flag here than my father would. This country is at war (9/11). And under these circumstances I say if you are not with us you are against us.
In fact - current gas prices aside - I wish our govt. would stop the pretense to morality and take over militarily the Middle East oil fields. Not the countries per se - and turn them into hi-tech protected no-Arabs allowed zones. Let them clowns have their cities and their insane religion with their haijjs and their berkas - we will just occupy the oil fields. And while we are at it let's kick the United Nations out of NYC and turn the building into condos.
Now as radical as these ideas sound I know that if a politician ran with these items on his or her agenda they would win in a landslide such as this country never saw. As for the proliferation of Mexican flags - guess? buf