PDA

View Full Version : Commander Prospective

Clint
02-11-2004, 05:09 PM
This response is specifically addressed to the comments questioning that CommanderBoats is "building the BEST boats at the most competitive prices." The following info will quell all doubts.
1-We invite all boaters and doubting "Thomases" to our factory, in Perris and showroom, in Corona. They would agree with us, after carefully comparing the looks, fits and finish of our boats.
2-At this time, Commander uses boat molds tooled "BY COMMANDER BOATS" in 1995 or later. No dated or unsatisfactory models are marketed. More than 20 older models have been discontinued during the last 10 years. The list is available for anyone interested in seeing it.
3-Our product appreciation was certainly evident during the recently concluded L.A. Boat Show customer/public approbation was abundant and unabated.
4-Guess which manufacturer has the "Most popular" and "Most viewed" boat at ***boat.net? It is Commander 2800 CAT. The sequence to view it:
****boat.net
*Image Center
*Readers Rides
*Stern Driver
*Sort by "Alphabetical", after scrolling all the way to the right
*View "Most Views" and "Most Popular" under "Alphabetical"
The boat is white/blue with burgundy and white checkers.
5-The above boat with 800 SC and SSM V drive goes over 100 MPH, on command. The other 100 MPH Commander 2800 CATS published:
(1) On the cover on Hot Boat October 2002 issue, top speed 106 MPH.
(2) In February 2004 issue of Powerboat, topspeed: 101 MPH.
Clint
Commander Sales

bordsmnj
02-11-2004, 05:14 PM
just when i thought it was safe to go back on line. i'm not even gonna make popcorn this time.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-11-2004, 05:15 PM
This is getting very old.. Just let it go.. :rolleyes:

CARRERA
02-11-2004, 05:26 PM
I will second that, its time to move on and get it wet...........

BoatFloating
02-11-2004, 05:35 PM
I love it Commander Perspective from:
Clint
Commander Sales
That explains everything......:rolleyes:

Havasu Luvr
02-11-2004, 05:41 PM
DAMM DOUBLE POST :D I hate that when it happens. Welcome aboard Clint, anything else you want to add?

Scream
02-11-2004, 05:47 PM
That dead horse is gettin the beat shit outa it!

Havasu_Dreamin
02-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Plain and simple a Commander is not a DCB, Howard, or Hallett.

Ziggy
02-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Its f"ing cold in the Nordic's:D j/k. Great boat, expensive, extremely clean shop, don't like their trailers, the old man's got attitude:wink:

bigq
02-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
or Essex, Ultra, Conquest or....:D :D
Just kiddin clint. When Sy came on it meant something, but your a sales guy...uh no offense.

Ziggy
02-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by bigq
or Essex, Ultra, Conquest or....:D :D
Just kiddin clint. When Sy came on it meant something, but your a sales guy...uh no offense.
C'mon, give the guy a break, he's just doing his job and trying to help feed his family. Sales make the world go 'round.

Jungle Boy
02-11-2004, 07:04 PM
I bet my aluminum Eagle boat can jump logs better than your Cammandor. :D

bigq
02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
C'mon, give the guy a break, he's just doing his job and trying to help feed his family. Sales make the world go 'round.
I know, I know, just givin him crap. he can take it, salespeople are strong.:D

bordsmnj
02-11-2004, 08:21 PM
i believe "thick skinned" is the word they use.:D

Kilrtoy
02-11-2004, 08:28 PM
4-Guess which manufacturer has the "Most popular" and "Most viewed" boat at ***boat.net? It is Commander 2800 CAT. The sequence to view it:
Hate to disagree with that,
I removed the pics of my boat about a month ago . I had about 4 times that amount of hits...... somewhere in the 13K range.
Not knocking the boat, I have been on that one and HELL YES IT IS AWESOME.
But that is a poor sales point.......

BoatFloating
02-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Hate to disagree with that,
I removed the pics of my boat about a month ago . I had about 4 times that amount of hits...... somewhere in the 13K range.
Not knocking the boat, I have been on that one and HELL YES IT IS AWESOME.
But that is a poor sales point.......
Yeah, but nobody was looking at the boat!:D

CEO
02-11-2004, 09:02 PM
or Bayliner!!
:D :D :D
Welcome aboard Clint;)

mbrown2
02-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Good thing somebody caught that....Kilr, you have a boat? What kind is it again..j/k:D
Clint, keep on selling:D Welcome aboard:)

Lightning
02-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I never really followed the Commander "drama thread" but I do remember one of their salesman at the show talking to a prospective customer say the following...... (i am paraphrasing here).
"We pay our gelcoat guy the most money in the industry, he gets paid $120,000 a year. Ocassionally we lend him to other companies so he can gelcoat their boats as well."
I thought this was a crock. Needless to say, I walked on.

Kilrtoy
02-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Just because their was a blower scoop, velocity stack ,half naked chick or something on the decklid, that did not affect the views........

HighRoller
02-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't remember any blower scoop or velocity stack...:confused:
But I will agree with ol' Clint. Their 28 cat runs over 100mph, even if it did take gobs of power to do it. I wonder if they'd be willing to put it up against the single engine F29 for comparison?
:D :D C'mon Clint, you disagreed that Commander wasn't the highest quality rig out there....so put up or shut up. Maybe ThatJeffGuy could pass the Popcorn?

HighRoller
02-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Oh, and Clint...I believe the word you were looking for was "perspective" not "prospective". Close in spelling but worlds apart in meaning.

bigq
02-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by CEO
or Bayliner!!
:D :D :D
Welcome aboard Clint;)
Another cocky comment from a snobby DCB owner.:D
Kilrtoy, your too funny, people looking at the boat. that's a good one.:wink: