PDA

View Full Version : Anyone intrested in A southwind event?

moneysucker
02-14-2004, 11:48 PM
I am thinking that us southwind owners need to have some kind of get together and was just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on the subject.
Cy

FryJet
02-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Why? Do you really want to hang out with your brother and Skee that bad?:confused: If I buy a new cooler and paint Southwind on it can I attend this glorious function?:wink: Here's a pic of your jalopy, when do we get a picture of it with the new mill with the polished thing-a-majig on top and big fan belt?
F.J.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/954P1000898.JPG

moneysucker
02-15-2004, 11:12 AM
You mean the turbune? I wasn't talking to you fry. You are boatless but a southwind wouldn't be a bad idea that one may still be available out of lakeside.

HOSS
02-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I`d like it ,,,,but I`m a lil` far away.:D

clownpuncher
02-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by HOSS
I`d like it ,,,,but I`m a lil` far away.:D
You're just gonna have to get out of the woods and make the road trip one of these days.

Danhercules
02-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I know the grandson of the person who started southwind. He and his brother have a website. http://www.southwindjetboats.com/ (Southwind boats). Talk to them, I bet they would be interested in doing somthing.
They both hang out at the http://classicboatbeachbash.com/ (CBBB) site. They go by nucking futs and fourq.

moneysucker
02-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
I know the grandson of the person who started southwind. He and his brother have a website. http://www.southwindjetboats.com/ (Southwind boats). Talk to them, I bet they would be interested in doing somthing.
They both hang out at the http://classicboatbeachbash.com/ (CBBB) site. They go by nucking futs and fourq.
We have 3 drag tunnels and a V and are planning to go to the CBBB and I am trying to get everyone on board for the Freeboard challenged event. But if there are enough left it would be nice to have an event.
Cy

TRG
02-15-2004, 10:28 PM
then i would have to get the rogers crew and crash your lil' sowthwind thingy!!!:D and we'd be wearin the ol' black-n-white "BAD BERK" shirtz and all that! that'd be kinda "beach blanket be-bop"! all bubble gum n poodle "G's" for the girlies:eek: :eek:
lol
you wana rumble? LMFAO
actually, the whole southwind thing sounds kinda cool though! there are some pretty nice ones around these parts!

moneysucker
02-15-2004, 11:38 PM
LMAO! Are we giong to have to sing and dance. If so you might want to show up in the late afternoon after some consumption of some silver rhythm potion in mass quantities. The black t-shirts might be a little much. Maybe matching board shorts or something. I'm sure the oil for the hair is not in short supply in the least. 10qts per boat should cover the whole gang.

FryJet
02-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Fix your avatar jackass! I did.:p
F.J.

moneysucker
02-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by FryJet
Fix your avatar jackass! I did.:p
F.J.
Nice rack Fry. I can't fix my avatar, I'm too dumb. I like the one I have, it is original. Oh, by the way Money Sucker and Rubber Ducky both have pix on www.southwindjetboats.com. That and some of us work for a living and don't have the time to come up with an avatar, let alone make it work.
Cy

moneysucker
02-16-2004, 02:46 PM
How is your boat hunting going? Tre will be selling his soon and getting a family cruiser soon enough. "Last stop before Pontoon Ville." I'm catching you on posts too.

FryJet
02-16-2004, 04:34 PM
That rack was very nice, it was from a jacuzzi party this weekend at Mr. Dingalls. I have the other versions but the ***boat 5-O wouldnt go for it as an avatar :rolleyes: . Give me a call and i'll give you the skinny on em. So your Bro finally popped the Q huh? I called him on Friday and he sounded a little nervous. Pontoon? Yea right, that guy would take out everything around the dock with one of those things. He'll have go for a SeaDoo boat and that little trailer for the cribs and umbrellas. So whens the big date, he wont call me back.
F.J.

Nucking futs
02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
The southwind thing would be great but there are somany out of state now it would not be a very large turn out. MY grandpa didnt like the fact that he needed to go larger on the boat size to keep up with his pal leach @eliminator,and the idea of selling was on his mind so you all know what happened, he sold it to some guy in norther cal. and the whole deal ended up in a bankruptcy deal and that was the end of that.I know who has the 20' cruiser mold and had him build me one the year my grandpa died (97) and i have had hundreds of people ask me about my boat and if they could get one, and you can.i know the 18' t-deck is in production today, and im working on getting the tunnel mold as well.My grandpa gave a dragster to place and they made some slight changes to it and now it a placecraft,they are pretty bitchen ,but im trying to start on my dragster project after the summer is over and hopfully we can start to make a few if anyone is interested.

Nucking futs
02-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Hey dan may i correct you on the lenght of your boat(again)!!! the lenght is EIGHTEEN FEET TWO INCHES.Are you still interested in some shirts?We should have some made for the ccbb and i will let you know, anyone else email me and ill get back to you.

HOSS
02-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Hellyeah! But this time out maybe technology would find the hulls carbon fiber.:p

Nucking futs
02-16-2004, 07:25 PM
That thought has been in mind, but how much money would you like to spend on your blank?The cost on the kevlar and carbonfiber and resin is buuukuuu bucks and dont know how it would affect the boat. I know eliminator has done it but havent heard pros and cons on the subject.So we will toss it around and see what comes of it.We make a mini 18 rc hull out of it and it is trick.

FOURQ
02-18-2004, 12:58 AM
all southwind owners and fans go check out www.southwindjetboats.com we can get together there and see if we can make a regata a relatiy or not this year.....