Sandbar Junkies
02-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm banking on # 8.

Just Tool'n
02-15-2004, 09:57 AM
So am I> Go Dale Jr.!!!!!!!!

Rod-64
02-15-2004, 10:56 AM
What's up with Woopie??? Looked like the swamp thing. I was saying to myself what the hell is that until they mentioned who it was.:yuk:

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Good thing your not my financial advisor.......
NOPE

looky_lou
02-15-2004, 02:03 PM
5 Laps to go;)

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 02:12 PM
JR had a hellavu strong motor....
great race......

Sandbar Junkies
02-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
NOPE
YOU CAN SAY YOUR SORRY ANYTIME MIGUEL.:yuk:
FORDS SUCK

LASERRAY
02-15-2004, 02:48 PM
NOPE You were saying..............................?:cool:

manuel
02-15-2004, 03:17 PM
After the Superbowl half-time hip-hop ghetto party it was refreshing to feel normal watching 250,000 motorheads salute our country, great race,
Manuel (26 miles from Talladega)

twistedpair
02-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah Baby!!! I'm a Gordon fan (Flame away), but i was rootin' for junior today! What's up with Busch? If you're a lap down with 5 laps to go, get the f@% out of the way!

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Yes all my ROUSH's blew up as usual......

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Yeah Baby!!! I'm a Gordon fan (Flame away), but i was rootin' for junior today! What's up with Busch? If you're a lap down with 5 laps to go, get the f@% out of the way!
Are you kidding he was helping Steward, then Wimmer.
with out him they would have fallen even furtherback

Tom Brown
02-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Fernando Alonso :cool:

LASERRAY
02-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Great all around Daytona 500. The pregame festivities were decent. The race and eventual outcome:) were awesome, and the commercials were some of the best and funniest i've ever seen. An great day in motorsports all in all.:cool:

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 10:40 PM
I was just hoping to see Leann Rimes TITS:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LASERRAY
02-15-2004, 10:42 PM
I was just hoping to see Leann Rimes TITS:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: No doubt! I'd like to bang her.

Kilrtoy
02-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Does your wife know this.....

LASERRAY
02-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Does your wife know this..... My wife knows that I want to bang HER, yet does nothing about it, so why would she care?:D

Kilrtoy
02-16-2004, 12:39 AM
My wife knows that I want to bang HER, yet does nothing about it, so why would she care?
Sorry it took so long to respond, im still trying to stop laughing,
Good one

Stupid Fast
02-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
My wife knows that I want to bang HER, yet does nothing about it, so why would she care?:D
For some odd reason, this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!!!
Thanks I needed that.
That was a great race!!! I bet Sr. is proud as a peacock....

jbtrailerjim
02-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Kind of a boring race. Unless your a #8 fan. Woulda been interesting if there would have been a caution with about 25 or so lap's left. I woulda loved to see Busch get his lap back and see if he could have given Stewart or Earnhardt a challenge.
Jim<-------Kurt Busch fan

AquaBoogie
02-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Jr. just won the Busch race.

AquaBoogie
02-16-2004, 09:42 AM
That #8 car was the shiznit at Daytona.
He won the Gatorade 125, Busch and Nextel cup.

iparky
02-16-2004, 09:47 AM
jr is a chip off the ole block, 43 earnhardt wins.

AquaBoogie
02-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Jr's 3rd straight win at Daytona for a Busch race.

LASERRAY
02-16-2004, 10:06 AM
It's good to see success at such A young age. To win it on his 5th attempt is very gratifying i'm sure. To pass Tony Stewart with 19 to go like he did just proved that he had the dominant car. And the way he was hanging back in the Busch race today, and then powering to the front to win, that was just awesome.:cool:

HighRoller
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Did it bother anyone to see a driver stuck in his car upside down for that long? It's a good thing there wasn't a fire after that wreck. Good job NASCAR. You'll kill another driver soon enough. I wish they would leave the safety aspect to somebody who actually knows what they are doing.

Blown 472
02-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
It's good to see success at such A young age. To win it on his 5th attempt is very gratifying i'm sure. To pass Tony Stewart with 19 to go like he did just proved that he had the dominant car. And the way he was hanging back in the Busch race today, and then powering to the front to win, that was just awesome.:cool:
either that or he has something no body else does and asscar turns the other way, god forbid ****ing with the cash cow.:D

rrrr
02-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Did it bother anyone to see a driver stuck in his car upside down for that long? It's a good thing there wasn't a fire after that wreck. Good job NASCAR. You'll kill another driver soon enough. I wish they would leave the safety aspect to somebody who actually knows what they are doing.
I am effing amazed that NASCAR doesn't have a trained safety crew that travels with the series. At least the dumbasses quit racing back to the yellow. Last year when Ryan Newman crashed on the frontstretch, it took over 30 seconds for someone to get to the car. I timed it myself.
The IRL, CART, and NHRA all have excellent highly trained pros. I know the most about the IRL safety team, but I do know CART has medical doctors on their crew, just like the IRL. The CART guys saved Alex Zanardi's life in Germany three years ago when his legs were amputated in an accident. I know of three separate incidents in the IRL where the doctors and EMTs had a driver that had quit breathing after a crash. All three were resuscitated.
Last year at Texas Motor Speedway Foyt Racing driver Airton Dare hit the wall on the front straight going over 200 MPH. The car was destroyed. The tub slid through the grass toward pit lane near the S/F line.
While it was still moving, a safety truck pulled alongside and put out a fire that was fed from the oil tank. I've seen the NHRA Safety Safari do the same thing.
When is NASCAR going to get out of the Stone Age?

burbanite
02-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
When is NASCAR going to get out of the Stone Age?
The next time one of their big drawcards is killed..:mad:.

Sleek-Jet
02-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Not to start an argument, I agree with the safety safari idea, but what would a full time rescue crew have done to save the lives of the drivers that have been killed in the last couple years?

LASERRAY
02-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
either that or he has something no body else does and asscar turns the other way, god forbid ****ing with the cash cow.:D You Bastard! How dare you imply that............:D I thought the same thing after the Pepsi 400 at Daytona in July 2001. But I didn't want to say anything...........:D

burbanite
02-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Not to start an argument, I agree with the safety safari idea, but what would a full time rescue crew have done to save the lives of the drivers that have been killed in the last couple years?
Who really knows, I can't say with any certainty which, if any, could have been saved but the possibility exists.
On scene resuscitation has saved many, many race drivers over the years. Yes, there are some who are beyond that point, we ourselves sadly lost Tony Renna at the end of last year, no-one could have saved him but there are many more who are saved by having highly trained individuals on site. These people are very familiar with the inner workings of the race cars, they practice extrication, they also travel to each and every race. Private testing is not allowed without the presence of a member of this crew.
This has been a bone of contention for a long time and I cannot for the life of me understand why NASCAR is so resistant to the idea. As rrrr stated, all of the other major series have a full time team and each of those series has seen first hand how efficient they are, many a driver owes his life to them.
I have personally been "attended to" by these same people and am ever grateful for their presence.

LUVNLIFE
02-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Don't forget that IHBA has a team that travels with the circuit. There are members from all over the country and other boat associations but they are familiar with boats.

rrrr
02-16-2004, 07:33 PM
BTW, Zanardi lost 70% of his blood yet still survived. Expert medical intervention saved him.
Think about that next week when guys from the Rockingham VFD are manning the trucks........

LASERRAY
02-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I can't wait to see all the complaining this weekend about the new Goodyear tires. Rockingham's sandpaper surface will prove un-kind to these thinner tires. It will be very interesting.:cool:

playdeep
02-16-2004, 08:16 PM
At Rockingham,Look for the guys with experiance driving Sprint Cars and Midgets to show there stuff...Tony Stewart,Ryan Newman,Jeff Gordon,Kenny Schrader,Dave Blaney etc.
With the abrasive surface,when the tires go away and the car starts to slide all over the track,it's just like running a regular feature in a overpowered,under-tired Sprint or midget...
In racing vernacular it's known as "carrying a car"

LASERRAY
02-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by playdeep
At Rockingham,Look for the guys with experiance driving Sprint Cars and Midgets to show there stuff...Tony Stewart,Ryan Newman,Jeff Gordon,Kenny Schrader,Dave Blaney etc.
With the abrasive surface,when the tires go away and the car starts to slide all over the track,it's just like running a regular feature in a overpowered,under-tired Sprint or midget...
In racing vernacular it's known as "carrying a car" That's a great point. These new tires will showcase the more experienced drivers and the open wheel guys will be well within their element.:wink:

burbanite
02-17-2004, 04:11 AM
People may not agree with the changes, some prefer that things remain untouched. I think the series needs something to mix it up, it was getting stagnant again and whether these things make it better or worse is yet to be determined but at least it has people talking and it will be interesting to see who adapts quickly.